Department of Veterans Affairsの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 4,936 件見つかりました 4,940 件のレビューを見る
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
社風
The job was great but middle management made it difficult
Maintenance Mechanic/Carpenter (現在は退職) –  Syracuse, NY2019年4月23日
I enjoyed working with fellow employees as well as with and for other departments which were our customers. So many days started off waiting around for orders which we already knew. But we still had to wait. Communication is the key to most environments. There seemed to be no since of urgency at times when parts and labor was on hand and ready to go. I do miss so many great employees there.
長所
Co workers made it so rewarding.
Management made it hard.
Not a good place to be
Customer Support Manager (現在は退職) –  North Chicago, IL2019年4月23日
Managers at the location where I worked did not want the best people, they wanted the kiss ups. Leadership had no use for you if they could not control you and would black ball. Management controls what is done within the department. If you don’t play ball with them, they would go out of their way to make you look bad. It’s their world and they know that you cannot not prove how bad life at the va really is, all Department’s should be investigated.
Good benefits
Bad leadership
stressful
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Tucson Arizona2019年4月22日
The VA is very short staffed so everyone is over worked and sometimes things get very stressful, and it may feel like nobody knows what they are doing. The job isnt hard, its just so short handed
長所
benefits
短所
short staffed and over worked
Do Not Work Here
Administrative Assistant (現在は退職) –  Philadelphia, PA2019年4月22日
There are a bunch of ghetto, unprofessional idiots that are supervisors from the Finance, Human Resource,Food Service, EMS, all the way to HAS . They don't have a clue how to run a department, or keep personal feelings out of situations. AFGE Union is unprofessional as well. Nothing is confidential, and they have no power to resolve a situation. It was a waste of money for me. Very hostile, and a lot of employees could care less about the veterans. If you are about business and professionalism, this is not the place for you. You will not blend in with the stupidity and childish behavior.
短所
Hostile work environment, childish co-workers
Challenging and productive
House Keeping Aide (現在は退職) –  West Haven, CT 065162019年4月22日
A typical day consisted of teamwork and comradery. I learned a lot about the healthcare system. The hardest part of the job in my opinion was keeping up with the constant workflow. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was getting to meet new people.
社風
Good Job, but no lateral communications
Clinical Research Monitor (在職中) –  Al2019年4月22日
There is zero chance of advancement, and management does not make an effort to cultivate their staff for advancement. They seem to hold contracting personnel on a pedestal, but do not hold them to the same high standards as the VA employees.
There is no lateral communication on what is happening in various studies, processes. Information is kept like a treasured secret, until there is a problem.
Good benefits
no concept of team work
A good place to work.
Registered Nurse (現在は退職) –  East Orange, NJ2019年4月22日
It is a great learning environment, exposed to a lot of different cultures. Flexible working hours. Great benefits and co-workers with competitive salaries.
Fast paced
Maintenance Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Cape Coral, FL2019年4月22日
The job itself was exciting and interesting. I was not always tied to my office and I often went out to our Southern Community Based Clinics, Located in Port Charlotte, Naples and Sebring for maintenance and repairs. I also maintained the irrigation and grounds for our nearly 40 acre site.
I did not leave due to money or the work itself. My direct manager and those above him placed undue stress on myself and my staff.
Paid Vacations
Limited Advancement
RN Care Coordinator Home Telehealth (現在は退職) –  East Orange, NJ2019年4月21日
I have been with the VA for almost 9 years from DC to NJ i have always has supportive supervisors and great jobs benefits are great
Woyld i recommend it as a place to work i say yes the benefits are great compatible with the private sector
Remote schedule
短所
More educational trainings for staff
社風
As a health team we learned and a lot and did a lot for the patients
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Nashville, TN2019年4月19日
It is a very hard to keep up with the ever changing climate of the VA, but in the end it was very rewarding for our health care team, the patients and their families, It makes our services better.
長所
Health benefits and time off.
Ever stressful
cool place to work
Housekeeping Aid (在職中) –  Hampton, VA 236652019年4月19日
meet lots of people. Work with and help veterans. The job was pretty demanding. It kept me humbled because some of the veterans were bound to a wheelchair for the rest of their lives.
always something to do
短所
not everyone is a team player
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 4いいえ報告する
Physician Assistant Orthopedics (現在は退職) –  Tucson, AZ 857232019年4月19日
No such thing as a typical day of work.

