Barnes & Nobleの社員レビュー

2,975 件のレビューを表示
Great Part-Time Job
Bookseller (現在は退職) –  Reno, NV2017年12月14日
I loved this job a LOT. I had a lot of fun working at Barnes & Noble, but the store manager that took over shortly after I started was utterly awful. She was the WORST. I was determined to out-live her at the company, and I did, so once we got a new store manager, I was out. Great coworkers, great customers, great experience.
社風
I enjoyed this job as a part-time job and had fun with my coworkers while working in a continually fast-paced and fun environment.
Barista/Bookseller (現在は退職) –  San Jose, CA2017年12月14日
My experience at this company was positive, and I enjoyed the fast-paced retail and cafe environment of the location. I had great experiences with the customers and became friends with my coworkers. I was able to continue my skills as a barista while I was attending a local college.
Great discount, lovely coworkers
短所
Rare advancement, low hourly wages
I loved working at Barnes and Noble
Sales Associate / Bookseller (現在は退職) –  Tupelo, MS2017年12月14日
This has been one of my favorite jobs. I am an avid reader and therefore enjoyed working in a bookstore. The management and the staff worked well with one another. They were flexible with scheduling and willing to work with you on your schedule.
Books
Low pay
Stressful
Server (現在は退職) –  Honolulu, HI2017年12月13日
Working at this place isn't that bad, management is okay, although I think the customers really make or break the job. Considering it's a small cafe and many customers believe it to be a Starbucks instead and them hassling the staff makes it a stressful job. If you're great at handling trouble maker customers and you enjoy it--this job is for you. Also caution pretentious customers who come in everyday expect you to know their order as they're a regular.
Just another retail job.
Bookseller and Cashier (在職中) –  Long Beach, CA2017年12月13日
While the assumption about working at Barnes & Noble is positively associated with working around books, the fact remains that it is just another retail job. Generally, you feel as if you are putting a lot more effort into your work than you are getting paid for, and numbers and sales are the only thing that matter to the company.
Discounts
短所
Not much career advancement, minimum wage, not employee oriented
社風
A good company with sensitive sensibilities.
Receiving Manager (現在は退職) –  Las Cruces, NM2017年12月13日
Overall a great company to work for. Great benefits and working hours. A strong management team and many great employees. The company strives for a strong bottom line financially and there is some level of double standard but overall well built culture.
Books and Coffee
Customer Service (在職中) –  Michigan2017年12月13日
A typical day is re-shelving books and helping customers find what they are looking for. You must be able to hand sell products to be successful in this company.
社風
Good work atmosphere with great coworkefs
Cafe Lead (在職中) –  Bay Shore, NY2017年12月13日
I love everyone I work with and the management is pretty nice. Just not too much room for advancement and it is extremity short staffed. The pay for the cafe is rather low considering I feel as if I’m doing the job of 5 people. Great job while you’re in school/figuring out what you want to do!
Great coworkers, very lenient
短所
Low pay, no advancement, sh
社風
Comfortable and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  San Luis Obispo, CA2017年12月12日
Great part time job with lots of available shifts.
Customers are generally not in too much of a hurry, there for are less cranky. Café discount keeps you alive and broke.
Can you say fresh baked cookies?!
Great Job
Barista (現在は退職) –  Pueblo, CO2017年12月11日
They were great and really flexible hours and somewhat great staff. They allowed me to grow as a person and attain great skills. Thank you Barnes & Noble .
Unpleasant and Poor Management
Bookseller (現在は退職) –  Glendale, CA2017年12月11日
Barnes and Noble was a very difficult place to work at due to the poor management. They were inefficient and struggled to lead employees, often times taking advantage of good employees, and abusing their power.
50% off Starbucks, 30% of Books
短所
Horrible Managers, No Motivational Involvement, Little Pay.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
社風
This place is great for a student....not for a serious career
Book Seller (在職中) –  Wilberforce, OH 453842017年12月11日
There aren't many benefits and the pay is really low, but if you are a college student its adequate pay. It is enough to get you some food, but not enough to pay your bills.
Fun, Lively, Energetic
low pay, low hours
社風
An amazing place to work and always something new to talk about. I work with some of the best people.
Head Cashier (在職中) –  Roanoke, VA2017年12月11日
I will always think of Barnes and Noble as a second home. I was lucky to work with the same basic team all eight years and knew they had my back. I will hope to remain in some capacity as part time or seasonal if I can work it out. I had to look for something else when new hires are not far behind me in pay and I have years on them in experience.
長所
Just about everything was a good thing.
短所
No real advancement after a point and need a better paying job.
社風
slow paced, but great people
Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Celina, OH2017年12月10日
the college campus bookstore I worked at was very small, the day seemed to drag on, wasn't much for me to do, the people I worked with were fantastic, always got the days I asked for off
discount on merchandise
slow paced
社風
Buen ambiente sin cafe gratis
Packer (現在は退職) –  Jamesburg, NJ2017年12月09日
Variación de trabajo con horarios cambiados y horas extras aveces
社風
Barnes and Noble is a results driven business that produces results
Cafe Manager (現在は退職) –  South Burlington, VT2017年12月09日
Barnes and Noble is a company that looks for and achieves results, by offering employees expectations and coaching on a regular basis. They have daily meetings with the staff reviewing successes and opportunities of meeting sales needs.
Working for Barnes and Noble really taught me how to drive and lead my team to consistently reach the next goal.
I left Barnes and Noble because my family needs made it difficult for me to give the attention to this position, that I felt it required.
Free lunches, discounts, bonuses
salaried hours
社風
Wonderful place to work part- time!
Sales Associate (在職中) –  Manhasset, NY2017年12月08日
If you are in college and need some extra pay this is a great place to build basic work skills before graduation. The staff consists of an amazing group of individuals that are diverse and talented. Management is excellent and always available to answer questions regarding work schedules or the overall work environment in general.
employee discounts, flexible hours
Stressful, No Advancement
Café Barista (現在は退職) –  Fort Collins, CO2017年12月08日
Not really any room for advancement unless you had been working with the company for years.

Kept just between 30 to 40 hours to make sure they didn't have to offer benefits.

Very strict on making sure everything is perfect but are strict on no over time.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
社風
Productive and fun workplace. Love the people!
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (在職中) –  College Station, TX2017年12月07日
You have to straighten up the store, restock shelves and put up displays. Things are pretty straightforward and structured with enough leeway to augment things as needed. The people are super fun to work with and the managers are fairly understanding and willing to work with you when they can. Customer service is a huge part of the job and multitasking can help. I've learned about efficiently performing tasks and being able to help difficult customers and situations.
Discounts, coworkers, flexibility
短所
Sometimes hours being cut, sometimes rude/entitled customers
I miss working here
Barista/Cashier (現在は退職) –  Edison, NJ2017年12月07日
It was always fun to go into work and be greeted by the work family. The other Baristas were amazing and the assistant store manager at the time was absolutely phenomenal! The only part of the job that was difficult would have been the rushes, but once you get good enough at the job it's not so bad.
長所
discounted products, decent break times
lack of staffing