AMC Theatresの社員レビュー

2,580 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
社風
Overall a great opportunity and workplace
Film Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Temple, PA2018年7月15日
It was my first job, and it provided minimum wage, and flexible schedules. It was an experience that helped me further advance in life. Management was kind and it was a great work environment. The workplace itself was amazing and friendly.
長所
Free movies for you offwork, discounted products, etc
短所
Pay rate (no pay raise during my 2 year duration while working there)
disorganized training; changing policy
General Manager (GM) (現在は退職) –  Texas2018年7月13日
AMC bought the company I originally worked for. In Training they tell you to always reach out and ask questions, but then you would end up getting several different answers and no one clarifies which is the right one. In one training session they had us all test our personalities types. Some of us didn't fit their type and it seems to me that they are finding reasons to let us go, such as failing their rigorous evaluations. Also, they seemed more money driven. They didn't seem to care for their employees or customers. Only wanted to make money any way they could.
Laid back, nice perks
Bartender (在職中) –  Alexandria, VA2018年7月13日
The theater you work at may differ from mine. it gets busy, but we have our slow days. These days are incredibly easy. Free posters and movies are amazing. My manager is great, but I hear of some managers who are harder to handle. The customers are ok, but the lines can get long and stressful. A slow paced day can turn into a fast paced one real quick.
長所
Free posters and movies, long breaks
Stressful rushes, demanding customers
Meh
Associate (現在は退職) –  Parker, CO2018年7月13日
It was ok. Did not enjoy management. Did not enjoy the scheduling style. But its an easy job if you like the smell of popcorn enough to wear it for days after your shift
It was ok
Crew Leader (現在は退職) –  West Chester, OH2018年7月12日
Fun and relaxed but not much space for growth. Overall I liked amc a lot but I was never going to become successful there and I know that I need to be pushed.
社風
Company that doesn't care for its employees
Manager (在職中) –  Dublin, OH2018年7月12日
The largest cinema chain in the world and they use loop holes to cheat employees. No overtime paid in Ohio (state law loop holes exploited), no holiday pay yet expected to work ALL holidays and they keep you at 28 hours a week so they don't have to offer health insurance even though that's not a federal policy anymore.
If you call off for any reason, illness, family emergency, ect., you are given a written disciplinary action. This is even with getting your shift covered. Management is not permitted to ever call off or be absent for any reason.
Free movies for yourself and 1 guest
短所
No overtime, holiday pay, vacation or sick leave.
Good job little pay
Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Chattanooga, TN2018年7月12日
I liked working there but the pay discouraged me. Sometimes the managers wouldn’t listen to you or just flat out ignore your requests off from work no matter the importance.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ 1報告する
Not what I expected
Usher (現在は退職) –  Mountainside, NJ2018年7月12日
I think they should take money out of our check for cleaning services. When is it the Ushers responsibility for cleaning the restrooms. I can understand cleaning the movie theater but not the bathrooms. Especially the women's bathroom. It was disgusting. It took forever to receive my check. The payroll is horrible.
Discount on movies
No teamwork
社風
Hectic job, where employees did all the work with hardly any help from management
Staff Member (現在は退職) –  El Paso, TX2018年7月12日
AMC was very disorganized. Though I enjoyed it for a while, I begin to realize that that place was very much ran off of favoritism and unfair treatment with a lack of communication. They had yearly raises and a rotating schedule that would have no regard toward any or all family priorities and employees request for days off, due to school, family, or emergency situations. So much so, in fact, I was terminated due to being scheduled on a day my brother had an emergency he needed help with and had let me know a week in advance about. I requested that soecific day to help my brother, yet they still scheduled me, knowing I could not go in. To top it off, there was to much drama and rumors floating around everywhere and people would steal your personal items and had no sense of privacy.
長所
Free movies and people were friendly
短所
It was not family oriented and very disorganized
Free stuff
Usher/Concessions (現在は退職) –  Marion, IL2018年7月12日
You get free posters, pop corn, soda and slushes on breaks. and can watch movies anytime! and bring 1 person to come see movie with you. But as a minor I was paid under minimum wage. if ur an adult... u might not like this job. cleaning after people. good starter job.
free stuff
短所
management, bathroom clean up, theater clean up after childs movie
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 2報告する
社風
Bad place to work at local level
Manager (現在は退職) –  Westminster, CO2018年7月11日
AMC is a great place to work if you work for coporate. However it is not a great place to work if you are in the local market. Pay is not valued for the amount of work that is being done
社風
It's a really great place to work at but not for three years.
Sales Representative (在職中) –  Cartersville, GA2018年7月11日
I love working at AMC everyone is like family up there. But if you've been there for a while. They treat you horrible I wouldn't recommend it for anyone to work there honestly.
Free movies
短所
Short breaks under stress at all times.
Stressful with little pay
Concessionist/Usher (在職中) –  Canton, GA2018年7月11日
I don't know about other AMC's but my AMC fired their night janitors and then started to expect the closing concessionists and ushers to clean the whole building. On a slow day like a Monday or Wednesday, closing isn't that bad. But on a Tuesday or the weekend, it's impossible to close on time. the closing hours are 8-2am but there have been many times where we've stayed until 4 or 5 in the morning cleaning the building. They either need to hire more people to close and adjust their payroll or they need to hire the janitors back. And oh, not to mention the closers only get paid $8, which is insane.
Free movies, discounted snacks
短所
Pay and hours are awful unless you're an opener or mid-shifter
Stayed because of coworkers
Crew Member (在職中) –  Madison, TN2018年7月10日
I only stayed as long as I did because of my coworkers. Then all of us decided to quit. I enjoyed being able to get close to my coworkers but when we were working 4 to 5 12 sometimes 14 hour shifts in a row it got to be too much.
長所
Few movies and discounts on snacks
短所
Awful pay and too short of breaks
Movie
Cashier (現在は退職) –  Mobile, AL2018年7月10日
I worked the register and also assisted with the serving of snacks and beverages. I cleaned the lobby and also the theater. I assisted customers to there seats.
No Room for Growth and Breaks Federal Law
Usher, Concessionist, Cashier/Box Office Sales (現在は退職) –  Flower Mound, TX2018年7月10日
I used to work for AMC Theatres in Grapevine and Highland Village. They would let minors use the oven at AMC Highland Village, which is against federal law. Also, they never let you go on break, which is also the law if you work more than four hours.
excelente
pintor (現在は退職) –  São Paulo, SP2018年7月10日
meu propio negocio entao trabalho sozinho por enquanto
work enviroment
Customer Service Attendant (現在は退職) –  Corpus Christi, TX2018年7月09日
typical day: serving customers at concession stand, extremly busy and face paced, cleaning theaters for the next movie. hardest part of job cleaning of restrooms with vomit or feases
長所
discount movies, discount snacks drinks while on shift
短所
late nights if schedule for evening shift, cleaning up after filthy customers
社風
The premier movie exhibitor in the U.S.
Senior Motion Graphic Designer (現在は退職) –  Kansas City, MO2018年7月07日
Good management. Fun work culture. Several years of work experience in meeting client's expectations and deadlines. Great perks. Great hours. Paid holidays. Overall good experience.
Annual movie passes
On a youth kick!
Job
Crew member (在職中) –  City Industry, CA2018年7月07日
It’s a pretty cool, and it’s very fast paced at first but once you’ve been there a while you get the hang of it and it becomes second nature and it becomes sort of fun in a way. I would recommend everyone to work here. There’s usually a lot of cool people who work at amc, life long homies
Discounts, movie tickets