Department of Veterans AffairsのCustomer Service Representativeポジションの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 161 件見つかりました 4,934 件のレビューを見る
New employee; New career
Ratings Veteran Service Representative (GS-09) (在職中) –  Jackson, MS 392162019年4月01日
This is a challenging new career for me. I look forward to helping Veterans. I do not like that this is a production based job. Our pay raises are based on our production.
Flexibility after completing training
短所
This is a production based job.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 4いいえ報告する
Supervisory Veterans Service Representative (在職中) –  San Diego, CA2019年3月24日
As a whole, the Department of Veterans Affairs is a good place to work. It offers great benefits, great time off, and provides good job security, but the job has become more and more stressful. Upper management has too many meetings, and doesn't allow supervisors enough opportunity to put an action plan into place. I am looking to relocate and see this an ample opportunity to make a much needed change, after 11 years.
Listed above
Listed above
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Va
Veteran Service Representative (在職中) –  Los Angeles, CA2019年3月15日
VA is a difficult job stressful constant change.Often times laws change quickly hard to keep up . Data entry difficult and quality is overrated. Hard job and easy to get fired.
money
stressfull
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Serving Veterans
Veteran's Service Representative (在職中) –  Saint Paul, MN2019年2月21日
As a Veteran myself I find it extremely rewarding to work for VA to serve Veterans needs for both compensation and Health Care. The job is both challenging an rewarding.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ 3報告する
Work environment
Rating Veteran Service Representative (在職中) –  Portland, OR2019年2月19日
The work environment is production driven. Neither the employee nor the customer matter as long as the correct amount of work is being performed every two weeks. If a veteran or new employee misses the production requirement for one two week period, the employee may be terminated. This policy is regardless of how many successful two week periods the employee accomplished throughout the year or years of service with the VBA.
great pay/benefits
everything else
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ報告する
Very Stressful and poor management
Veterans Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Minneapolis, MN 554152019年2月12日
The title says it all. The VA is very poorly managed and the jobs are very high stressed. The VA is all about numbers, quotas, and stats. I would not recommend the VA to anybody except to get your foot in the door for federal employment.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 6いいえ 1報告する
Nothing to say
Rating Veterans Service Rep (Federal job) (現在は退職) –  Salem, NC2019年2月05日
Working at the VA is very stressful, required work increases without warning. If you make your production numbers your managers want you to do more. I was 10% over production and was told I needed to get more done
flexible schedule
everything else
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ報告する
社風
Not for individuals who think logically
Rating Veterans Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Philadelphia, PA 191442019年2月03日
After the first six months at the VA, I knew I needed to leave. The employees were all miserable and extremely stressed out. The management was so incompetent (I worked in two offices and neither was able to manage the workload properly), that the system never ran smoothly. There is no cooperation or collaboration since everyone, including managers, are so concerned with their own job safety that it made everyone dishonest, deceitful, and depressed. The VA is a fear-based environment. I would not recommend this agency unless you are absolutely desperate for employment. It has consistently been rated one of the worst federal agencies for decades.
see review above...
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 9いいえ報告する
社風
Times are changing and it seems the focus is being lost
Veteran Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Philadelphia, PA2019年1月26日
The changes to the system and processing model in the last 6 months has made the job very stressful. It seems that upper management is more concerned with system processing than actually helping the Veterans and their families. They are trying to fit a Pension Processing structure into a Compensation system and do see that it is not working efficiently. As Pension is numbers driven whereas Compensation is illness (rating) driven.
VBA - Flexible hours/schedules, Work from home capabilities
Too Many to list
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 4いいえ報告する
Appointments and Claims Rep
Customer Service Support (現在は退職) –  Saint Augustine, FL 320862019年1月10日
Provide customer service support to St Augustine based Veterans, for medical appointment schedule, medication refill status, and referral/consult status. Proficient in medical communication and new office technologies that apply to those in the health field; Managed the laboratory and prescription entry into the VA medical health record system.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
社風
It was a good place to gain experience
Veterans Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Orange, CA2018年12月11日
The Department of Veterans Affairs does a lot to help out veterans in need. I worked there part-time while attending school to augment my G.I Bill pay. They treated me very well, and the workload was manageable. If I ever needed time off for anything important, it was granted.
