General Motorsの社員レビュー

5,805 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
社風
Muy buen ambiente laboral, Altamente competitivo, ayuda en el crecimiento profesional de sus empleados
COMPRADOR (現在は退職) –  Valencia, Venezuela2018年6月01日
Como se fomenta una sana cultura laboral, todos los integrantes saben qué hacer en sus actividades y quiénes serán sus mejores colaboradores.
Como los años que Trabaje allí me formé para la coordinación de la Cadena de Suministro.
Lo complicado se resume en la capacidad de respuesta, dado lo complejo y amplio de su estructura procedimental.
Pero sobre todo, lo mejor es la calidad humana del personal, más que un trabajo es un excelente lugar para crecer y desarrollarse.
長所
Plan de carrera, seguro médico, beneficios económicos mayores a la ley
短所
Toma de decisiones muy lenta para cubrir necesidades de personal
Eye opening
Production Team Member (現在は退職) –  Spring Hill, TN2018年6月01日
Takes awhile to fix problems that are no brainers
Suggestion program is flawed people with skills not placed where their skills should place them within the plant
The pay benefits
Repe
Preferencia de generos
Reparador automotris (在職中) –  San Luis Potosí, S. L. P.2018年6月01日
Un trato muy mal con la gente de laborales no contamos con apoyo
社風
Great Place to start but ambiguous promotion
Technical Product Owner (在職中) –  Austin, TX2018年5月31日
Pros

- Worked with a great team
- Learned about new technologies
- Fun atmosphere
- Plenty of overtime
- Great benefits

Cons
- lack of management in some region
- culture depends on team
社風
Good
Collector 2 (現在は退職) –  Huntersville, NC2018年5月31日
Good work place good people management very engaged. Good benefits. Flexible hours good chance for advancement team work and self motivation was good.
Hours
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Exelente
Coordinador de Mantenimiento (在職中) –  Silao, Gto.2018年5月30日
Exelete empresa para laborar,con exelentes prestaciones
Gm
Chief Transition Officer (Contractor) (現在は退職) –  Irving, TX2018年5月30日
Great place to work, I was just a contractor for them for a year but in that short period of time, I was treated just like on of the team, and part of the overall GM family.
Great job
Assembly Technician (現在は退職) –  Wentzville, MO2018年5月30日
This was a great job for me .I really enjoyed working here for the time I did . Management was great and I got along with everyone I that was there. I also enjoyed the advancement there.
auo manufacturing
Journeyman Electrician (現在は退職) –  Wentzville, MO2018年5月29日
my career in auto manufacturing has been over 30 years, i had intended to finish up my time with general motors at wentzville assembly, however the plant decided differently as the plant laid off all of the flex trades people due to corporate and plant man agment decision to cut cost.
i am a automation controls electrician and this is my trade, craft, livly hood. getting laid off was not in my plans to be happening in a great up market!
good job
laid off by plant
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
Productive and fun place
Quality Inspector (現在は退職) –  Ingersoll, ON2018年5月29日
nice place to work. though there is no work-life balance, as seniors always burden you with extra work, however, the good part is you get to learn a lot. management is weak in few areas.
General Motors からの公式回答
2018年6月19日

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback with us. We read each of our reviews and take them seriously.

Ambitious but slow
Full-stack Developer (在職中) –  Austin, TX2018年5月29日
General Motors is very ambitious when it comes to building an IT department from essentially scratch. There are several drawbacks to this attempt however.

General Motors is not very technologically oriented. If GM were to build an IT department from scratch and to be technologically reputable, wouldn't they send people off to conferences to compete with the other big tech companies like Google or Apple? GM does not. Employees stay and are encouraged to magnify their career, but GM makes no help to do that for them.

The management is probably the worst thing at GM. Bureaucracy and inhibition on the management's part is a plague at GM. Things get either caught up in approval processes, or managers do nothing at an employees request for something to happen.

The culture is very lame. There is a weak attempt to change company culture by "Drive to Great". That change is not very focused on in any training meetings, and the managers do not embody those principles. And if the managers claim to embody those principles, they misunderstand them heavily.

A typical day at work is come in, do meetings, code for a couple hours, chat chat chat, and leave early. It isn't a very motivating day.

I've tried to give GM the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think I've learned anything valuable. I've definitely learned a lot of how not to do things, but on how to do things I'm still open to see if anything pops up.

When I first started here, I thought GM was fairly generous with their salary and benefits package. But now a year later, I'm realizing how low that actually
  続きを読む is compared to other companies that are in Austin.

GM is a good place to work if you like not doing much at all, and would rather not touch code and bang on the keyboard for routine monotonous tasks.
  折りたたむ
stress
Team Leader (現在は退職) –  Lordstown, OH2018年5月28日
Good place to worked learned how to be hands on learned how to deal with people learned how to be responable drive fork truck deliver parts to line load and unload trucks
good pay
thing change
社風
wonderful and happy place to work
Factory Worker (現在は退職) –  Dayton, OH2018年5月28日
the pay and benefits were fair and had enough to take care of your families. the company had picnics for appreciating their employees gotten raises every 60 days
Nice place to work
Legal staff (在職中) –  Detroit, MI2018年5月28日
Working in the Legal Department has been very interesting after being in automotive engineering for years. I now see engineering from a different perspective.
長所
Working in the Ren Cen is great.
短所
Definite division between contract and direct hire.
Alright Company
IT Operations Engineer (現在は退職) –  Austin, TX2018年5月26日
GM is a top-heavy company where no one wants to rock the boat. Unless you work in Michigan there is no career advancement opportunities. Very hard for anything to get done due to complicated processes. Always acknowledges that IT works in silos and how they want to break them down, but in the end
Ambiente de trabajo confortable
Almacenista (現在は退職) –  Carabobo2018年5月26日
Muy buena empresa motivadora, crecimiento de carreras
Workplace
Part Time Worker (現在は退職) –  Toronto, ON2018年5月26日
The workplace is great and allows you to grow in the company. The job requires a lot of learning and hard work but that is part of any job requirement.
General Motors からの公式回答
2018年6月19日

Thank you for all your contributions to GM and for telling us about your experience.

社風
Okay if your looking for an OEM
Senior Supplier Purchasing (現在は退職) –  Detroit, MI2018年5月25日
Overall General Motors is a good place to work but not contracted as you have no home life. I spent 90% on the road to help them out of a Jam and their idea was to make it permanent. Not ideal.
Great Pay
Lacking Leadership in certain departments
社風
Big name and good for your all-rounded experience
Global Supplier Management Engineer (現在は退職) –  北京市2018年5月25日
GM, you know all the pros and cons. As its branch in Asia Pacific, its the backbone for GM global. I mean more than 50% of sales and incomes for GM are all from Asia Pacific. Since the purchasing amount are huge in the region, the workload are huge if you work in Global Purchasing and Supplier Chain Dept. as I did. If you're ambitious and full of energy to sail out in automobile industry, this company is good for you to gather all the experience you need for next step.
great place to work
Accounting Clerk (現在は退職) –  Vinings, GA2018年5月25日
I worked here over 30 years ago. It was s great place to work then however I cannot speak to how it it is now. While I was there it was a cohesive work environment.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する