ComcastのCommunication Technicianポジションの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するクチコミが 537 件見つかりました 13,259 件のクチコミを見る
Great co-workers
Communications Technician (在職中) –  New Jersey2019年4月19日
I’ve been here for about a year and a half, and looking to get out. I already came in with experience and didn’t get paid for my experience. Got hired as a non-experience Technician. Not enough $ hourly for my experience and what we deal with on a daily bases. They do have some pros, but the cons takes over by a mile. To much to list.
Take the van home
短所
To much to list, stay away.
社風
great work pace, supervisor and management always available.
Communication Technician 5 (現在は退職) –  Washington, DC2019年4月01日
Helping customers with various different issues involving cable tv, telephone system, internet and alarm systems. I learned how to be patient and take my time with my job.Management was outstanding, always took their time to make sure their employee had the training and ability to complete their job at a high level. The workplace culture, i enjoyed very much, everyone was friendly and we where a team. The hardest part of the job was figuring out different ways to solve problems that may have been very difficult. The most enjoyable part was watching the excitement on customers face after u were able to resolve a issue that may have been on going.
社風
Not a bad company to work for
Communications Technician Level 5 (CCT 5) (現在は退職) –  Nashville-Davidson, TN2019年3月31日
Comcast wasn't a bad company to work for despite the high churn rate of employees. The Nashville office regularly gave back to the community, and that's something I did like about them. That being said, the rate of expansion I believe was too fast causing issues in the system and not enough experienced technicians to properly diagnose and solve the problems in a timely manner.
Autonomy
短所
lowest paid technicians in industry
社風
Probably the most stress full job I've ever had. Benefits almost made up for it.
Communications Technician II (現在は退職) –  Sarasota, FL2019年3月25日
All technicians work 10 hour shifts. A common day is anything from full installs of cable services to simple trouble shooting of customers equipment. Hard work being hoisting your ladder around to get at arial cable to running new line through attics. Id imagine in other areas this might not be so bad. i live in florida and its hot. Aside from the heat the company has requirements that are basically impossible in some areas. Some place are all newer houses with underground cable. some areas have historic houses with all arial cable. It can be especially difficult to do your job correctly while trying to stay within the time frames you are given. This creates a lot of stress as you can receive corrective action for pretty much anything depending on your supervisor. The customers can also either be a joy or a nightmare. As a tech you are the face of the company. ON the other hand they have competitive pay and benefits that were the best ive ever had by far. My supervisor was also one of the best Ive had in any industry and as far as I can tell the other supervisors were not far behind.
Competitive pay and benefits
Stressful and labor intensive
Com ii
Communication Technician (現在は退職) –  Nashville, TN2019年3月24日
It was an okay job until they took 743$ out of my check and said I was over paid. They were not wanting to investigate and did not plan on giving me the money back.
長所
learn a lot, friendly co-workers
短所
not enough pay for all the bull you put up with
Cable Tech
Communication Technician (在職中) –  North Haven, CT2019年3月16日
Cable Service work installation and service, Customer interaction in and out of home. Work order accuracy. Assist my supervisor in leading the team of 11 guys
Lack of Communication and Understanding
Communications Technician (在職中) –  Peachtree City, GA2019年3月16日
Working as a technician for the company is one of the lowest positions one can have. With that being said, the opportunity for the company to be a great one is within reach, but the demand on techs and the lack of pay compared to others in our industry makes the work dreadful.

Furthermore, the lack of work life balance is non existent when jobs are consistently overbooked and customers are continually misinformed about the nature of the work we are to perform.

