JCPenneyの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 15,026 件見つかりました
社風
corporate needs to step in
Sales Associate and Cashier (在職中) –  Sugar Land, TX2017年12月16日
jcpenney in first colony mall in sugar land, tx is a terrible work. management is the worst of them all. corporate needs to step in and see why they have such a high employee turn over, and the pay is not enough for what you have to deal with!!!!! if I could give a negative it would be -8. and if you are in school stay away cause they do not care....
no cons
短所
worst management team, corporate please step in or shut down!!!!
社風
stressful but ok at times
Sales associate (在職中) –  Nashua, NH 030602017年12月16日
not too bad of a place to work for first retail experience
i enjoy the people i work with
hardest part of the job would be certain people you would have to deal with
社風
Being a salon coordinator was rewarding
Salon Customer Service coordinator (現在は退職) –  Killeen, TX2017年12月16日
As a salon coordinator , I learned so much about the salon industry. With all the knowledge I learned,I was able to become a salon owner.I learned management skills, inventory, and administrative skills.
JCPenney Lenexa Call Center
Call Center Champ 2 and Trainer (現在は退職) –  Lenexa, KS2017年12月16日
Working at the JCPenney call center is Lenexa is a standard call center job. The culture is very relaxed and most of the people are friendly. There is virtually no dress code and even supervisors dress extremely casual. Associates are supposed to follow metrics, although at this particular call center the metrics are no where near as strict as other call centers. This is nice in that you are not going to be disciplined just because your metrics are poor.

The bad side of the relaxed culture is the lack of structure. There is no real clear definition of what the expectations are to be considered a good performer and the metrics are not uniformly enforced. Job performance, annual reviews and advancement (if any) are more so based on how much the supervisors and management like you as opposed to how well you actually perform.

When I received my annual review, the person who wrote it and explained it to me admitted they had no idea how I performed and the feedback they gave was so generic it could be applied to anyone. I was given a very minimal raise and was very disappointed to say the least.

Unfortunately the only thing this call center is not flexible with is the attendance policy. It has an incredibly confusing point system and I had difficulty finding any supervisors or management who were able to explain it clearly. The attendance policy is very restrictive and does does make for a good work life balance. Regardless of whether or not you have an excuse for your absence you are still docked for it. On top of that, requesting days off is very difficult.
  続きを読む I asked for days off 6 months in advance to go to a family event and was still denied. The people who approve time off are out of state and there is no way to talk with them directly.

Another issue I had with working here was the management. There is a complete lack of clearly defined expectations so when you go to a supervisor or manager to ask about feedback and development everything is very vague. The management does not seem to take any accountability and when problems arise they offer no guidance and instead push resolving the issues back on you. I often had a hard time speaking with any of my managers because they were not there when I worked, or they were talking with each other. Some supervisors would not even respond to emails I sent them asking simple questions about attendance and other policies. Additionally many of the supervisors seem to be more focused on badmouthing and undermining each other instead of helping associates and developing them. The other extremely frustrating thing about the management is that you can ask 4 different supervisors the same question and get 4 different answers! I struggled at this job to find anything that management seemed to agree on.

By far, the worst part of this job is that there is little to no room for advancement. The highest it seems possible to go is a lead trainer position at $14 an hour and there are only 2 of these positions available. Once again, because there is a complete lack of clear job expectations these positions seem to be given based on how much management and supervisors like you instead of how well you perform.

For a career-minded individual who is looking to climb the ladder and be compensated appropriately for their hard work I would not recommend working here.

