Department of Veterans AffairsのLicensed Practical Nurseポジションの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 127 件見つかりました 4,934 件のレビューを見る
社風
Working at VA has been an awesome experience. There's so much to learn as well as serve our veterans whom have made the ultimate sacrifice.
LPN (現在は退職) –  Birmingham, AL2019年3月24日
Working at VA is very rewarding. There possibility of promotions are great. VA encourages professional and personal growth. Our staff members are compassionate and supportive. Just knowing that I am delivering the best care to the nations heroes that have sacrificed their life and family life to protect and serve makes me feel honored.
長所
Retirement, health benefits, competitive pay grades, tuition reimbursement, flexible staffing
Fast paced
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ 1報告する
Not African Americans friendly; doesn't promote growth for African Americans
LPN Staff Nurse (在職中) –  St. Louis, MO2019年3月01日
This institution is a joke. They put programs out there as bait to reel you in, but once you take advantage of them, they make it impossible for you to utilize it! They refuse to work with your schedule. In the end, all I and others wanted is to grow and better serve the Veterans of this country.
health care and pension
短所
employee programs, management, and HR/Management/Employee communication relations
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 16いいえ 3報告する
Loved it!
Licensed Practical Nurse (現在は退職) –  Marion, IL2019年1月02日
I absolutely LOVED working here. Working with veterans has been a passion of mine for a very long time. There is a long line of vets in my family and being able to give back to them was very rewarding. Unfortunately, I had to move abruptly and was unable to reach an agreement with my manager prior to me leaving. Hopefully, I will be able to return to the VA in my state to continue working in the setting I love.
VETERANS!, benefits, pay
Long wait to move from LPN to RN once licensed
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ報告する
社風
Great place to work if you're an RN, LPN, forget it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (在職中) –  Prescott, AZ2018年12月07日
Love the work, the Veterans but have yet to see a raise in 10 years or more. Leadership will lie about giving a raise and the salary surveys that were suppose to have been done. Total lack of respect for the LPNs yet we are worked just as hard as the RN's. Nurse Practitioners, PA's and Police are all in the same boat. They preach respect yet give none.
長所
The people we serve, benefits we can pay for
disrespect
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 16いいえ 3報告する
LPN (現在は退職) –  Durham, NC2018年11月10日
As long as you allow the management to keep you in a PLANTATION state of mind then you will make it there. Very toxic place to work. It is not worth the headache and low pay.
長所
Working with the Vets and going home to normalcy at the end of your shift.
MANAGEMENT, Upper, Middle and Lower
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 14いいえ 2報告する
社風
Working at the Veteran Administration was the most rewarding of all my positions as an LPN. Serving our veterans gave me a pride in my work
Licensed Practical Nurse (現在は退職) –  Evansville, IN2018年10月28日
I would still be working at the Veteran's Administration if they offered part-time work. I was having some health problems in 2015-2016 that led to my retirement. The work is very rewarding most of the time. A veteran may become upset very easily due to PTSA for TBA (traumatic brain injury). It takes a patient and caring nurse to be able to defuse a situation.
長所
No Weekends, Holidays, or nights. Also receive the federal holidays as well. Tuition reimbursement.
短所
The VA in Evansville is micromanaged by the VA in Marion, Illinois. There is a problem with communication at times.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 7いいえ 1報告する
社風
Awesome people trying to do the best for veterans
LPN/Phlebotomist (現在は退職) –  Cambridge, OH2018年10月13日
It is unfortunate that the media portrays the VA in such a negative way by only reporting part of the story or what may seem bad, just to get ratings. What the VA does well is care for the veteran culture group better than anyone else will ever be able to do.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 6いいえ 1報告する
社風
Room for improvement on work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (現在は退職) –  Charleston, SC2018年9月06日
Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth. Good place to start or end a variety of careers. Challenges are available. Traveling is encouraged.
