Goodwill IndustriesのAttendantポジションの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 485 件見つかりました
社風
Hard to obtain processing quotas. Hard to do everything in time space. Nobody follows rules.
Donation Attendent (現在は退職) –  Fishers, IN2018年2月22日
They have an ungodly quota for the wares and textile producers. Donation attendants have ungodly list of things to do in a very short time period. Lazy people never seemed to step up and do important duties. Everybody seems to end up stressed out. Nothing changes even after you talk to management. Lazy people continue to be lazy..
Look below
didnt like it
Donation Center Attendant (現在は退職) –  Brookfield, WI2018年2月17日
the environment was dull, walking in there felt energy draining. the employees was fun and nice though. i liked the managers they were nice. and the location was too far.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 2報告する
Fast paced quite often
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Greendale, WI2018年2月17日
As a donation attendant the main duty is to assist the customer. There is a bell that rings when a customer pulls in and we have to react to that bell. It is generally a decent place to work unless it gets too busy and we can't keep up, then managers begin complaining about what IS NOT done (grin and bear it).
Trying to think of one.
短所
For me it was location, took me close to two hours travelling on public bus.
社風
I can't say if this is what it's like at many Goodwill locations, or if it was just mine
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Oxford, MI2018年2月16日
It's hard to work for a company when you can't take any pride in what you do.

At the location I was at, the store and backroom were almost always in a constant state of disarray; little organization and a whole lot of clutter. Shelves were impossible to manage because there was no rhyme or reason to items being put out, as well as customers routinely coming in and having zero respect for the products for sale. Breaking, stealing, making a complete mess - children, and many adults too, basically saw it as their own public play place. It's a charity, so the standards aren't exactly high, but I often felt embarrassed even being there and over time grew more and more frustrated trying to bring any order to the chaos.

I learned early on to never touch anything in the store without gloves. Most items donated were of poor or questionable quality (we often received boxes and bags that had been out in garages or attics for years and were covered in mouse feces), as people generally do not care what they give, only that they're rid of what they don't want. In a sense it's like being a garbage collector for the community, only you're a trash collector that has to sort through it all and hope there's worthwhile items that can have a .99 cent sticker slapped on.

Management, with a few exceptions, was generally terrible all around. Very little transparency with employees and completely awful communication. No one was ever on the same page when it came to policy or happenings in the store. Thanks and praise from management was also incredibly rare - to the point of non-existence.
  続きを読む I was there a few months shy of a year, and in that time I saw almost every employee replaced, (either quit, stopped showing up, or were fired) save for a VERY small handful of people.

And on top of it all, the pay was poor. I was hired in making .35 cents over minimum wage, but then when Michigan raised the wages for 2018, our extra .35 cents was deemed not worth saving. So I actually ended up making less by the time I left instead of making more.
  折りたたむ
長所
Paid holiday, vacation and sick time, co-workers
短所
Poor management, poor overall pay, poor employee retention, cluttered and dirty store/work environment
Friendly people
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Union Gap, WA2018年2月11日
Workplace is a little dysfunctional and unorganized. Most employees there are good people except for the ones who would make my job a little harder than it should've been. Management is awesome and most of the time everything goes as planned.
長所
Managers get a smoke break every ten minutes
I wasn't a manager!
Im a key holder for 7 different donation sites
Donation Attendant (在職中) –  Lansing, MI2018年2月11日
Very easy job sorting clothes. And im going to start working with the manager doing safty walk throughs. Checking for cleanlyness. I get to work in a bunck of different areas and different crouds of ppl.
社風
A Great Place to Work For!
Attended Donation Center Attendent. (在職中) –  Harrisonburg, VA2018年2月07日
Overall, I like Goodwill and the missions that the company supports. It feels good to know that even though the pay is low, that the money they could be paying employees, is going to prividing more jobs, and other worthwhile causes.
first job
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Houston, TX2018年2月05日
not a bad first job. staff was friendly. easy job. got to see a lot of interesting thing get donated. not bad for a first time job. i was a donation attendant
discount
managers
社風
Ok place to work at but no potnetial benefits or growth
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Richmond, TX2018年2月02日
Goodwill was an alright place was some interesting people that you could meet everyday. Management at goodwill could lead to either good or bad day depending on the manger that you had to open or close with. But otherwise goodwill is an okay place to work at just dont expect to have any major benefits or potential job growth or increase in pay.
Flexible Hours, Good Management Somtimes, Friendly Employees
短所
No room for growth, No pay increase, Management was disfunctional.
社風
good place for part time
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Sacramento, CA2018年2月01日
The scheduling wasn't the best because I was on call. the pay wasn't worth the work I was doing in the donation centers. I did like that they had a 401k offer !!!
short breaks No lunch for shift less than 6 hrs
customer servise
Donation attendant (現在は退職) –  Calgary, AB2018年1月31日
I 'd like to work with the team, and serve for all the donators and customers. I worked at Goodwill for 1.5 years.
All the team members respected each other and helped each other.
we got improvement there.
Work at a thrift store
Donation Attendant (在職中) –  Cheyenne, WY2018年1月29日
Goodwill is a thriftstore that tries to operate as cheaply as possible While my manager is great, many times her hands are tied by others, above her in regards to pay or hours. The store has more assistant managers than are nessacary, and are always tripping up each other. The atmosphere runs from slow/relaxed, to borderline meltdown. Turn over is high, mainly do to the low hours and low pay , no one really stays for very long. The job really is not that hard or difficult, just a job. I do enjoy the people I work with though.
長所
Nice people to work with
Chaotic enviroment, no advancement
社風
One of the best jobs I worked
Donations Attendant (現在は退職) –  Springfield, IL2018年1月26日
Goodwill is a company I joined with help from a job placement program, I was taught interview skills and ways to set up applications, it was a good job with everything fairly decent. I didn't understand my work ethic back then and I do regret losing the job there.
Understanding Staff, Excellent Coworkers
Lazy Workers
社風
Secure jobs if you stick around
Donation Attendant (在職中) –  Richmond, VA2018年1月23日
(Depending on your job) Pretty busy work place, constantly on the move. It's a good company to work for as long as you're good at what you do and you do your job/don't call out.
長所
Nice people slightly flexible schedule
短所
Not the greatest management, pay sucks, job gets old
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ 1報告する
社風
Good place to work fast paced
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Denver, CO2018年1月23日
Your day is always fast pace.I learned to deal more with customers(people skills)Good managment.Donations attendants do too much work for the small pay.
Good discounts
No Advancement
Associate Degree in Management
Working with the public
Lifting 50 Pounds
Greeting and assisting new people
Keeping the workplace clean
社風
Hard physical work, but fun to work outside and see cool donations
Donations Attendant (現在は退職) –  Lafayette, CO2018年1月21日
Working here was stressful at times, but was fun at times as well. Being a donation attendant here means you get to be outside for the most part. The only exception is when it is raining or snowing really bad.

