JCPenneyの社員レビュー

20,110 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
社風
Minimum wage pay but Fun place to work. Great employee discount.
Customer Service Associate (現在は退職) –  Clearfield, PA2019年5月22日
I knew wben I was hired it was only a minimum wage job but thought annual raises were given. I only received one raise after working there three years. When I received a raise, it wasn’t even a full quarter! I only received a 22 cent increase! Really? They couldn’t round it up to 25 cents? The employee discount was great. The store manager pushes the associates to get credit card applications.
Employee discount
Poor pay
Loyal employees
HUMAN RESOURCE SUPERVISOR (現在は退職) –  Fairview, TX2019年5月22日
I enjoyed onboarding employees. I disliked dealing with upset customers. We had a diverse work group. Learn to work with different aspects of operations.
employee discount
短所
worked holidays, night, and weekends
社風
Was pulled from job to do another
Associate (現在は退職) –  Madison, TN2019年5月22日
It was fine at the beginning, but became harder to accomplish everything tasked to me in the time I was allowed per day.

I have also read that the company is in dire straits, as was Sears (which has recently closed it's store @ Rivergate Mall.
Employee discount
Review for JCPenneys
Cashier (現在は退職) –  Papillion, NE2019年5月22日
Just as most of my jobs JCPenneys was one of my favorite places to work. If it weren't for the condition which brought me to have resigned ... I'd still be working there.
Enjoyed working here
Loss Prevention Supervisor (現在は退職) –  El Paso, TX 799122019年5月22日
I really enjoyed working as a loss prevention officer. I was able to be on my own with my coworkers. Management gave you the freedom to work on your own.
社風
The Worst company you could ever work for
JCPenney Supervisor (在職中) –  Columbus, OH2019年5月22日
I worked my butt off to become a supervisor and when i did i was not even trained properly. The person that was my mentor looked at me ans said what do you want to know then left and only said hi when she saw me. Then i wasn't given the tools i needed which everyone else did. The Worst part is that i was Told i wasn't developed enough at the end to have a permitted spot as a supervisor. Was told i was going to get training so i could move to something and its been 6 months and no one has sat down with me. They sit and lie to you about what the company is doing and it's changes and tell you it was for the better.
Job Responsibilities
customer service (現在は退職) –  North Riverside, IL2019年5月22日
During the first hour of work I would start with inventory. I had to clean the carts and check the dressing room to make sure products weren't left behind. As things picked up, I would help work the register and provided customer service. Lastly, during the last few hours we would have to get ready for closing of the second half shift, which would be for individuals that are working till closing so first half associates would organize clothing and shoes. If you would work second shift most likely you will have about 2 full carts, so most of night shift individuals would work on carts and cleaning till closing.
long breaks
短所
not a lot of things to do
Stressful and Poorly Structured
Merchandise Associate (現在は退職) –  Lake Charles, LA2019年5月22日
The biggest problem they have is poor management. Which causes confusion and makes basic projects hard, but I can say that you do learn valuable skills.

The culture there is a little to comfortable, and may need to be more professional.
長所
Flexibility, they do well adjusting to students schedules.
No real leadership.
Jcpenny
JCPenney Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Houston, TX2019年5月22日
Jcpenny over all was a good job however my manager was very very unreasonable. I would have to leave school to go into work and she cared nothing for any education for her employees.
Nice coworkers
The manager
productive work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (現在は退職) –  Rosenberg, TX2019年5月21日
I would go to my assigned department to make sure clothes were where they were supposed to be, hang stuff up, as well as fold clothes. I made sure the fitting rooms were well maintained. if needed I would help check customers out and ask if they are interested in signing up for a JCPenney credit card
got discounts on items
management
Downward Spiral
Sales Associate/Cashier (在職中) –  Chico, CA2019年5月21日
When I first started working at JCPenney, it was a very enjoyable place to work, I found myself excited every day to go to work. But about a week after I started, we got a new general manager, and since then things have descended gradually with what seems to be no pit stops. Most of the managers that were there when I started are now gone, and most of the floor associates that I started with are gone as well. With a lack of guidance and practical training, we are left with a team of unreliable associates who would rather spend their time standing around than actually working. The fun and trusting environment that I was introduced to is now replaced with a hostile and negative environment. Associates have trouble getting along, and with all the drama in the workplace, I feel like I am back in high school; and this drama does not exclude managers.
Flexible scheduling, associate discount
短所
No training, Constantly short staffed, no reliability between associates or managers
社風
They actual hid the salon
Hair Stylist (現在は退職) –  Amarillo, TX2019年5月21日
No foot traffic. Only scheduled 4 hours a day. The other stylists were nice and very helpful. I didn't like that We that we had to supply everything. That got expensive.
長所
We got the store discount
No hours
Productive and competitive
Cashier and Customer Service (現在は退職) –  Chico, CA2019年5月21日
I loved working here, even though I only worked here for a short time I would love to go back, the only thing I didn’t like was there was a little bit of drama but that’s any place you work. I didn’t let the drama get to me. I just did my job to make sure the customers were happy.
Excellent management team
短所
Drama between my other coworkers.
Relaxed Environment
Cashier (現在は退職) –  Kennesaw, GA2019年5月21日
I liked working at JCPenney, it was a very relaxed environment and everyone was friendly. I liked working here because it was decent hours, they closed at 7 o'clock, so i didn't have to worry about getting off to late.
社風
It was great when it was busy
CASHIER (現在は退職) –  Davenport, IA2019年5月21日
Some days would drag on but others would have a constant rush of people coming to the checkout line. I actually preferred the busy days because it would make the time go by faster. Sometimes the customers were hard to deal with but the manager took care of them.
長所
Great holiday hours, loved the people who worked there.
短所
Short breaks, not enough time to eat.
Stressful for Supervisors
Department Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Maryland2019年5月21日
A great place to work for non management employees that are either still in school, or are working part time to supplement their income. As personally being a supervisor during my tenure here, it was always challenging, always stressful, and at times impossible to meet deadlines for monthly floor sets. Certain store managers, afterwards titled leaders were inconsistent in being a positive support system and played favorites at times.
JCPenney Has It's Ups and Downs
JCPenney Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Columbia, SC2019年5月21日
Just like any Job, this one has its ups and its downs. Management was terrible and coworkers often didn't pull their side of the work load but it wasn't always terrible. I made some great friends at work!
Free lunches during holidays, $2 bonus if you got an icap
短所
short breaks especially during the holidays, non flexible scheduling
Management needs improvement
Photographer, Lifetouch Portraits (在職中) –  Palmdale, CA2019年5月21日
Management needs to be better organized and scheduling for the next needs to be put out sooner. It is a good company to work in general, flexible hours. No full time positions available except for the manager is a big down fall.
社風
Good money for a teenager
Cashier (現在は退職) –  Lees Summit, MO2019年5月21日
9.00 an hour
It’s a good working environment as far as everyone being a team and getting things done.
Just don’t get too comfortable. Managers will start to be on your case about icaps
Everyone’s nice.
短所
No security, low pay, gossip, no sick days
社風
Some what productive and decent place to work.
JCPenney Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Boise, ID2019年5月21日
I liked working here only because I had multiple friends that also worked here. The management was horrible for us workers. One manager made my friend cry on multiple occasions.
Flexible hours