長所
Great income, friendship potentials, retirement made easy
短所
Very stressful at times, fast paced
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ 3報告する
Wonderful place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (在職中) –  Portland, OR2018年8月27日
It's an honor to serve and care for our veterans. I come home from work on a daily basis, even if it has been a difficult day, feeling good about serving our veterans who served us and our country. There is always a staff member available to help others in any given situation and the VA is amazing in regards to training.
長所
Supportive departments and nursing staff
Short breaks
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 7いいえ報告する
My career at Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Licensed Practical Nurse (現在は退職) –  Tampa, FL2018年7月20日
Enjoyed my 27.5 year career
Best employer I have worked for
5 stars for Dept. of Veterans
VA provides opportunities for advancements with education reimbursement .
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 10いいえ 2報告する
Fast paced
Specialty LPN (現在は退職) –  Rockford, IL2018年7月11日
The Vets are awesome to work with. Coworkers awesome. Management played favoritism. I quit because of the whole atmosphere. It’s not a positive place to work.
Schedule
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 14いいえ報告する
社風
I enjoyed working at the WBVAMC
Licensed Practical Nurse (現在は退職) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA2018年7月10日
I enjoyed my job at the WBVAMC but unfortunately I was going to school full time and there is no opportunity to work part time at this facility. Due to this I had to resign as a PACT LPN and find a job outside of the VA to work part time or per diem to further my career.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 10いいえ 1報告する
patient focused care
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (現在は退職) –  Decorah, IA2018年7月02日
high paced job. Work is challenging. THe best government job I have had. Totally focused on quality care to veterans. Work environment was awesome.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 8いいえ報告する
Veteran care
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (現在は退職) –  Prescott, AZ2018年6月13日
Team leader on CLC2 mid shift. Loved every aspect of my job, the staff, most of all the Veterans. We were expected to do more with less , ie, equipment, staff, supplies at times. No raises for LPNs in over 10 years..just the ordinary cola yearly. LPNs did the same job as RNs and never got a raise or even a pat on the back. Poor management.
長所
Veterans and great staff...nurses, cnas
Management no
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 7いいえ報告する
lpn
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (現在は退職) –  Cheyenne, WY2018年6月06日
wish is I still worked there I miss fort collins colorado clinic. I loved the patients there the hardest part of the Job back than the management that worked there would not approve our vacation days off we had to fight for it it may have changed
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Great pay for no life.
Licensed Practical Nurse (在職中) –  Canandaigua, NY2018年6月04日
The Department of Veterans affairs is a federal job that demands a lot. You work multiple shifts with hardly no weekends off. If you are the low man on the seniority pole you can forget about a vacation or transfer opportunities. I have been an employee now for 5 months and i feel i have made a mistake accepting the nursing job i am now currently doing.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 24いいえ 2報告する
Poor management
LPN (現在は退職) –  Augusta, GA 309042018年5月15日
My most enjoyable moments were taking care of the veterans the worst part was poor management and the coroption of the va system down south if I would have stayed out west I may have not resigned ,
LOVED TAKING CARE OF VETS AFTER 14 YRS
POOR MANAGEMENT
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 21いいえ報告する
Productive... Good learning environment
LPN (現在は退職) –  Philadelphia, PA2018年4月25日
Overall it was a good experience.. It was good for job longevity, however the management can use some improvements... The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and helpful... Other diciplines were kind and courteous... A really caring environment.
Definitely a good place for our veterans.. I walked away with a lot from my time with the Vetrans Affairs and will forever be grateful
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 18いいえ報告する
nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (現在は退職) –  Wilmington, DE2018年4月24日
I worked on Med-Surgical floor. Some days could be stressful. I loved administering care and treatment to the patients. The hardest time was to see those that served have to deal with PTSD.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 11いいえ 2報告する
interesting place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (現在は退職) –  Danville, IL2018年4月02日
enjoyed working with the veterens. It was in extended care and on the Psych ward. I was impressed with the updated technology that was used. They had a good med pass system. Everything was barcoded.
長所
enjoyed working with the veterans
no cons