Department of Veterans Affairsの社員レビュー

4,120 件のレビューを表示
社風
I loved it. You were told what the functions of the position entailed; it was expected that you perform the functions.
Program Assistant (現在は退職) –  Washington, DC2018年7月20日
I enjoyed the independent work environment and working directly with managers and scientists. The pay was good for a contract position and you worked well with manager of your program.
長所
Rewarding work environment; expectations were high from managers.
短所
contract position; and insecure managers, uncomfortable with making decisions.
My career at Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Licensed Practical Nurse (現在は退職) –  Tampa, FL2018年7月20日
Enjoyed my 27.5 year career
Best employer I have worked for
5 stars for Dept. of Veterans
VA provides opportunities for advancements with education reimbursement .
Great people
Telemetry Technician (現在は退職) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018年7月20日
Absolutely love working here and hope to transfer with in the va in my new location. If I didn't have to move I wouldn't leave where I am. The benefits are amazing.
長所
Benefits
短所
Some of the regulations
Great staff when I started
Administrative Associate-Logistics (現在は退職) –  Providence, RI2018年7月19日
I became ill on the job due to environmental issues and job stress.

I received fully satisfactory or better job appraisals every year
and was also noted as being very helpful to patients and visitors at
the medical center.
no comment
no comment
Federal employee
VETERAN SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (在職中) –  West Palm Beach, FL2018年7月19日
Process claims in the work queue, solving Veteran's claims ensuring quality assurance and regulations are followed for Rating criteria. It is stable job with great benefits but I also looking to grow in career along with my education.
Work in Comfortable Environment
Upward Mobility
Working for LEIDOS at the VA
Project Manager (現在は退職) –  Austin, TX2018年7月19日
I liked my job. Many VA FTEs look down on contractors. It is a very unstable environment. Contractor management were not good to employees. I was allowed to use my SSBB
Max 40 hour work week
Lack of job stability
Department of Veterans Affairs
Telecommunications Specialist / GS (在職中) –  Washington, DC2018年7月19日
A great place to work and staff is so involved. Hard to get in if you are not a Vet. Everyone on the Team are very helpful and wanted to make sure I understood the companies policies and what is asked of me.
社風
Think twice before you accept...
Nurse (現在は退職) –  Fayetteville, NC2018年7月18日
Facility strictly shows favoritism no matter what the situation maybe. Advancement is out the question. Work environment is extremely stressful and hostile . HUman resource is not a resource at all. There's no structured environment .
長所
Benefits
短所
Nursing services management is the worst hospital wide
社風
great to be amongst veterans
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Decatur, GA2018年7月18日
The pay isn't that great. My commute is pretty extensive. Other co workers don't like doing their job. The HR department isn't useful. I would like to get a bonus instead of the superiors getting them all the time.
great co workers
短所
can get overwhelming at times and the pay doesnt accomodate for it.
Chief, Viluntary Service (現在は退職) –  Jackson, MS2018年7月18日
The VA was more than a job. I had the honor to serve Veterans. I learned managerial skills, interviewing skills; served on many committees to interview the Chief of /Staff and Associate Medical Director; served on Joint Commission Committees; served on Hurricane Katrina committee whereby I provided daily transportation for Veterans and their families while at the Jackson VA; was responsible for training of volunteers and employees on Privacy, Ethics, patient care and other assignments given by the director. Organized special events for the entire medical center, such as Veterans Day Parades, National Salute programs and annual Christmas Tree
Serving veterans
社風
Productive work for military and vets
Associate Assistant to the Secretary (現在は退職) –  Raleigh, NC2018年7月18日
Because of the relative new department under staffing was an issue straining the work load on the few that was there. Contract workers were not asked back after the elections. Enjoyed working with the Secretary, Office of the Governor to organize better policies for veterans, service members and families. Truly an honor to serve.
長所
Working with a great team, working with veterans, work culture
poor staffing priorities
OEF/OIF Case Manager (在職中) –  New Orleans, LA2018年7月18日
Many people have been there too long and set in their ways. Friendships over ride qualifications. I loved my job and working with Veterans, most difficult part was management.
Working with Veterans
managment needs to change
Toxic
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (FEDERAL) (現在は退職) –  Wilmington, NC2018年7月18日
I did not enjoy my time at this agency. The work environment and coworkers were very toxic. Morale is very low and there is very little opprotunity to move forward.
very unorganized, poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (現在は退職) –  Salisbury, NC2018年7月17日
I worked at the Veteran Home for 7 months, the employees was very friendly.. the management is HORRIBLE.. it’s your word against everyone, don’t care about the employees especially cna’s.
Working with the veterans
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 4いいえ報告する
社風
Nice place to work takes a long time for a position to open
Intern (在職中) –  Winston-Salem, NC2018年7月17日
I am interning here in a finance department. Coworkers are really helpful and great at training. Flexible on work hours and telecommuting is an option once your full time. The bad part is it can take months for a position to open up and the application process is long and tedious
社風
Healthcare for Homeless Veterans Case Manager (現在は退職) –  Wilmington, DE2018年7月17日
Each day something was learned to assist veterans on a daily basis. This was informative and refreshing from not dealing with the same problem for each veteran.
Gratifying Work Helping Veterans
Pharmacy Customer Care Representative (現在は退職) –  Waco, TX2018年7月17日
I enjoyed my job at the VA, since I was constantly helping Veterans with their questions, and helping them get what medications they needed. Interacting with them occasionally was really good, being a Veteran myself.
Time Off and Holidays
短所
Some Management was difficult but not that bad
社風
Very productive and kept busy with work
Motor Vehicle Operator (在職中) –  Martinez, CA2018年7月17日
Work all day from driving vehicles and maintenance various vehicles. I learned to operate various vehicles from 9 to 44 passengers buses. Everyone worked in harmony and respectful.
Good benefits
Limited promotion
communication
System Administrator (在職中) –  Great Lakes, IL2018年7月17日
Lack of communication between departments. Bureaucratic environment makes tasks incredibly hard to get accomplished in a timely manner. Issues that are brought up are not addressed fully.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Best job I've had
Office Assistant (現在は退職) –  Washington, DC2018年7月17日
I miss the stability in working for the government felt like. especially that division, helping a cause that meant a lot to the well being of people period.
People/Staff members, benefits