Flexible, Fast-paced, good co-workers
Pay
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
社風
You're reeled in... only to realize you've been attacked by a SHARK!!
Veterans Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Columbia, SC2018年12月10日
You'll go to Baltimore for a 6 week training course. It's a great time and the instructors are good. Sometimes you know what type of claims you'll be working (at the VARO back home) when you get to school and sometimes not. Once training is over, you work claims with a "mentor", but that person is on production also. The managers don't allow much time for them to assist you. As a claims worker, Washington DC sends down unrealistic production requirements and expectations. The VA spends all of this money to send you to school, but then uses "accountability", a word that is used as a scare tactic. If you miss making the "standards", you live in a panic wondering whether or not you'll get terminated. This is no way to function or live. The VA loses good workers daily due to the stress of this job as they try to adhere to a far reaching standard. It gives the impression that the VA only cares about numbers and not veterans.
Helping veterans
短所
Stress, management not always helpful, no "Team" environment, CONSTANT MANDATORY OVERTIME
Great work enviroment
Veterans Service Representative (在職中) –  Louisville, KY2018年12月08日
Over 5 years I worked my way up through the Department of Veterans Affairs. I have volunteered and been nominated to work special assignments, with great success. I have continued to excel through additional challenges. Hardest part of my job is not being able to effectively help Veterans the way I would like to. In the last year the environment has become less than favorable. With the overhaul within the department and National leadership over the Veterans experience.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 6いいえ 1報告する
Pharmacy Customer Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Fort Riley, KS2018年11月19日
My year working with the VA was stressful for me. Many of the Vets are hard to work with due to the medications they were on or their age. A lot of computer skill are or were needed for this job.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 6いいえ 2報告する
社風
Fast Paced but relaxed in a way
Customer Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Clarksville, TN2018年11月07日
Loved working with my crew because we were so focused on our job and helping our customers. You do have veterans that come in very angry wanting their benefits but as long as you show some effort they will be nicer towards you.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 8いいえ 1報告する
Toxic
Customer Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Iowa city2018年11月05日
I have no idea who is putting the good reviews here but if you enjoy being attacked by the supervisors whom are terrible at thier jobs then this is the place for you. Google VA Hospital toxic work environment and employees anonymously give true and accurate reviews of the work culture. No training. Employees are miserable and make sure you are also. I feel sorry for the vets. All the good employees eventually leave.
Toxic
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 14いいえ報告する
Extremely stressful
Rating Veterans Service Representative (在職中) –  Jackson, MS2018年11月03日
While pay is good not worth the stress. Love what I do which is serve Veterans however meeting numbers seem to matter most to Washington vs Vets. and employees. Standards are absurd have to work through my breaks and lunch just to try to meet my transactions while worrying about quality which is at times based on somebody else’s interpretation of the law from which we get dinged on errors. I despise the structure. Know of three of my co workers who had strokes bcs of the stress that comes with this job. Not worth the pay.
Leave
短所
Extremely stressful with absurd standards
Don't even consider it
Veterans Service Representative (在職中) –  Saint Paul, MN2018年11月02日
Typical government job; VERY unorganized, valuable training is non-existent, the only motivation to come into work everyday is a paycheck and not to get fired..
Pay, Benefits
Literally everything else
fun
Customer Service (在職中) –  Daytona Beach, FL2018年11月01日
helping VA students get certified as a veteran student. this is just for students only. also just for veterans only . the management is great its a nice job.
free lunch
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
Work environment
Rating Veterans service representative (現在は退職) –  Saint Petersburg, FL2018年10月21日
Management switch often. Not consistent with laws and rules and reviewing your work production. Some felt as if they were on a island by themselves. No team work. Numbers more important than the health of employees.
Benefits was great.
短所
Work environment wasn't healthy.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 6いいえ報告する