AMC Theatresの社員レビュー

1,834 件のレビューを表示
Fun
Hourly Manager (在職中) –  Plainville, CT2017年12月09日
AMC theatres is a great place to work. Flexible hours and decent benefits for full time management. Amazing culture. Very fast pased and constantly changing.
Film Crew (現在は退職) –  Tukwila, WA2017年12月08日
Your job is to sell Stubs cards, if you can do this, you will have a job. Everything else can be overlooked barring major guest complaints. The training program takes a week, so you get used to sitting in a classroom and then are thrust into shifts. All of your training is on customer service, but if you are caught not selling cards, even to focus on helping a customer, you will be fired.
Forced selling
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Metairie, LA2017年12月08日
This was my first job so I learned a lot. The management was good and so were the hours. I would normally work 9am-5pm or 5pm-12am. Some days could be really slow and others were very busy.
Free movie tickets, Free rewards card, Good hours, Good management
Low pay
Could be fun. Unless your Management sucks
Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Bronx, NY2017年12月07日
No day was a typical day. You could be schedule to do work in one section of the theater but end up doing many different things through out the day which I enjoy. The culture was good many people to work but small enough to know everyone, somewhat like a family. Stock or maintenance were difficult at times. Issue i had was management, instead of leading they were usually not around and expecting you to do 2-3 different jobs at the same time, which could be problem because you'll leave one team for another to hurry back and help them again. They also didn't hire enough so you were always under staff. I did learn many things from fixing walls/machinery,communication, cleaning etc...
free movie tickets?
短所
Guess can be rude, poor management
A fun place to work
Manager (現在は退職) –  Tampa, FL2017年12月07日
It was fun - Advancement opportunities exist but you have to move to Kansas City. Little oversight was both a Pro and a Con. I didn't have anyone breathing down my back, but also, I don't think upper management had a clue of my capabilities.
Little oversight
Little oversight
Great coworkers, fast paced
Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Orange, CA2017年12月05日
At AMC I had the privilege to work with some great employees who were really friendly, it is a very fast paced job when it gets busy. I got the chance to also enjoy the benefits of working at AMC, which included free movies.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 1報告する
Not Worth It
Associate (在職中) –  Asheville, NC2017年12月05日
They fired the janitors and expect their employees to stay until 3 AM and pick up the slack while giving no pay raises. They don't even recycle and we throw away multiple cardboard boxes a day. Overall the management is nice and understands we our underpaid and overworked but the owners don't care about the employees.
長所
Free movies popcorn and drinks
too many to list
Amc
Crew Member (在職中) –  Burbank, CA2017年12月05日
Fun, temporary work environment for college and high school students.
Little chance for advancement unless you know someone.
As much as people complain about the managers at AMC, with the exception of one or two, the management at AMC is quite good, albeit, temporary. It seems that they have little say in what AMC will and will not do and they do the best that they can with what they receive.
My biggest concern is that even though we are the busiest in the nation, there is little interest from corporate to help fix many issues that could be resolved if AMC was more willing to spend for the overall upkeep of the busiest theatre in the nation.
社風
Good first job for a teenager
Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Miami, FL2017年12月05日
I was able to learn a lot of thing in this job, that set the foundation for the real world based on the management crew and other peers, was able to watch as many free movie, free popcorn an soda, discounted hotdogs and nachos.
Literally hated this place
Film Crew (現在は退職) –  San Antonio, TX2017年12月04日
management was literally the worst. they pick favorites and let's just say if you're not one of them you'll be an usher for every single shift, while people they like will repeatedly be greeter and box. super underpaid and overworked for the amount of stuff you have to deal with. And you will work every single holiday no ifs ands or buts
Fun
Crew Leader (現在は退職) –  Glendale, AZ2017年12月04日
Definitely a good job with good energy. The job is super easy and the people you work with are awesome. Definitely recommend this job to someone looking for their first job
stuck
Film Crew (現在は退職) –  Evansville, IN2017年12月04日
Stuck is the best way to describe the working environment at AMC. To utilize the idea of a ladder, one is stuck on the second rung, and that is the extend that one is able to move up.
Eh.
Film Crew (在職中) –  New York, NY2017年12月04日
The job is fun, but only for a short time. It is pretty much exactly what you'd expect. The hours are exhausting - movie theaters are open late. You're expected to sell memberships and get reprimanded if you don't. The job is all about up-selling. You have to have at least two weekend days and one week day fully available (weekends at AMC start on Friday morning and end Sunday night). This is a high stress job.
free movies
weird hours, weekends required
社風
Too Many hours, not enough pay
Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Charlotte, NC2017年12月04日
I was one of the only people that was trained in every aspect of the theatre, yet I was never recognized. I was a supervisor making 9.50 an hour. Now I make $13 an hour as an unexperienced line cook. The job would've been way worth the BS if the pay was better.
社風
Ideal for teenagers or a second job
Box Office Attendant/Bartender (現在は退職) –  South Bend, IN2017年12月02日
I took this position as a way to make additional income. It served its purpose and I left on good terms. The normal pace is high, but there are lower points. The pay is just minimum wage, so I wouldn't suggest this as a way to make your primary income unless you are a teenager who needs money for a car, gas, etc.
fun and compeditive
Server (現在は退職) –  Mesquite, TX2017年12月02日
when you come in i would sign in to the computer then i would start to put my work outfit on get a hand held for order taking and then get given a theater that i would have to take until it ended.
長所
half price lunch and free drinks
rude custermers low tips
社風
Challenging with occasional long hours
Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Hammond, LA2017年12月01日
The typical day is pretty routine making sure that all aspects of the theater are ready for business. I've learned a lot about running a business, ordering supplies, counting money, inventory, managing people, dealing with the public etc.. The shift work and distance I have to travel are reasons that make this job difficult. The people I work with are what make this job enjoyable because they both friendly and helpful.
Free movie viewing
Dealing with irrational people
i hate this job
Ticket Agent (現在は退職) –  Clifton, NJ2017年11月30日
i was discriminated for my orientation. made me feel unwanted and very uncomfortable. they were very fake and sneaky. i dont not recommend this place to anyone
protective
Team Member (現在は退職) –  Springfield, PA2017年11月29日
Everyday i would clean greet the guest and be a cashier or clean the auditorium. A typical day i learned how to connect with guest on a regular. The management was really good they were very understanding when it was times people had to call out last minute , but was really bad with communicating. The work place culture was very nice and settle. The hardest part fro me was the advertising. The most enjoying was watching free movies.
社風
Exploits workers, like many other large companies
CREW MEMBER (在職中) –  Miami, FL2017年11月28日
You get paid as low as possible while they are constantly increasing your workload and trying to cut budgets. Be prepared to work every night, weekend and holiday. Kiss any chance of a social life good-bye. They tell ever new hire that they will receive a raise every six months, you will never get them. You will always be tired from all of the physical labor, this job truly consumes every fiber of your being.
Low pay, No breaks, Bad hours, Physical labor