American ExpressのTravel Counselorポジションの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 197 件見つかりました 5,995 件のレビューを見る
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
社風
Good company at first but going down hill
Executive Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Jacksonville, FL2018年10月15日
There for 10 years and once they started going to surveys the company mindset changed and things started going down hill and people started losing jobs. Started relying too heavily on surveys and were holding people accountable for things they had no control over.
Get to visit 5 star properties and travel to places you've never seen before
短所
Do not give respect to there tenured employess like they should.
社風
This is a very good company, with excelent benefits
Executive Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Lawrenceville, GA2018年10月11日
Good company to work for, however very little opportunity to really grow in the travel division. The other areas..i.e card, marketing, banking are much better for personal growth
Bonuses, continued training opportunities
短所
Undue pressure to meet sales goals
Excellent Company
Travel Support Counselor / Agent (現在は退職) –  Rolling Meadows, IL2018年10月02日
Above and beyond Customer Service Skills.....Great Interpersonal Skills.....Bilingual Spanish highly proficiency.....Team Player....Promoted Diversity....
社風
Good employer, boring tasks at work.
Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Phoenix, AZ2018年9月20日
Good culture, great customer service. Boring work. Great benefits and good coworkers. Typical day at work involved too much time spent on the phone.
社風
This is the WORST job I have ever had in my life
Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Work at Home2018年9月19日
While working at American Express I was constantly worried that I was going to be fired, until I ultimately was. The metrics they expect you to receive for their survey scores are unrealistic, which they know, but they don't care.
-You're expected to receive 7 positive surveys to outweigh 1 negative survey. Never mind that almost every negative survey you receive will be no fault of your own (incorrect card terms, another agent error, wrong department.)
So, let's say you receive two negative surveys in one month (30 days, that's doable, right?) You need to get FOURTEEN positive surveys to meet your metrics for that month. And that is just ONE metric. Never mind that the average agent only pulls in 5-10 surveys a month, maximum. You may be thinking this is doable...it's not. Want to know why? Because you can have a fantastic call with a card member and still get a "5/10" survey score, or heck "8/10" (yup that still counts against you) because of something stupid like the card member doesn't get free breakfast at their hotel. How do you have control over that?
-MICROMANAGEMENT. You spend more than 9 minutes in after call a manager reaches out and asks why...but you need help because you can't figure something out and contact a manager....I once waited 1 hour and 37 minutes for a manager to contact me back. THAT'S American Express.
-You inquire about the metrics they will always find something you could've done on that call. Regardless of if the card member says "you have been excellent. You're the best agent I've ever talked to." A manager WILL find a problem with that
  続きを読む call.
-The benefits SUCK here. They cover nothing.
-They told us we would receive bonus' within 6 months. After our training period they told us we would not receive them for 1+ year.
-They told us we would be eligible for the 2019 shift bid. 3 months before the shift bid they said we weren't eligible.
-LIES. LIES. LIES.
  折りたたむ
pay
短所
micromanagement, managers, lack of support, poor benefits, bad leadership, impossible metrics
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 1報告する
Very professional environment
American Express Travel Counsellor (在職中) –  Saint John, NB2018年9月04日
- Travel arrangements to places all over the world
- The most challenging part of the job was their main OS
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the client base
社風
fast pace and hard work. The clients were enjoyable.I learned sabre very well
business travel counselor (現在は退職) –  Tampa, FL2018年8月28日
Fast pace and hard work but fun to deal with my clients I learned sabre very well and how to give great customer service.The management was good.Great benefits including vacations
長所
benefits
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ報告する
Treated like a robot
Premium Travel Counselor//Concierge Consultant (現在は退職) –  Toronto, ON2018年8月18日
Management at this company is great! They do their best to treat you well and with respect. Overall however, this is a huge corporation that cares about statistics and metrics much more than the needs/wellbeing of the lowly employee. The hours are terrible unless you've been with the company 10+ years. The first few years you can expect to work 3-11pm and your days off may not be consecutive. You MUST work 4 stat holidays a year (which means all the 'goods ones' for anyone without years of tenure - Christmas eve, Christmas, Boxing day, New Years Eve). Every movement is tracked (ie: how long your bathroom breaks are, when you take your breaks -- if breaks are taken even 5 minutes late you will be reprimanded). You must take as many calls as possible to the point that the stress is overwhelming....I began to feel panicked all the time
Lieu days
短所
Terrible hours, treated like a robot
Learned alot in Business Travel
Website Navigation Analyst/Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Dearborn, MI2018年8月17日
Very good job to learn all aspects of critical business travel. There were times spent on the phone trying to get customers out of hurricanes and disaster areas.