Our wonderful patients made every day an awesome adventure.

My time at the VA was very rewarding and enjoyable.
長所
GREAT ENVIRONMENT AND PEOPLE TO WORK WITH . VERY CARING /COMPASSIONATE TOWARDS THEIR PATIENT
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Bad management in SC and NY
Staff Chaplain (在職中) –  Bronx, NY2019年4月19日
I experienced the VA in Central Alabama and Bronx NY. Senior management in both seem to defend toxic leadership and do not protect employees. I have witnessed employees mistreat Veterans in Central Alabama. If you want a safe work environment choose another employer.
Comradery with Veterans and Employees
短所
Toxic leaders are not disciplined or fired
Deeply Scientific and entertaining
Supervisor Microbiology Department (現在は退職) –  Los Angeles, California2019年4月19日
Working at the VA Hospital for 22 yrs has been an adventure in terms of scientific growth, not to mention great benefits and camaraderie among all level of professionals.
Great marginal benefits
短所
They expect you to retire after only 30 years of service.
Enjoyed Working at VA.
Program Support Assistant GS (現在は退職) –  Dallas, TX 752162019年4月18日
Great place to work if you like to serve a cause greater than yourself. Some bad management and bad attitudes, but many employees who truly want to serve our veterans and their families. Many job opportunities for veterans. Locations are often in run down or rough neighborhoods.
Benefits and Hours
Locations
Overworked
Supervisor, GS-8, VA Community Care (在職中) –  West Palm Beach, FL2019年4月17日
Overworked
Unappreciated
Lack of knowledge
Great staff
Staff doesn't work together due to lack of space
Can't telework
Insufficient equipment to complete the job
Staff and co-workers
短所
Location, equipment, support, upper management
社風
Satisfying Job helping veterans with challenges find employment
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (現在は退職) –  Iron Mountain, MI 498012019年4月17日
My job was to find employment for veterans with severe emotional challenges. I was able to build bridges for these veterans and it was very satisfying to see them succeed.

It was a new sub-department for the Marquette office, but only allowed 24 hours per week. I found that the job required more hours to effectively help the veterans I was assigned to work with.
長所
Bonds of friendship with veterans working to common goal
短所
Too few hours in work week.
DO Not Work at the VA
PSA (現在は退職) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA2019年4月17日
I am a Marine Corps veteran. I graduated from UC Berkeley & I have an MBA. I work in homeless services and it helped to house hundreds of veterans in my area. The VA offers zero opportunity for advancement. Advancement is handled by nepotism and insider trading with HR. Management is both incompetent and untrained, bullying and abusive to staff. Human Resources is corrupt and incompetent. The step and grade pay system traps you no matter how much education and training you get to make yourself promotable, and unless you know somebody, it's unlikely you will get hired even if you are far more skilled and educated than the other applicants. There is a undeniable level of corruption, and you will be asked and tasked to work far more than you are being compensated for, and management will turn on you despite your track record and how much you have done for the organization. I say this from the depth of my heart. I have met wonderful people at the VA, but it is probably the worst government organization to work for. Do not waste your time. And I am a veteran and very invested the quality of medical treatment available, but it would be out of Integrity for me not warn anyone away from working here. The employees are angry at the VA, bitterness and resentment throughout the organisational culture, and there are plenty of people who should have been fired long ago but maintain their jobs indefinitely b/c management is too lazy and afraid to take action. The VA offers very poor benefits, and if you get hurt, you can't apply for state disability as a federal employee....
Lots of Leave
短所
Corruption, Abuse, Nepotism, HR, Terrible Pay, No advancement, Untrained management
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 10いいえ報告する
Unqualified promotions management only cares about their next promotion2
Patient Accounts Management Clerk (現在は退職) –  Madison, WI2019年4月16日
This is quite possibly the bottom of the barrel as far as Government work goes where people only care about their numbers and their promotions. Mundane is a way of life. You will feel like a Target is on your back everyday... this is only for those working at NCCpac
Federal benefits are awesome
短所
You cannot show that you're better than the next
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ報告する
Employment Coordinator (在職中) –  Washington, DC2019年4月16日
Good Job Work/Like Balance while working at Department of Veteran Affairs, Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment while servicing as Employment Coordinator
Good Co-workers