AMC Theatresの社員レビュー

2,561 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
Low pay
Film Crew Associate (現在は退職) –  Mesquite, TX2018年6月18日
Working for minimum wage there is no way to live off of that at all. No real option for movement up management. The supervisors also cannot do much to help without a managers approval.
社風
que sea un ambiente donde podamos compartir con nuestros compañeros
Pailero (現在は退職) –  Cartagena, Bolívar2018年6月18日
Trabajar y hacer las cosas bien . aprender a compartir con mis compañeros, que entre nuestros jefes tengamos una armonía muy buena ya sea en lo cultural en lo deportivo y en lo laboral.La parte mas difícil del trabajo es que no tengamos comunicación con los compañeros . Lo que mas me gusta es que el trabajo que este realizando me salga bien y nuestros jefes estén contentos, y la empresa salga adelante.
長所
que tengamos un seguro que nos cobije todo
短所
que tengamos pausas en tiempos determinados
Could be better
Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA2018年6月18日
Managers at the time were very selfish centered and couldn't properly approach and employee without attitude. And took almost a month to send my check.
Short breaks
great place to work
Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Paramus, NJ2018年6月17日
for the most part managers were very nice and understanding. great starting job for thise who need a gig just for the summer or during the holidays. juwanda was the absolute best . the owner was very stern but suportive
Good first Job
AMC Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Cleveland, OH2018年6月17日
The coworkers made it bearable and the hours are flexible, but you do not get paid a livable wage. The managers can get away with everything they like and at some points it is a popularity contest. A lot of immature minors.
社風
AMC We make Smiles Happen (Not for your employees)
Box Office Cashier, Concessions, Usher, Crew Lead (現在は退職) –  Thousand Oaks, CA2018年6月16日
I've worked at a theater location since 2015, I am speaking from many years of experience. When I started working here we weren't know as AMC Theaters, it was Carmike Cinemas. Carmike got bought out and switched to AMC brand in April of 2017. AMC has completely taken all fun out of what it's like to work at a theater. At AMC you will be known and graded for one thing. Selling Stubs, what's annoying is by company standards they think anyone will sign up for it. The truth is they won't and I'm going to explain why. AMC Insider, is a absolute joke of a rewards program. It's 100% but the benefits are almost 0. Basically you've got to spend $250 to get a $5 reward, it waves tickets online if you've got 3 or more people in your party which I guess is kinda useful for a family.

AMC Premier is the knight in shining armor. AMC is desperately trying to find new ways to brainwash the customer/guest into buying it. You will be worshiped as a God by among management for selling them and will constantly expected to sell them for every 10 guest you help. However depending on how your theater looks seat wise and or screen wise it might not be a place a guest would want to return. I came from an out dated theater and I wouldn't wanna go to a place I didn't find comfortable to sit and enjoy a movie in. This is all the cooperation cares about that's it. You could save someone from a burning projection booth and they'd still congratulate whoever sold the most Stubs that day over you.

You're expected to up-sell these to every guest. Out of town visiting family? Under the age of 12? Speak
  続きを読む no English? Doesn't matter they expect you to 100% try to get them to sign up. This all would be fine if they took in to account how much time this takes to sign them up. They will say "It only takes a few moments" but that's a lie. With the computers from 2008 you're looking at something that takes around 3 minutes to do. Keep in mind you've still got a line of people waiting for you to finish. If you're the only one on register you should feel happy you signed someone up however the people it line couldn't be more impatient. I've had guest several times request "Is there anyone else who may be able to help us?" Even tho they've waited a solid 2 minutes or less.

There's good benefits to it and by that I mean only things that are available off the clock. Free movies with you +1 other, discounts applied to things you buy in concessions. Being able to see any movie at any AMC location.

I focused mainly on Box Office a large portion of my time here, I was very fast and it knew what to do and basically could answer any question that came my way. Box Office is by far one of the easiest positions for someone who knows what they are doing and is social. You might deal with guest who are a little unhappy with how the seats are and or pricing but I've never had anyone yell directly at me for a mistake I made, but that all depends on who the person you wronged is.

Greeter/Ticket Taker: You might as well watch paint dry consider this shift solitary confinement. You just rip tickets and answer peoples questions of where the bathroom is.

Usher: It completely an utter when it's busy. The would need 8 trash cans a theater. What use to be PAPER bags is now replaced with cardboard buckets that about of them will fill up a trash barrel.

Concessions: Expect as much suggestive selling and selling Stubs equal to and or more the Box Office.

Take in to account that there will never be an accurate of when you'll be scheduled you could be scheduled to close which could be even until midnight and have to open again at 9am.

