Barnes & Nobleの社員レビュー

3,919 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
long hours on your feet
Bookseller/Cashier (現在は退職) –  Salem, NH2018年10月17日
you don't really get to sit unless you're on break. you have to also deal with a lot of angry customers. but the managers were very understanding and one even helped me out of a panic attack.
discount
dealing with ngry customers
Barista (現在は退職) –  Thousand Oaks, CA2018年10月16日
There's kind of a family feel with the employees here. I did end leaving because I needed to be earning more, but the job itself and my coworkers were great.
社風
Relaxed but quick paced on game days
Bookseller (現在は退職) –  Baton Rouge, LA2018年10月16日
The environment at Barnes & Noble is very welcoming and family friendly. The workers are very polite, the customers are understanding if there are shipping problems and since it is on campus, it is fairly easy for students and workers to get there.
35% discounts
short breaks
It was fine
Seasonal Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Oak Brook, IL2018年10月16日
Management was great, but the job itself was very, very dull. There were days on the weekends where we were very busy, which was nice, but most of the time there was nothing to do.
fun learning sbux drinks
Barista/Sales Clerk (現在は退職) –  Valparaiso, IN2018年10月16日
was okay job just temporary a lot of push to up sale customers all the time a lot of pressure to sell memberships that offer little benefits to costumers
easy job
two hour shifts
Great Place to work
Director of Inventory Management (現在は退職) –  Monroe, NJ2018年10月15日
Great Culture. Company was very flexible. Showed get interest in peoples career. Work day was about 8 to 10 hours a day. Training was reviewed yearly to ensure people
Very Flexible
Health care
社風
Fast paced but relaxed setting
Barista/Cashier (現在は退職) –  Las Cruces, NM2018年10月14日
Cafe is typically busy during the mornings and during lunch hours as you tend to have many regulars who arrive to the mall to walk in the morning and mall employees stop by for a coffee or lunch break throughout the day. Always something to work on and to help keep clean. Frequent interaction with book floor staff and decent discounts on food and goods.
長所
Discounts, relaxed work environment, able to build good report with regular customers
短所
Very public space to constantly on the lookout for suspicious activity, daily reminders that cafe was unable to accept Starbucks reward/gift cards
Pretty good part-time job
Bookseller (現在は退職) –  Bainbridge, GA2018年10月14日
I learned how to multi-task really quickly at Barnes & Nobles as a bookseller. I learned how to use a cash register and ship in and out book orders and etc.
長所
Discount, was on my college campus, and it was an easy going job
短所
Had some trouble with the assistant manager
Great environment
Barista/Shift Lead (現在は退職) –  Saint George, UT2018年10月13日
This was the first job I had and it was fantastic. The management was very helpful and wonderful with training, and wanted me to succeed. They like to keep promotions from within and I like that.
discounts
短所
hard to get a significant raise
社風
fun quite place to work.
Cleaner (現在は退職) –  Golden, CO2018年10月10日
Fun place to work .People are so friendly to work with activities .Holidays people come in more during Christmas ready to pay money for great gifts.very busy time of the year.
Discounts on merchandise.
No benefits
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
Nice first temp job
Customer Service (在職中) –  CCBC Essex2018年10月10日
Scheduling is very flexible. You’re meeting new people everyday. After the main event there weren’t many hours given. Management was fair. Not many tasks on a slow day.
Discount on books & clothing
短所
Little to no hours after the beginning of the season, short breaks
It is a good place
Book Seller (現在は退職) –  Cleveland, OH2018年10月10日
It was a good experience to be there, it was one of my job experience in America, so i have learned a lot about the time management, commitment. I have met good people who were helpful to me.
長所
Team work and hardworking place
短所
They like strong and commitment people
社風
Good for part-timers with no interest in advancement, not great for everyone else.
Book and Music Department Sales Lead (在職中) –  Houston, TX2018年10月09日
I started working here 5 years ago when I was still in school looking for a part-time job to make some money. Over the years, I've attempted to move up in the company multiple times but was always overlooked or denied in favor of some outside hire who never had any intention of sticking around long enough to make a decent impact on the store. I've outlasted 4 store managers, a dozen or so ASM's, and countless booksellers to be the most senior bookseller at my location and yet that's still not good enough to be promoted. The only reason I'm still here is that of the enjoyable work environment, but even that has its limits.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ 2報告する
社風
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Stocker (現在は退職) –  Boca Raton, FL2018年10月09日
I was only there for a seasonal position but the managers were always trying to encourage you to be your best and how to improve yourself and would give some positions fun contests to compete in such as up saleing etc.
Discount from starbucks
great!!
Customer Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Reston, VA2018年10月08日
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Lots of room for growth. Fun working environment. Relaxed yet fast paced and encouraging. Management really cares about your family life and every employee becomes a member of your own family
Good for Retail
CBDM (現在は退職) –  Queens, NY2018年10月08日
If you like books and like to upsell, this is for you. Managers try to make it fun everyday. You are able to work in different areas of the store so that everyday is different.
Good discount
Always short-staffed
Alright
Cashier and Book Seller (現在は退職) –  Massachusetts2018年10月08日
Didn't mind working. Management makes sure to keep you busy, few customers in store except for mid day Saturday, after church on sundays, or the holiday season.
An Excellent Temporary Position
Bookseller/Cashier (現在は退職) –  New York, NY2018年10月07日
If you love to read and are just looking for a temporary holiday job with decent discounts on lattes, this would be the job for you.
The team was amazing, the customers were well read and quite fun to speak to. The systems were easy to use, and you were paid weekly.
長所
Books absolutely everywhere, discounts in the cafe, good culture for a temp job
短所
not enough breaks, on your feet the whole shift, temp job with extremely low pay
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ 1報告する
Poor Management
CAFÉ SERVER (現在は退職) –  Virginia Beach, VA2018年10月06日
The upper management was the biggest reason why I left. Overall, it was pretty chill, great paid and even part-time people can get sick time, and after six months paid time off.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 1報告する
社風
Retail with all that that implies
customer service (在職中) –  Philadelphia, PA2018年10月06日
The public is exceedingly demanding! The company micro-manages too much. The stores have zero autonomy. Wages are low. Benefits are practically non-existent.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 1報告する