Not ideal
Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Phoenix, AZ2018年7月28日
This is not a travel position, it is a call center position you must take a call every 6-9 minutes or explain to a Manager what you are working on. Many agents work in a virtual environment and have little travel knowledge or destination knowledge. There is no opportunity for growth, constant change in procedures. Attrition is very high at the agent and Team Leader so there is a lack of teamwork as well.
長所
Benefits, vacation time, work from home opportunities
短所
Shift bids provide no work/life balance, Management micro-manages employees, no promotional opportunities, limited travel benefits
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Work at Home
Travel Counselor (在職中) –  Work at Home - Las Vegas2018年7月16日
Work loads are busy handling a very high level clientele. Several American Express Travel agents are able to work at home. Working as an at home agent is both enjoyable and sometimes hard with tech issues but overall I prefer a virtual work environment.
Great benefits
Metrics are ridiculous
Corporate Travel Counselor (在職中) –  Virtual2018年7月14日
American Express COULD be an amazing place to work if they changed their metrics to be reasonable and fair. You can be a top producer who is well liked by clients and still be reprimanded because you kept someone on hold too long. Or...your customer can love your service and then be transferred to another department in which their experience was negative and YOU take a hit for a bad survey when it was another agent they didnt like...its very unfair. There is no job security so even if you are doing a good job they can and will cut people at will so you are always walking on eggshells. Stress is greatly effected by the supervisor you have and there are many inconsistencies with policy. It would take so little for the company to revamp things to the satisfaction of employees for retention but no matter how many people make suggestions the company remains rigid; it's really a shame. The turnover is the highest I've ever seen in a large company in over 30 years in the travel industry...this SHOULD be something the company takes into consideration. The vacation benefits are VERY good but that is small compensation for extreme and unnecessary stress. I keep hoping for positive changes but it seems I only see the opposite. Disappointed to say the least
Vacation
短所
Unreasonable demands and unattainable metrics
Productive Company to work with
Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Lawrenceville, GA2018年7月02日
atypical day is answering the phones and getting the clients what they want. Listening attentively and get what the want without a glitch.
it is very rewarding when they call and have advised everythig went
smoothly and they want you to plan there next holiday.
Very fullfiling
短所
When clients are stuck and can't get out of their location
Call Center
Travel Counsellor (現在は退職) –  Hamilton, ON2018年6月06日
Log into the phone and take as many client bookings as you can. Balance time on the phone and documentation off the phone. Hardest part of job was when dealing with bookings that had some kind of error and flights, hotel or the car rental was canceled.
Free Lunches
短所
Could get caught on a booking at the end of your shift
Enjoyed my work experience
Corporate Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Cambridge, MA2018年5月24日
Found I was treated fairly and with respect at American Express. Had opportunities to research a wide variety of Job choices and locations. Was never micro managed and could voice my opinion.
customers require a lot
Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Atlanta, GA2018年5月08日
a lot of the customers feel as american experss agents you can move mountains-and have control over airlines and hotels. great perks though. I have no more to say.
perks and benefits
Some expectations are unattainable
Supervisors
Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Dearborn, MI2018年5月03日
The management team was very rude & did not care about true customer service and more about keeping your calls to the lowest time possible. The work life balance doesn't exist. The only good thing about this company is the pay & vacation time.
I thought once they moved us all to work from home that would be an amazing perk, however, as soon as the transition was complete we were made to work split shifts. My shift was 3a-7a & 6p-10p. It was awful
社風
I just loved working for a great brand of a company like american express.
Executive Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Miramar, FL2018年5月01日
American express five fortune company was really a great company to work for I retired after 15 years of service with them. I still have a lot of gas in my tank and would like to bring my expertise to your company. American express give you the best of training on how to handle customers and irate
Customers.
I would recommend american express to any one who is seeking a great job with great benefits. American express is known all over the world and the brand is excellent. The training you received sticks with you through your life time. There is nothing negative I would say about a company that I work for 15 years. They give you very good training and keeps you informed of changes which is normal in american express. Changes is always good you just have to adjust to changes. The supervisors keep up with your success in the company with one on ones every month to go over what your goals are and how you are doing as far as the metrics. Average handling time, sales per staff hour . I always made by goals .
社風
Great place to work mandatory travel all over the world (sponsored in order to better assist the American Express Member travel experience.
Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Phoenix, AZ2018年4月27日
Very fast pace environment, Lots of support, Great place to work if you are interested in traveling over the US and Europe. Travel to a destination is a requirement sponsored by the company. Management a little aloof.
Travel
短所
New employee getting market value for the job.
Review
Global Business Travel Counselor (現在は退職) –  Miami Lakes, FL2018年4月10日
It was a good work environment, but there was not many opportunities for advancement. The day to day was like a typical work place. It was a lot of costumer care.
申請されたプロフィール