Department of Veterans Affairsの社員レビュー

3,378 件のレビューを表示
社風
I love my job, just not my coworkers sometimes
Registered Nurse (在職中) –  Nashville, TN2017年12月15日
I love working with the Veterans, but sometimes coworkers or management can make work unbearable. You have to jump through loops to get a pay raise and it seems promotions are done based on who you know and not what you know or how educated you are.
Benefits!
Management, Difficulty with lateral mobilization, Difficulty getting pay raises
program management
Program Specialist (現在は退職) –  Washington, DC2017年12月15日
this was an environment that was completely toxic and I had to move on to satisfy my goals and desire to place myself in a position for growth and progression.
working with other veterans
poor manangement
Really low ceiling
VA Home Loan Guaranty Service - Program Analyst (在職中) –  Washington, DC2017年12月15日
Joined the VA because I thought I could help other veterans. Found out that the culture doesn't really let that happen. Senior leadership has their own ideas because they have to please the leaders down the street at the WH. So instead of developing the business practices needed to actually help veterans, you end up doing work the dumbest way possible and watching people pushing towards retirement.

Not what I really want to do, so I'm on my way out.
Great people in jobs, great pay when you make 12+
terrible management, terrible tech
Dept of va
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Salisbury, NC2017年12月14日
Working at the hospital was a challenge, but rewarding as well. However, I had to relocate because it was time for me to move out of that situation. Overall, had a great experience.
長所
paid time, discounts and military veteran benefits
短所
pay did not match work load
Nurse (在職中) –  New York, NY2017年12月13日
Many opportunities to advance with time. Ability to relocate as well. Nothing else to tell you. If interested look for jobs on USAjobs.Gov. Never regretted working here.
Place is a mess
Incident Manager (現在は退職) –  Arlington, TX2017年12月11日
The contractor tried to save money by cutting back on the work force and the VA admins let them do it until you were no longer able to support the volume and sla requirements.
Good Culture
Supervisory Program Specialist (在職中) –  Minneapolis, MN 554172017年12月11日
The VA works to take care of it's customers and employees. It strives to provide top tier health care to our nation's veterans. As an employee I have felt valued during my time at the VA.
社風
Professional interesting place to work
Housekeeping Aide (在職中) –  Baltimore, MD2017年12月10日
The Federal Government is one of the best jobs in the world. This job can be all you want it to be, especially when it comes to planning a healthy retirement.
長所
The people are Professionals, and take pride, in taking care of the Veterans we serve, everyday 24 hours
社風
Could be a better place to work and grow
Material Handler (現在は退職) –  Loma Linda, CA 923572017年12月09日
Could be a better place to work and grow: People that work their butt off, taking the initiative to fill in the gaps where the need is greater, the dedicated and hard worker does not get his recognition when due, he is not appreciated, he is more so overlooked and taken advantage of. Meaning that Management is impartial to experience and background in the field. A lack of leadership. The staff that are in place do not have the experience to take the department to the next level. Not enough participation in implementing a true training turnover, conducive to new hires and constant refresher training on a regular basis.
no further comment
no further comment
Stressful being Employee and Vet
Telephone Advice Program (TAPS) Operator (現在は退職) –  Columbia, SC2017年12月09日
Conflict of interest at times being a veteran and an employee. Tough to decide weather to stick to the script or tell the truth. Other than that it was a great experience.
Clinical Rotation at the VA
STUDENT NURSE (現在は退職) –  Louisville, KY2017年12月08日
I enjoyed my clinical rotation at the VA. Staff is eager to help and answer any questions. They are enthusiastic about educating patients as well as staff. The most enjoyable part of my time at the VA was working with the patients.
productive
Non Rating Team Coach (現在は退職) –  St. Louis, MO2017年12月08日
A cause that is deserving for the veterans that served these United States and the sacrifice the families made while doing so. it is a company that is well diverse and critical to the well being of our nations veterans.
serving those who served
red tape
社風
Good
Veterans Service Representative (在職中) –  Fredericksburg, VA2017年12月07日
Its a good place for getting started, definitely is what you make of it,. Sometimes you'll be drained from the work load and the clients. however if you work hard you can move up
We work for the Veteran
not answered (在職中) –  Anchorage, AK 995032017年12月07日
Helping Veterans is our main concern. We strive to meet the Veteran where they are. We work together to ensure we do our best for each Veteran we see.
Helping people
Easy to get burned out
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 1報告する
社風
Serving our veterans and their families
PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (在職中) –  Bedford, MA2017年12月07日
I feel the Department of Veterans Affairs Hospital in Bedford Massachusetts does a excellent job at serving our veterans and their family needs. We have a high priority of putting our veterans first. We have a no closed-door policy which allows veterans to get service at any department they enter.
社風
The hardest part of the job...
Advanced Medical Support Assistant GS (現在は退職) –  La Jolla, CA2017年12月06日
The distance and the parking were the only hardest parts of the position. I enjoyed my time learning and training at the VA hospital. There were so many kind people I met and would go back if I could.
Benefits, Pay, Job security
Distance
社風
Being around and working with retired vets.
Program Supervisor/Athletic Director (在職中) –  Jamaica Plain, MA2017年12月06日
I find it very rewarding to work with and around Veterans and retired veterans that have served this country in one form or another. I enjoy the work.
I enjoy what I do.
社風
Worked from Home, great co-workers, lousy management
Business Intelligence Analyst / Report Developer (現在は退職) –  Long Beach, CA2017年12月06日
Working from home and excellent co-workers was definitely the best thing about the job.

Not having any clear direction or SOPs from management was the worst thing.
長所
Worked from Home, great co-workers.
Lousy management
社風
Job with a sense of purpose.
Health Technician (現在は退職) –  Providence, RI2017年12月06日
I enjoyed working for the Department of Veterans Affairs as a way to give back to our nation's veterans. I looked forward to going to work everyday to serve the men and women of the Armed Forces.
Ok place to work
Veterans Educational Claims Examiner (現在は退職) –  St. Louis, MO2017年12月06日
good for some they keep employees that should be fired It is your typical government workplace some woirk others are there not earning their keep'

総合評価