General MotorsのProduction Workerポジションの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 144 件見つかりました 6,179 件のレビューを見る
Horrible
Production Worker (在職中) –  Lansing, MI2018年10月05日
General Motors does not care about you or your family, to them you are just a number and you are replaceable. Very understaffed and they refuse to hire more employees. They only care about THEIR paycheck and nothing else. Temp employees are held as temps for YEARS and only given 3 unpaid days off per year. Management does what they want and the Union watches. This is the NEW GM, DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pay and benefits
Everything else
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 4いいえ報告する
Great Company to Work
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Texas2018年9月30日
Great Company, Enjoyed working at General Motors. I would recommend this company to friends and family members. A great place to start and end your career.
Varied workplace
Assembler/Production (現在は退職) –  Arlington, TX2018年9月07日
General Motors builds cars and trucks and has a "Peyton Place," type work environment. Like a small city. Cliques, political divisions, racial divides, etc. One adapts to the inter culture of that workplace. You learn with whom to associate and or avoid. Best attitude to have is come in and do your job. Learned during 30+ years on the job.
Pay and benefits
短所
Favoritism, backstabbing both from management and coworkers.
N/a
Production Worker (在職中) –  Rochester, NY2018年9月04日
Its a great company the pay is great and they give you amazing bonuses and it's free health care coverage for you and your family and the job is very easy for the money they pay
productive and fun
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Grand Rapids, MI2018年9月03日
I ran a machine that was fast paced and I always got my quota and I enjoyed the people I worked with. I did quality on parts. I also did inventory twice a year.
Money and benefits
社風
Loved my job and my coworkers were awesome but it is very fast paced
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Fort Wayne2018年8月20日
Good place to work you earn your money. You have to be hard worker and fast and be able to communicate and be a fast Learner.very good at giving breaks and switching you from station to station within your 8 hr. Shift.
You won’t make it.
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Roanoke, Indiana2018年8月13日
This company brings in company temps. Doesn’t offer benefits to you. Lays off constantly. Won’t allow you to miss unless you a “full time GM employee”. The standards for the guys that will only dream of becoming a “full time employee” next to the regular employees are much higher. Be prepared to work awful shifts and 3 out of 4 Saturday’s per month. You won’t get vacation time, FMLA, benefits, retirement or anything that the “regular full time” employees get. You will be paid less than $15 per hour doing the same job that the guy next to you is doing for $30. You’re forced into the union, but have no rights even though you pay the same amount in dues as the other guy who is “regular full time”.
Sunday’s off
短所
No hope for ever becoming a regular employee.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Hard work
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Lordstown, OH2018年7月02日
Extremely hard, physically demanding work. Benefits and pay great. Some people and most of managment is very hard to work with. Management always pushing to do more than humanly possible.
Temporary Work
Production Worker (在職中) –  Flint, MI2018年6月25日
This job is temporary with no hire date in sight. The health benefits are excellent for only working one day a week. Don't quit your regular job for this.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 8いいえ報告する
社風
Hard work, but good pay & benefits
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Spring Hill, TN2018年6月20日
GM is a fast paced production environment. This job is very stressful, but has excellent benefits, bonuses & compensation. You must be willing to learn very fast and able to work with your entire body. i.e., hands/arms/shoulders/back/legs and able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
pay/benefits/bonuses
短所
very hard work/hard on your body
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
1-3 days is a joke
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Flint, MI2018年6月12日
You will be lucky if you get to work every Saturday. There is no room for advancement and supervisors favor certain employees. However, I wish any one who applies the best of luck.
Decent team mates
短所
Lack of hours, hot work environment and over invasive supervisors
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
社風
Do not apply or waste your time
Production Worker (在職中) –  Wentzville, MO2018年5月20日
This company needs to be revamped overall. You never get what you are promised and management is all about their selves. If you are looking for a lot of drama then I would say yes, if not do not look this way. If you want to work with a lot of ex-cons then by all means have fun.
