Work is fine, but relationship with colleagues can be complicated
Finance Admin (在職中) – 東京都 – 2017年10月09日
Work at Bloomberg is generally favourable.
- Work is busy but not overwhelming unless there is a shortage of manpower temporarily.
- Company culture is about being bold and taking chances but it comes down to the style of the managers of your own department.
- The company values philanthropy. I appreciate this company being committed to give back to the society.
- The company values diversity and inclusion. However, it is still a very white-dominant company. You do not see many asians at managerial positions.
- The company is still very US/NY-centric though it emphasizes to be international. A lot of resources are still only available in New York, so APAC region would need to wait for assistance from New York. Meeting hours incline to New York working hours as well.
- Relationship and communication with other employees may be the most difficult part of the job. Many people are clueless about what they are doing or they should be doing. They will just come to you and expect you will help them out no matter what.
- Training is obviously insufficient in many departments. Sometimes you would wonder how these people function properly in their roles when they are clueless about what they need to do.
- Free food at pantry which is nice.
- Compensation is competitive in the beginning but do not expect a generous raise if you are in the back office. Bonus is not attractive at all.
Free food and drinks, healthcare, initial compensation
Insignificant raise, Headquarters-centric, lack of training