American Expressの社員レビュー

4,858 件のレビューを表示
Great compensation and benefits
Customer Care Professional (現在は退職) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL2018年2月05日
The job itself can be very stressful but the pay and benefits are great. There are many events and activities that makes going to work eventful. The customers can be difficult and the push for numbers can make the job more stressful.
長所
Great cafeteria, affordable benefits, bonuses
短所
short breaks, stressful work environment
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
社風
la mejor empresa para trabajar
gestor financiero (現在は退職) –  Madrid, Madrid2018年2月05日
excelencia, motivacion, trabajo en equipo la mejor empresa apra trabajar.
motivacion
ninguno
great company
Corporate Travel Agant (現在は退職) –  Calgary, AB2018年2月05日
American Express was a great company to work for. they treat their employees wonderfully.

Great benefits. Travel Deals, good training.
I was in their main office for a short time, then I was working at at onsite agent with Snc Lavalin
awesome work
Customer Care Provider (現在は退職) –  1650 Gumbranch rd, jacksonville, nc 285462018年2月05日
They trained effectively and made sure all the skills they taught was given, as well as, shown examples of how to execute them. management made sure to help with any questions you have
Muito Boa de se trabalhar
Atendente de Telemarketing (現在は退職) –  Uberlândia, MG2018年2月05日
Sempre gostei de telemarketing, foi excelente trabalhar na empresa, agora retornando ao Brasil desejo voltar para essa área de atuação.
6 horas por dia
短所
Intervalos curtos ( almoço, lanche)
Global Company
Centurion Travel Agent (現在は退職) –  Sunrise, FL2018年2月05日
career advancement is based on friendships not talent. Could be the best company at the same time can be the worst depending on middle managers. Sunrise center is state of the art.
長所
Benefits
短所
policies are not standard.
It was like family
Telephone Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL2018年2月05日
It was an inbound environment and busy 95 percent of the time. American Express kept each employee informed on any new program and development with the Company. The workplace culture was business but friendly. Management and co-workers were there also to assist with any issues. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all Customers were happy with the end results of their charge disputes, though you try for the best outcome the Customer was not always happy (even if they received the refunds or not). After so many years at American Express, most enjoyable part was my fellow employees. It was like family.
長所
The company always provided the environment to work in.
短所
Health insurance becoming more expensive.
enjoyed the travel benefits
Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  phoeenix, pasadena and home2018年2月04日
Loved working in an office environment with Amex however when the travel offices were closed nationwide we had to work from home.
That was not my cup of tea unfortunately. The management was
different, quite different. But I have no regrets .I loved my fellow
coworkers and it was a good time.
長所
hotel stays, dinners, discounted travel, fams
30 min lunch
Great company!
Manager - Business Strategy Execution (在職中) –  New York, NY2018年2月04日
The company is as strong as its brand - which we all know is top notch. Collaborative environment with top talent, and dedicated management. Phenomenal parental leave.
Two years is enough
Meeting Coordinator (在職中) –  United States2018年2月03日
Most positions are virtual so you work from home. That started as a perk for me but lately is getting old. The unbalanced workload and minimal raise structure is defeating.
Experience
Relationship Officer (現在は退職) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra2018年2月03日
Working here has given me an edge for my sales skills and has helped me evolve as a sales advisor.
working with HNI and UHNI clients helps build your overall skills and confidence.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ 1報告する
社風
wonderful place to work if you dont mind the call center environment
Claims intake specialist (現在は退職) –  Tulsa, OK2018年2月03日
American express is a wonderful company, the only issue can be the environment if call centers aren't for you.it's a fast paced and stressful world, I miss it and would be happy to go back if i could.
A great place to work
Business Analyst (現在は退職) –  Greensboro, NC2018年2月03日
Overall a great place to work and able to grow with the company. I worked in a virtual environment where I managed my time and completed daily tasks and new tasks in a timely manner.
Did not meet expectations
Director (現在は退職) –  New York, NY2018年2月02日
I worked at Amex for 6 years and found that the management of the company is inconsistent across business units, the top layer of management never changes and becomes stale (they just rotate around), implementing decisions without completely disrupting operations is impossible because no one takes time to understand impact of their decisions, and no one at the top takes accountability for anything. You can run a business unit into the ground and make employees miserable and dissatisfied, and still be at the company 5 years later doing something else.

There is a layer at the top of the company that is completely out of touch with how business units actually operate. Because they all rotate around, fresh ideas are hard to come by. There is a toxic thick layer of middle management (from VP to SVP to EVP) that lacks core leadership competencies and is usually like a group of chickens with their heads cut off. Promotion is often done from within and because so many roles have been cut over the last few years to meet financial targets, there is no longer the opportunity for people to move around or move up and everything is stagnant.

The company has lost the best people and the ones that are left get shuffled from one leader to another and reorged until they eventually leave. This place has become depressing, to say the least.
長所
Good healthcare benefits, decent time off if you have time to take it
短所
Work life balance across teams is EXTREMELY inconsistent
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
befenits
highly recommend
perfect workplace culture
amex
Open Top Client Acquisition- Business Consultant (現在は退職) –  Phoenix, AZ2018年2月01日
Very good company to work for. They pay very well, train really well and churn out great employees. It is a great culture. I really enjoyed my time there and would give a thumbs up
great place to work
Customer Care Professional (現在は退職) –  Work at Home2018年2月01日
I loved working for American Express, The training was really fast for someone like me I've never worked in banking. I was employed for 6 months. I've never worked in the military time before & with Amex that's what they used & they were located in Utah pst. Amex always gave extra hours I would always sign up. I had 3 no-shows (extra hours) & I lost my job. I was very sad about it because I worked so hard to learn my job. Now I know military time along with the pst & different time zones, I'm just waiting for my previous position to become available so that I can reapply. Best company to work from home for. American Express provides the equipment & they pay for the business side of the internet. The pay is wonderful :)
長所
work from home & virtual training
fast pace taining
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
Good Pay for the Stress
Lead Corporate Customer Care Professional (現在は退職) –  Phoenix, AZ2018年1月31日
If your on the phones all day it can be stressful. Metrics are pushed heavy. Some are easy to obtain while others are sometimes out of your control. The pay is more than reason for what you are doing.
Good Bonuses
Stressful on the phones
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
Great Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (現在は退職) –  Minneapolis, MN2018年1月31日
Great atmosphere, very busy in daily duties. Continual collaboration with other departments. I found the company to be diverse and welcoming of all cultures. Enjoyed the environment and the people.
Noted here
Noted here
Master Credit specialist (現在は退職) –  Gurgaon, Haryana2018年1月30日
Every new day was challenging, full of surprises and fun. The goodies and incentives were a driving force. Campus had amazing facilities. The festivals, though were working days, yet felt like festivals. Management, if wishes, can do anything (just like any other org with politics). Learned, teamwork, integrity, Customer Commitment, quality, respect for people, Good Citizenship, A will to win and accountability. Learned how to draw my own career path at Amex. The competition was pretty healthy among peers. Hardest part was to quit. Enjoyed every possible day except for the last day. The only regret is, management could have been a little flexible about leave policy.
長所
Goodies every now and then
短所
No flexibility of policies for consumers
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 7いいえ 1報告する