The worst part of the job was the occasional rude customer. We had some that would get mad when we couldn't accept certain items and didn't understand that we were just following the company's rules. We also had some that were rude when there were only one of us working, and they seemed to think we should be able to help them as well as 15 other cars at the same time.

The job also requires a lot of heavy lifting. Most of the time, especially during the morning shift, you are left working alone. It was sometimes difficult having to lift lots of heavy things without help. It was also hard to be out there alone because we sometimes had to make trash compactor runs when the trash bin was full. However, when you are outside alone, you're not allowed to leave the donation area in case customers show up. So the trash bin would overflow sometimes, and then I would get yelled at by the managers about it, while at the same time, I wasn't allowed to empty it out.

It was sometimes overwhelming working alone because sometimes 5-10 customers would show up at the same time, and it is hard for one person to try to help that many people.

The best part of the job was seeing all of the neat items that people would donate. Some of the things were very beautiful and unique. It was also fun getting to work outside, as compared to being stuck inside all day. Although, every now
  続きを読む and then, if they were shorthanded inside, they would ask one of the donation attendants for help. That could mean you are either helping run the registers, stock items on the shelves, helping price items in the back, or putting clothes on the shelves.

Another bad part about working here was how often the rules would change. The rules for the donation attendants would change almost every day, yet management would not communicate it to us. Instead, they would catch us not following the new rules and yell at us about it. Also, one manager would tell us one thing and the other manager would tell us another thing. So we had to make a decision about which manager to follow. When we would follow one's rules, we would get yelled at by the other.
  折りたたむ
長所
Working outside, getting to see neat items, discount when shopping
短所
Working alone, heavy lifting, rude management, rude customers sometimes
社風
A laid back job with semi-busy locations
ADC Attendant (在職中) –  Winston-Salem, NC2018年1月19日
A typical day at work will either begin in a DONATION Center or a Donation truck drop off site. Each day is 10 hours. You will spend your day assisting donors with their donations and packing the truck.
Hard goods and heavy items are packed low to the floor. While clothing, and soft goods are packed in bags on top of the hard goods up to the ceiling. There are 3 breaks. Two ten minute breaks, one break in the morning and the other in the afternoon.
hardwork and fun
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Federal Way, WA2018年1月17日
i would take or decline donations. write receipts for taxes, load and unload trucks, help customers load purchases, stack and wrap old electronics for recycling.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 2報告する
Goodwill
Donation Attendant (現在は退職) –  Lakewood, CO2018年1月17日
I was a donation attendant for goodwill and it was very physical for me do to the fact that I would lift heavy objects over and over on my shifts. The management wasn't the best either.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する