Money
Management, Job Culture, and Just the people in general
General Motors
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Lordstown, OH2018年5月10日
A steady pace job assembling parts on a car. Also inspected cars and parts. All jobs are done on a moving line. It is a safe place to work. They have safety meetings weekly.
社風
This is solely based on temporary status
Assembler/Production (在職中) –  Romulus, MI2018年5月08日
Coming in August 6, 2016 and still not being hired after almost 2 years is basis for this review yet still an honest open minded one. I’ll give you true facts not based on my frustration with the process.
The first seven months were excellent. Full time hours plus overtime. All temps were then laid off to accommodate Detroit hamtramck people who lost a shift in their plant. (Why they brought us in for just 7 months is BEYOND me)
Then began calling people back for “flex” work which is only FRI-MON. Some people accepted this to keep their foot in the door as mgmt states it. Now, nearly TEN MONTHS in doing flex work and no sign of being hired still.
No vacation to earn, no psp or savings, NO PART of ANY bonuses, and as a matter of fact, fighting for just what they owe weekly is rather tiring.
I do not recommend coming in as a temp unless you’re 30 or under and live at home or don’t mind the sacrifice and putting your life on hold for this.
It would’ve been a great opportunity However, my time there is running short. I’ve started the process for a new career it’s just sick and sad this corporation is doing this to people.
長所
The chance of getting in
Not hiring permanent
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 4いいえ報告する
Something different everyday
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Flint, MI2018年5月05日
The workplace was very interesting to say the least. Co-workers were friendly and laid back. The work was steady and no time for slackers to just sit back.
co-workers
pay
Fun and interesting
Assembler/Production (現在は退職) –  Warren, MI2018年4月24日
Very interesting working there had opportunity to learn various jobs on the assembly line. Enjoyed co workers. Felt secure and like the fact that there was an onsite medical team in the event of an emergency.
長所
Cafe, always something new, information always available
短所
Long long walk from parking lot to building
社風
Is a great career choice but I couldn’t move up in seniority causing me to get laid off
Assembler/Production (現在は退職) –  Lordstown, OH2018年4月13日
Great company. But the economy is getting better and no one is buying small cars. Cause if a cut of a shift and laying me and 1499 other members looking for work
長所
Get to build a great car/product
短所
To many seniority members, causing no room for job security
Working for General Motors
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Lansing, MI2018年4月13日
Labor intensive is the best way to describe it. The jobs are considered ergonomic but many times they were not. The training was chaotic and difficult to keep up with the changes as many job instructions changed on a daily basis. As a team leader it was my job to do quality torque checks and maintain control of the quality of the jobs as they move through my team. The culture and environment of the job was very stressful. Rules were not followed consistently by the Supervisors.

I really enjoyed the pay and benefits, but the toll on my body and my family life made it a clear choice to move on to another career.
Full benefits
短所
Labor intensive, poor training, and too many hours worked a week
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
社風
Fun workplace with high employee morale
Production Worker (現在は退職) –  Oshawa, ON2018年4月09日
While the work was very tough and management can sometimes be tough to deal with when things go wrong, overall it is a pretty positive work environment. If you are a hard worker you will do well. Workers stick together and there is a very high amount of teamwork that goes on. Everyone helps each other out and stands united. The people are what make the job so amazing. If you want a job that comes with a work family this is a great place to work.
長所
Good pay, good benefits, can be fun when you work with the right people
physically demanding, repetitive, fast-paced
General Motors からの公式回答
2018年6月19日

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would like to thank you for your contributions to GM and appreciate the feedback!

Heavy on Management
Production Worker (在職中) –  Oshawa, ON2018年3月30日
Most days we work very hard, often against what seems to be right, as Management doesn't share their objectives and reasons for many decisions. Feedback is not always welcome on ways to improve
good hours
短所
hard on the body and mind
General Motors からの公式回答
2018年6月19日

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback with us. We read each of our reviews and take them seriously.

申請されたプロフィール