AMC makes smiles happen for anyone who's not an employee.
  折りたたむ
長所
Free movie tickets and discounts
短所
Expecting to sign up everyone for rewards.
社風
Good summer job for teens
Film Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Woodridge, IL2018年6月15日
Working on the Film Crew at an AMC Theater is a great first job for teens over the summer or after school, but beyond that the company isn't some place I'd like to start a career. The benefits are decent for full time employees but you have to sink in a few years as a Film Crew Member before that's an option.
Amc,singareni power plant, warangal
Quality Control Engineer (現在は退職) –  Singareni, Andhra Pradesh2018年6月15日
I felt happy working under this company, but the working hours has to be changed or else the salaries must be increased according to the working hours
Great part time job
Manager (在職中) –  North Wales, PA 194542018年6月15日
I started at AMC just working concessions. They saw the potential in me. From there I learned ticketing, opening, closing, and how to run the projectors. I just recently was promoted to manager. If you are conscientious and are good at your job, you can move up in the company.
社風
Awesome place to work, fun environment; Depends a lot on who your managers are
Crew Leader (在職中) –  Newark, CA2018年6月15日
AMC has always been a really great place to work. This was my first job. I'd highly recommend the place as an entry-level job or for someone who is looking to make a little bit of extra money. They give you free tickets! It's you plus one and some theaters change it during the summers, you plus two. Also depends on the level you are at. Supervisors and managers get to bring more.
Quality of management depends highly on how they are as people, I believe. Most of the managers were awesome, some are sub-par and it is hard to get them to do anything. For the most part, they are very good about scheduling you correctly, but during busy releases (for example Jurassic World, Incredibles 2, etc) you will want to put in your request for days off as soon as possible.
In my experience, the crew is awesome and it is always a good time. The job title attracts a lot of laid-back people and they create a good, friendly environment.
The hardest part of the job is if you're over 18 (maybe younger, depending on your school status and state laws), closing can keep you at work as late as 3 am. This is good, however, if you need overtime pay or more hours.
長所
Free movies, free popcorn during your shift, discounted food during shifts, friendly environment, lots of space to advance (it is highly encouraged)
短所
Might stay late depending your availability
Employees who don't care
Bartender (在職中) –  Phoenix, AZ2018年6月14日
From the bottom with bussers to the top managers, employees at AMC dine-in theaters do not care about their job or making the company a better place to work. Managers who do not know how to lead, care about all the wrong things, and choose to encourage mediocrity create an atmosphere of uncaring in the work place.
長所
The job is easy, money is decent
短所
Motivation to do well is non-existent.
社風
I can make life work with this job
CREW MEMBER (在職中) –  Houston, TX2018年6月13日
Being that I was college student majority of my time here the pay was ok because I didn't have that many expenses however the pay was not enough for all we had to do and endure.
長所
they were flexible with my schedule
the pay wasn't enough
Friendly and team spirited
Team Member/Cashier (現在は退職) –  La Jolla, CA2018年6月13日
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and with people, this is a great job. Multitasking is a must, wether it is in concessions, ticket taking or ushering. As an AMC Theaters employee you get free movie tickets - I don't remember if there was a limit to how many tickets you can get a day. Management was easy going and very approachable.
Free Movie Tickets; Raises
Ehh
Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Danvers, MA2018年6月13日
Ok for a temporary job, they expect a lot of you. Never enough staff on busy days. Slow days can be chill. Really depends on which theater you are at and the people there.
it was stressful
Cashier (現在は退職) –  Somerville, MA2018年6月13日
the managers didn't care much about your schedule unless they personally liked you, i live in a dangerous area and told them night shifts are really horrible for me and they gave me morning shifts only for a week as if the violence stopped. so i ended up spending money on ubers just to ensure i got home safe
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 1報告する
sucks to work here
Film Crew (現在は退職) –  Morrow, GA 302602018年6月13日
working there was terrible and very stressful. They do not value employees. They do not care about the fact that employees have lives and other things to do.
great experience
Worked at AMC as a busser (現在は退職) –  Framingham, MA2018年6月12日
• Responsible for delivery of food and beverages to customers
• Interact with guests and provide quality customer service
• Perform dishwashing duties
fun place but low pay
Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Tysons Corner, VA2018年6月12日
the pay there sucked for how busy it was but you did get to talk to and meet a lot of nice people. huge crowds of people and not a lot of time for any breaks
free popcorn
no benefits really
Fun Place to Work
Crew (現在は退職) –  Carbondale, IL2018年6月11日
It was a fine job but the managers made it harder than it needed to be. I enjoyed the coworkers and the ability to see movies on my days off for free.
Working at AMC.
Crew Member (現在は退職) –  Pensacola, FL2018年6月11日
Worst management team I've ever worked for. Selfish, rude and played favorites. Most managers just stand, even during busy nights and didn't help at all. Would not recommend to anyone to work here. Worst place ever.
長所
Free movies. Free drinks & popcorn.
短所
No opportunity for advancement. No communication with managers. Rude managers.
申請されたプロフィール