Department of Veterans Affairsの社員レビュー

4,583 件のレビューを表示
Government Job
Study Coordinator (現在は退職) –  Los Angeles, CA2018年10月18日
While the department I worked at is no longer there, it was a good place to work . It was my first job out of college and I really didn't know any better.
free lunches
社風
Great place to work when you're thinking about retirement
ICU Registered Nurse (在職中) –  Los Angeles, CA2018年10月18日
Although the transition to practice residency gave me a great foundation, working in the critical care department, I feel that as a veteran GLA should work harder to give comprehensive physical and mental health care to both veterans and employees.
nice retirement package
poor culture
No issues
Health Technician/Clinical Coordinator (現在は退職) –  Tacoma, WA2018年10月18日
I have nothing to say about this position. It was a great job. And I love the VA. I want to say that they are good organization with great benefits.
Veterans Affairs
Basic Contact Representative (現在は退職) –  Waco, TX2018年10月17日
My time with the VA was short because I had some medical problems going on at the time and I didn't have enough time off to address the issues so I was only able to work for a couple months before I had to resign.
Very political ran.
Food Service Worker (在職中) –  Dallas, TX2018年10月17日
Human Resources is rigged. They don’t hire qualified individuals for positions. They hire whomever they want including family members. Staff who are not veterans treat the veteran patients badly.
Leave
Politically ran. Human Resources is rigged! Especially at the Dallas VA
Stable
SUPERVISORY BUDGET ANALYST (在職中) –  Los Angeles, CA2018年10月17日
Great benefits and stable work environment. I enjoy having the time to spend with my family. The VA also promotes learning. I would work here until I retired if I could.
Phlebotomist (Medical Technician) (現在は退職) –  Salt Lake City, UT2018年10月16日
Overall a great place to work. Change happens very slow, but if you are looking for a secure job the VA system will provide this. This allows you to focus on your work. Also, you are helping veterans which can be satisfying.
Fast paced and stressful
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Casa Grande, AZ2018年10月16日
Great team, decent management but you are expected to complete so much and not given the resources to complete the task. You are often given the job that should be split into 2 positions. Very stressful and always fast paced. Very fast burn out rate.
長所
Great benefits, decent pay, weekends off
Stressful, fast paced, expected to do job of 2
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
Va Review Summary
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (在職中) –  Salt Lake City, UT2018年10月16日
The DVA is a great place to work with many rewarding opportunities to give back to the Veterans who served us. While it can be stressful as a clerk taking the brunt of all complaints and attitude, I still find it rewarding. I love being able to wake up and make a difference in the lives to who gave and sacrificed for us as a nation.

The bad: Poor management: Leadership is willing to listen to issues/concerns, but do not act upon it to help and move forward with progression in those complaints/issues. Understaffed: Working short hours to get a ton of things done on top of clerical duties, with nobody being hired to help share the load and become a team instead of us just becoming individuals and becoming the I in team.

Overall, My experience as a Vet working for the VA has been rewarding and a growing/learning experience shifting from Active duty to civilian lifestyle. Just the bad outweighs the good here unfortunately.
Rewarding
Poor Management / Lack of Progress with changes
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
社風
poor management but a great place to work with co-workers and benefits
Imaging Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Marion, VA2018年10月16日
management was poor and expected you to do more than your job title. Asked to do things that were immoral and lie about concrete numbers. Job was very fulfilling and co-worker team was great. Management expected more than was reasonable in an 8 hour day. On-call 24/7 with no back up.
co-workers
management
Wow
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (現在は退職) –  Jackson, MS2018年10月15日
Pay was low i felt over used for stiff that was not protatining to me bit people whwere htere to help in time of need i ;ove to hate this place it great to be there but i was not enough pay
社風
Great place for veterans to work
Administrative Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Cape Coral, FL2018年10月15日
A typical day at work was sometimes slow, other times very busy worked with leadership, weekly meetings, clinic scheduling, and offer support to providers.
長所
Comrade, work with variety of people
短所
poor management, lack of accountability
Veterans Health Administration
Audio Visual Specialist (現在は退職) –  Washington, DC2018年10月15日
I do not intend to ever work for that organization ever again. The micro-management and multiple meetings per day hindered my work progress. The senior management were more concerned with their own public appearance than to actually help Veterans.
N/A
Culture, mamagement
社風
Not enough work to do, would find things to do to keep busy
Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Brockton, MA2018年10月14日
I love serving the Veteran's, however my position as a Medical Support Assistant was not very demanding and I am not challenged enough. Would prefer a career where I am constantly learning and kept busy.
Detailed originated
Program Support Assistant- CPAC (在職中) –  Smyrna, TN2018年10月13日
Must pay close attention to details . Veterans depend on the hard working veterans to ensure the accuracy of their medical accounts. Veterans have given so much to so many.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 2報告する
社風
Awesome people trying to do the best for veterans
LPN/Phlebotomist (現在は退職) –  Cambridge, OH2018年10月13日
It is unfortunate that the media portrays the VA in such a negative way by only reporting part of the story or what may seem bad, just to get ratings. What the VA does well is care for the veteran culture group better than anyone else will ever be able to do.
社風
summary
Nurse Practitioner (現在は退職) –  Los Angeles, CA2018年10月13日
horrible work environment very transactional leadership best part of job working with the veterans needs overhaul very punitive environment this is the entire organization.
lack of leadership
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
OK to work here
Veteran's Affairs, Office of General Counsel (在職中) –  Portland, OR2018年10月12日
This is an ok place to work. You have to be kind of agile and able to deal with change. This agency is a pawn of politicians at all times, so things are frequently chaotic.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Learning and useful.
Housekeeper Aide (現在は退職) –  Loma Linda, CA2018年10月12日
Very a Good Place to work, meet new friends. Most of learning more of Life /History. But this is the place I have worked. So far I like it. Sometime hardest part of the job, is driving to work where live I traveled 800 miles round and then when road is closed, I would have to travel a different route to go to it takes a 1/2 - 1 hour longer both work and home. I wish that VA had a Van or Bus transportation service for the workers who live this distance from work. We would be tired, stressed, from traffic going both work/home.
productive and satisfying workplace
Lead Technician (在職中) –  Houston, TX2018年10月11日
productive and satisfying workplace with a lack of support from management. Friendly staff to work with and a great place to take care of our veterans
長所
Get to take care of our veterans that serve our country
短所
poor management and not competitive salary
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する