The company has a ways to go in terms of providing a better work situation for their employees and a better reputation overall.
Consistent work hours
短所
No work life balance as a tech, lack of communication, advancement is difficult due to unreasonable metrics
社風
Comcast ways to career growth
Advanced Commercial Communications Technician 4 (在職中) –  San Francisco, CA2019年3月13日
It’s not what you know, it’s who you know! Qualified candidates for any position applied for career growth does not matter in local areas unless your relationships with group of who’s hiring.
Relationships
Knowledge is not power
Excellent Company that rewards Motivation
Communications Technician (在職中) –  Redmond, WA2019年3月12日
Watch a video on the day and the life of any given position at Comcast/Xfinity. You control your career and the decisions you make benefit you. Own your work and take care of the customer, you will succeed.
長所
Compensation for services, paid time off, family environment.
短所
Emphasis on quantity sometimes overrides quality.
このクチコミは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Communication Technician III (現在は退職) –  Waukegan, IL2019年3月07日
excellent training and benefits
management is hands on and always available
Long hours while having long hours off. you work 4 days with 3 days off
clear path for career advancements
great culture and management
短所
always raising company standards without raising pay
このクチコミは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Harsh working conditions
Communications Technician (現在は退職) –  Memphis, TN2019年3月04日
This was the worst job I have ever had. Going into some of the nastiest houses just to provide cable service to the customers when that was the least thing they needed.
このクチコミは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 1報告する
comcast
Communications Technician (在職中) –  Royal Oak, MI2019年2月24日
not bad to start pay is good along with the benefits or great ( free cable, 401k match, great health services, and more) flexible work schedule helps with work/life balance.
Zero Advancement... Unless...
Communications Technician III (現在は退職) –  Savannah, GA2019年2月16日
When I first started working for Comcast, they stated that it was very easy to move up within the company. What they failed to say was that you had to be a favorite among your management in order to make those kinds of strides for your career. There is very little opportunity to advance within this company, unless you kiss the proverbial ring of all of your managers, and then there may only be opportunity to move up within your area which you were hired within. If you start as a Technician, heaven forbid you actually utilize your mind to become more than the knuckle-dragger that you are perceived to be. It does not matter at all that you may have a college degree and any appropriate training/certifications to become something more than what you were hired to be.
Discounted services
Too many to list
Best Company to work for
Communication Technician (在職中) –  Denver, CO2019年2月15日
Comcast is the best company I have ever worked for. It’s going to take one heck of a perfect opportunity for me to leave. Great culture, great managers, terrific work life balance and really gratifying work
長所
Essentially free cable, company vehicle
Good but not great
Communications Technician (現在は退職) –  Puyallup, WA2019年2月07日
Excellent discounts and health coverage but lack of career advancement and fair pay for the diverse amount of work is drastically underpaid. My supervisor was amazing great people to work with, however upper management is very disconnected from frontline workers
Product discounts
短所
Poor pay and lack of advancement
社風
Worked there just over 8 years in various cities. I had wonderful experiences in the Florida keys and Santa Fe,NM , but stay out of Sarasota/Venice.
Communication Technician III (現在は退職) –  Santa Fe, NM2019年2月07日
You must be tech savvy and not afraid of heights. Don’t get frustrated with all the services you have to learn your fellow team members will help. Stay positive and you must be a people person
Always challenging
短所
You have to work in tight spaces
社風
Don't ever work for them as a technician
Communications Technician (現在は退職) –  Lakewood, CO2019年2月01日
Expect to work over time basically every day, have unreasonable metrics to meet, get the short end of the stick from every other department in the company, feedback goes entirely disregarded AT BEST or leads to "not retribution but definitely retribution" and no matter what happens it's your fault.

Customer doesn't understand how their own third party equipment works? Your fault.

Customer thinks their equipment is too loud because the warehouse keeps handing out a model of box with bad fan despite EVERY tech telling them it's a problem? Your fault.

Customer gets a sound bar for their TV and can't get their remote to change the volume? Your fault.

And guess what, all of those 'repeats' negatively affect your scorecard, which means your opportunity for advancement, which means your opportunity to make money. Which is important, because Chick-Fil-A has a higher starting wage that Comcast/Xfinity.

I could go on and on. This was by far the worst job I've worked so far. Unless you're about to be homeless on the street and fighting dogs for scraps, don't apply for this position.
Company vehicle
Literally all of it
このクチコミは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ 1報告する
社風
Do NOT ever be a Comcast Tech.
Communication Technician (現在は退職) –  Ranson, WV2019年1月31日
I had to resign myself to applying to Comcast because I was let go from an IT contract I had worked on for seven years. I applied, got called, was told one number as compensation and didn't get it in writing, so was forced to accept much lower. Comcast Tech training is absolutely glorious. I enjoyed learning something knew to throw in my IT bag of tricks and my peers in my "class" were awesome. Unfortunately, the training on how to hang drops and how to do fittings and connectors does not prepare one for going in to ungodly and terrible conditions people call their "homes." Mystery stains, surfaces that have not seen a cleaning in years, and crystallized cat urine are a few things you will encounter. Comcast also gives you a "time limit" and expects you to be able to complete insane work requests in forty-five minutes. Your usual day will be comprised of two appointments scheduled from 8-10, two 10-12, at least one 1-3, and at least one 3-5. You will not be given enough time to complete all of these, so you WILL be late to one and this will be held against you. Trying to advance to higher levels is near impossible with the metrics they want you to meet, you WILL start to get frustrated and eventually stop caring about trying to get to the next job.
Discounted services, training
Pay, advancement
このクチコミは役に立ちましたか?はい 8いいえ報告する
社風
I’m very depressed working here
Communications Technician II (在職中) –  Burlingame, CA2019年1月16日
They drive you like a horse and don’t compensate worth the work, lots of hazardous work, they tell us because we get free cable we aren’t compensated what we should get payed. I would rather take the compensation and figure what I want for my services
社風
It’s a paycheck, def not a career.
Communications Field Technician 4 (現在は退職) –  Romeoville, IL2019年1月16日
Pay should be higher for the work you do.
Micromanagement becoming increasingly popular
Defective equipment. Hard to sell a product that doesn’t work
Great benefits
短所
Mandatory OT, micromanage, poor communication between departments
申請されたプロフィール