General Motorsの社員レビュー

6,425 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
Contract worker
Assistant Buyer (現在は退職) –  Grand Blanc, MI2018年12月04日
The "assistant buyer" title is very deceiving as we did not have the power to make any purchasing decisions. The role consists of getting suppliers to return a quote reflecting a price that has already been pre-negotiated by the production buyer. Lots of follow up since suppliers do not like to respond to quotes, and also lots of chasing correct contacts as suppliers have high turnover rates for their account managers. Contract workers are considered "part of the GM family," even though our pay was half of what direct employees receive, with little to no benefits. No job security or room for advancement, and our entire team was laid off with zero notice a month before Christmas. I was fortunate enough to have a good supervisor and co-workers, but that was the only up-side.
短所
Job security, room for advancement
社風
Change is the only constant
Manager (在職中) –  Detroit, MI2018年12月03日
Well run company undergoing a transformation that will drive the next 100 years. Painful for some but inspiring for those who enjoy a job that will challenge you daily.
Stressful
GM (在職中) –  Warren, MI2018年12月03日
Ok place to work but the ups and downs of the automotive industry are difficult. The work life balance is tenuous. The expectations to work long hours and weekends is difficult.
Car discounts
Work life balance
General Motors
SOFTWARE INTEGRATION DEVELOPER (在職中) –  Austin, TX2018年12月03日
does not promote from within, poor management styles who hires friends instead of qualified candidates. The company does not know what kind of culture it wants. It wants to cater to the young IT culture but GM doesn't want to change.
large company
Too many to mention
Engaged as Contract Employee (現在は退職) –  Warren, MI2018年12月03日
I enjoyed my job and coworkers. I wish that the company didn't have to lay me off. My work was straight forward. The people were great. I wasn't tied to my desk.
長所
Lots of interesting things to do
Laid off without warning
Empresa agradavel de trabalhar
movimentador de mercadoria (現在は退職) –  Sorocaba, SP2018年12月03日
Ótima empresa, pagamento em dia, refeição no local.
Refeição na empresa
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
I enjoyed my job
UGNX Designer 3 (現在は退職) –  Warren, MI2018年12月03日
A typical day was busy. may different car and truck programs to work on. Classes and web-based learning was available and cross-training was encouraged. I had 3 managers in my 4 1/2 years there and all were terrific. I volunteered with Team GM Cares and was involves in the Innovation Team; working on ideas in NX11 that would help all my co-workers.
Classes
Company in Transition
People are great
Machining, Assembly Team Member (現在は退職) –  St. Catharines, ON2018年12月03日
fair pay for fair days work. Can be rewarding if you are able to learn a variety of different job operations. Health and safety a top priority. New hires as of three years ago started at a graduated wage. Have no idea what they are earning now.
Temporary workers
Parts Handler (現在は退職) –  Burton, MI2018年12月03日
I was hired as a temporary employee and was shocked to find that their were at least 10 - 2 year temp workers and more being hired every month. Regular workers have better work situations than temps. Temps are forced to work weekends as well as any OT needed, no yearly bonuses and 3 days off a year including sick days.
good pay
短所
management not on same page as workers, Temps never get hired in, temps aren't allowed to miss days or be sick.
Good Experience
Quality Engineering Lead (在職中) –  Detroit, MI2018年12月03日
There is good and bad, just like any company out there. Dealing with the union is always a feat of its own, which making changes or improvements is always a fight. Time management is not strong or accountability, and the plant is more stressful. Plant life there is a tight time frame to fix an issue, but the engineers take as long as can be to make the changes.
Essential experience
Die Design and Process Engineer (現在は退職) –  Flint, MI2018年12月03日
GM provided an education and a very decent living. A group move made continuing to work in the die engineering group impossible. I am grateful for the experience.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (在職中) –  Lordstown, OH2018年12月03日
Learned a lot working for General Motors, great company to work for. Safety is the the main concern for there employees. Training is state of the art.
Wage
No new products
Lots of Challenge, Currently in process of Change
ENGINEER (在職中) –  Warren, MI2018年12月02日
General Motors is making lots of changes. Yet to be determined what they will look like in the long term. Many neat projects to be worked on at General Motors, but be cautious of the 'relationships' throughout the ranks at GM.
great
Design and Release Engineer (現在は退職) –  Warren, MI2018年12月02日
.Great place to work
Obtained black belt
Great culture
Good food in cafeteria
Lots of room for lateral movement
Would def recommend to anyone that would travel
Active workplace
Body Shop (在職中) –  Oshawa, ON2018年12月02日
It can be a cool place to work, it all depends on what location you get put or who your working with. If you are paired up with the right group of people it can be a fun place to work.
社風
was a nice place to work as a contract worker
Sourcing Analyst (現在は退職) –  Grand Blanc, MI2018年12月02日
just wish they were not laying people off. The group I worked for was responsible for all service parts for every vehicle GM makes. the management was also good to work with
flex time
短所
just wish they were not laying people off
社風
Have learned many skills working there
Laborer/Operator (在職中) –  West Chester, OH2018年12月02日
I have been with the company for 20 years and seen many ups and downs. Have had many opportunities to learn many different jobs which I'm hoping will help me in the future
Politics and Lazy Days
Manufacturing Engineer (現在は退職) –  Warren, MI2018年12月01日
Great place to work if you have been there all your life, and you are waiting out your time until retirement. Daily work is juggling work politics, working in your own function without concern for other functions, and finger pointing. Corporate culture and mid level managers never changed from pre-bankruptcy in the current post-bankruptcy GM.
GM was great - in 2019 we will have to see
IT Project Manager (在職中) –  Michigan2018年12月01日
Its hard to say what GM will be like in 2019 - a lot of changes coming down the pipe.
Wonderful culture established over last few years great team building - honestly I don't see that staying.
No loyalty - Stock holder are the biggest concern
社風
Politics here are morally damaging
Technician (現在は退職) –  Milford, MI2018年12月01日
The GM Proving Grounds is a great place to work. The job itself isn’t hard at all. The facilities need some care and updating. Safety and quality at/in are valuable. There’s a lot to learn and participate in however the political aspect is damaging. It can be an “in-club” atmosphere and unfortunately the “ole boys” who know how to manipulate the system tend to be the guys who cause the most damage. No one should ever come into work feeling targeted for the opportunity they received. Management doesn’t see the real problem going on. The guys who sit back and run their mouths to the boss are the guys who have never really worked a day in their lives. They keep the pot stirring so any negative attention remains on the chosen few who do not fit in. It’s controlling and it’s not right. What’s not okay for one employee can be okay for someone else. It really depends on who has power to protect your backside. It’s wishy-washy depending on the situation and who’s there to have the final say. I’m disappointed because there’s so much opportunity there however management has their own agenda. For a place that doesn’t understand what hard work really is, they definitely have it made there.
長所
(Direct) salary and benefits are good
短所
Political bulldogs ruin the environment
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する