Department of Veterans AffairsのMedical Support Assistantポジションの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 327 件見つかりました 4,943 件のレビューを見る
社風
As a health team we learned and a lot and did a lot for the patients
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Nashville, TN2019年4月19日
It is a very hard to keep up with the ever changing climate of the VA, but in the end it was very rewarding for our health care team, the patients and their families, It makes our services better.
長所
Health benefits and time off.
Ever stressful
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
社風
Don't apply for a MSA position
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Lyons, NJ2019年4月14日
My biggest mistake was when I accept a MSA position with the VA, which is a Medical Support Assistant (MSA). The job consist of scheduling medical appointments for veterans, and resolving their complaints and issues regarding medical treatment. I was throw in the Audiology department a month after I started with minimum training without assistance. The phone ring consistantly with veterans complaining about their hearing aids. The vets had to wait nearly three months to get a hearing test because there was only two hearing booths. The audiologists I worked with was burned out mentally and one of them was very miserable and had the biggest attitude. I was not given a break until months later after numerous of complaints. The vets alway went to patient advocate because their hearing appointments were canceled when the doctors were out, and when that happen it felled on me because I had to reschedule their appointments. Management was the worst because they expected you to keep quiet and just do the work.That was the most dysfunctional working environment I ever worked at. I'm sure other departments was much better than the Medical Administration department. It's a revolving door for MSA because people don't want to stay in that position for long. FYI- you are also put on a one year probation period with all federal jobs, so if they feel you are not a good fit management will propose to have you terminated. I resigned due to the working conditions and negative atmosphere, and the greatest part is that I found a new job.
長所
Credit union, pension, education scholarship
短所
Lack of communication and accountability, immature co workers, dissatisfied vets.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 7いいえ 1報告する
社風
Productive and Fun place to work
ADVANCE MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (在職中) –  Reserve, LA2019年4月14日
As a veteran of the US Army I'm able to help my fellow veterans with any medical concerns they might have. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make sure the veterans are happy.
長所
work monday thru friday weekends off
short lunch breaks
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Va
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Martinez, CA2019年4月14日
I loved working with the veterans. Days were pretty predictable and I didnt like that. But I met a lot of amazing people. My drive was always long because of the traffic, but I got more pay due to the area I worked at.
helping veterans
短所
long drive and not great supervision
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
Always something interesting everyday
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Dallas, TX2019年4月12日
My day in my clinic starts off by logging on to all my systems I use throughout the day, all day I answer phones to make appts, cancel appts ,take messages, ect.. When vets present to my desk, I normally check them into an appt or checki them out of appt, when I check them out I will schedule the follow up appt with is the next visit back. And if permitted I will complete a travel voucher for the patient if they are eligble . When I answer the phones I will put in a message to dr in detail what the pt is needing to talk to pc about. If a pt comes in as a walk in, I will alert the nurse and add pt to same day clinic
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ報告する
workplace culture
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Cleveland, OH2019年4月09日
Management was not there for the vets they were there for their own selfish reasons. It starts at the top if the mangers don´t know the job then what can you expect from the employees.
Bad place to work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  North Dakota2019年4月08日
Very poor upper management. No clue how to train new and older associates. Very stressful to work for them. 99.9% of the time you take your issues from this job home with you. If you do get work for them don't join a really weak union. They seem to work hand and hand with the VA's upper management.
Holidays off
management
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 6いいえ 2報告する
社風
lack of growth unless you know the right people
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Boston, MA2019年4月07日
a typical day, all day in a call center, answers calls and assist the caller to best ability.
learned a lot about health care.
management, some good some are bad
ok culture, limited, we work from home
going to the office, would rather work from home
working from home.
working remotely, home office
短所
lack of advancement, pay never goes p, but the tasks do.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ 1報告する
社風
the hardest part of the job
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Lexington, KY2019年4月03日
The typical day at work is updating patient demographics into the computer system, answering and making phone calls. There is a diversity of employees. The most enjoyable is taking care of the veterans.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ 1報告する
Great opportunity
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Hampton, VA2019年3月29日
Office of Community Care is a great opportunity for employment. I love working here! The management and location was great! The atmosphere was very positive and they promote in the VA.
長所
Great work environment, team concept
Short 30 minute lunch
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ報告する
enjoyable place to work
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Cape Coral, FL 339092019年3月26日
I enjoy working for this company serving veterans. Each day is a new challenge. On a daily basis I have face to face interaction and phone conversations with veterans. It is a business casual environment 99% of the time with the occasional relaxed day. the most difficult part of the job is not taking the vet's frustration to heart. Sometimes they have been through a lot and get frustrated when they can't talk to their doctor ASAP. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the vet's go home with a smile on their face.
Vocational Rehabilitation
Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Loma Linda, CA2019年3月25日
I was able to work at the VA for three years while completing my BA under the Voc Rehab program.
Advancement is slow, structure is good. Upper management is great to work with, and lots of networking.
社風
Leadership and communication needs major improvement.
Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  San Diego, CA2019年3月24日
Leadership and communication needs major improvement. Most employees seem to be employed for a paycheck and have no driven purpose to care for the veterans.
社風
There needs to be more structure and stronger work ethics
Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Los Angeles, CA2019年2月28日
The VA is cut throat and management plays favorites and the buddy system. There is not the quality of professionalism and work ethic you woud expect for a government agency,
Helping veterans
Management and work culture
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 13いいえ 1報告する
社風
I will never recommend anyone I know to work at the ATLANTA Dept of Veteran Affairs
Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  Oakwood, GA2019年2月13日
The Atlanta VA is a horrible place to work! It’s unneccesarily stressful!!! The rating I’d give would be a -5 stars (negative number). They don’t pay employees what they’re worth. They devalue your worth if allowed to do so!!!
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 12いいえ報告する
Amazing place to work
Medical Support Assistant (在職中) –  California2019年1月13日
The Veterans Health Administration is an amazing place to work. Its such an honor to help those who served/serve for our freedom .The supporting staff is very helpful. Options for continuing education are endless.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ 2報告する
社風
Woking for the federal government is good, but it comes with its challenges.
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (AMSA) (在職中) –  Orlando, FL 328272019年1月10日
A federal job has its benefits. However, it depends on the job or the position one's has. The hardest part of the job for me is the stress. It can be so hard to move up and too much organizational politic. Management needs major improvement in order to retain great talent in the agency.
Work and life balance
短所
Hard to climb the ladder of success and get promoted.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 11いいえ 1報告する
社風
Environment where gossip, clicks and back stabbing foster.
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (現在は退職) –  Salt Lake City, UT2019年1月08日
Manager scolds employee in public, they tolerate revealing outfits including wearing silk and lace lingerie's to work. Too much gossiping and back stab.
長所
Work is for federal government.
短所
Nobody listens to harassment complaints.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 8いいえ報告する
Medical Support Assistant Duties (現在は退職) –  Livermore, CA2019年1月05日
Very Stressful environment. Wouldn't recommend working for VA. Always wondered why people who transferred to the VA transferred out of VA after a year.
Short lunches (30 min), sat at a computer 8 hrs day
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 7いいえ報告する
Work
Advanced Medical support assistant (現在は退職) –  Anchorage, AK 995042019年1月03日
A typical day at work at the Department of Veterans Affairs includes assisting Veterans with benefits before and after military service. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
New People