Overall enjoyable experience
Cashier (現在は退職) – Batavia, IL – 2018年8月27日
• I'd be greeted by fellow coworkers as I walked through the door, and after I clocked in, I was either immediately given a drawer and a register, or I just had to put items away for the meanwhile. Usually there was a sheet on a clipboard telling us our main task for the day. As a cashier, I would always be multitasking with helping customers with their purchases and putting new clothes out on the sales floor, or stocking the bookshelves with newer books, or just cleaning the area behind the registers, whatever it was, it was always when no customer was waiting to see a cashier.
• Just how to be a cashier, working at Goodwill was my first job in the "real world", and I enjoyed working there and being part of an amazing team. I learned responsibility, how to count money in the drawer, focusing on two different tasks at the same time, and just getting a feel for customer service overall.
• Great management, I still remember all of my managers' names and I really felt encouraged to do better and felt comfortable asking questions to them
• The workplace culture was overall decent
• Sunday shifts, especially in the morning, were tough and packed with tons of customers coming in and out of the store and donation center
• A lot of my coworkers really made the experience enjoyable and bearable at times of stress of tiredness
The soda machine in the break room, good pay for a first job and no experience, good management, clean break room
How far away it was from my home, cleaning the disgusting bathrooms, staying late after 10pm, fellow coworkers who weren't putting in their best efforts