For someone who is simply looking for a job where all they have to do is show up everyday, on-time, not concerned about advancement and doesn't have a need for flexible scheduling; this job would work fine.
  折りたたむ
長所
Co-workers are nice, very relaxed dress code-even for management, okay benefits
短所
No career advancement or growth, weak management, inflexible attendance policy and scheduling, low pay
productive work place
JCPenney Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Clearfield, PA2017年12月16日
I didn't work here for long and the time that i did i was having problems in my pregnancy but they worked with me in many ways. its a laid back productive work environment.
nice enviroment
gets really busy
It's a stressful job
Sales Associate wemons/mens shoes (現在は退職) –  Amarillo, TX2017年12月16日
It's hard it's very fast past depending on what department and your skills depends on how u do it's like a video game where all the levels set on hard lol you and about 10 of your other associates plus 4 managers all have to recover (pick up) the entire story too to bottom till it's done sometimes we'd start at like 9 or 10 and wouldn't end 12
Worth Your While
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Part Time Employee) (在職中) –  Frederick, MD 217032017年12月15日
JCPenny is a good place to start working if you want to get into business because you will meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and work in different departments and learn many tricks of the business. I have also learned patience, and got the courage to stand for what I believe in because it is very easy to get swayed in commercialism and vanity due to exposure to pretty things.
Atmosphere at the workplace is pleasant and management is encouraging and friendly, and easy to speak to, if one has any issue about anything. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do everything that you are suppose to do within the limited time that you were there specially during peak season, and the most enjoyable part is the time spent talking to people and getting to know their preferences and what makes them smile. The most lovable part is when someone tells me that I made him/her feel good and he/she leaves feeling satisfied and cared for,promising to come back because he/she was served above and beyond he/her expectations.
discounts, camaraderie
short breaks
Great place to work.
Department Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Houma, LA 703642017年12月15日
JC Penny is a fun and productive place to work. They are fast paced and fun. The managers are great to work for and caring. The company had great benefits.
Fun place to work.
no cons
Great entry level job
Sr. UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator (現在は退職) –  Wauwatosa, WI2017年12月15日
Performed a variety of tasks that allowed me to gain employment into the enterprise IT field. Great place to work for people just starting out with their IT careers.
Great people
not compensated well enough
Its was OK
Warehouse Worker (現在は退職) –  Sumner, WA2017年12月15日
I really kept to myself when i was on the working line. And when it was break all of us would go outside and bs so all in all it was chill.
And for it being my first job i was pretty content and happy i just wanna be independent and to be able to provide for my son again.
長所
being able to be yourself
idk
社風
Generally a good place to work for parttime
Sales Associate/Cashier (現在は退職) –  Annapolis, MD2017年12月15日
Management was initially very communicative but then became harder to reach. Long hours standing up with very little time for breaks did become difficult. I often had to have family drop off food that I could quickly eat within a 15 min window. That was not enough time to actually go purchase and eat food well.
JCPenney Sales Associate (在職中) –  Baytown, TX2017年12月15日
very interactive, productive. Able to cross train. I enjoy my job, but it is very stressful during the holidays. Customers can be a bit rude. Lack of management.
discounts. paid time off
low pay
Fast paced, fun environment
SALE ASSOCIATE (現在は退職) –  Frisco, TX2017年12月14日
I spent my days here helping customers, running cash registers, cleaning the store, and regular sales associate stuff. I got to see and talk to a lot of different people everyday and was never bored. It was a lot of fun. The hardest part was probably cleaning the store when we closed because it was Christmas and the store always got so messy.
First department job
Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Deptford, NJ2017年12月14日
This was my first retail job it was a little tuff to keep up but I got the hang off it. The store was well staffed and put together but unfortunately I had to relocate and could no longer get to work every day
Cs
Customer Service Representative (現在は退職) –  Castleton, IN2017年12月14日
Terrible place to work at , labor you to clean everything when you are understaffed always in every department. I would never work retail again after working here
Cashier and Utility Team Member
Cashier/Utility (現在は退職) –  Langhorne, PA2017年12月14日
Typical day was either working as cashier or working with Utility Team (they are separate positions, and not guaranteed). With the Utility team I would build displays, design graphical areas, organize stock and display merchandise etc.
長所
No direct supervision, creative vision encouraged, independence
low pay
30 percent Work was fun at times 70 percent time for hard work
Loss Prevention Trainer (現在は退職) –  Willow Grove, PA2017年12月14日
Safety Meeting
E-mail
Monitor CCTV
Investigate all shortages and overage
Court Appearance
Making all associate ORC awareness
Seeing the result of communication
Working a Loss Prevention your never on break
Ron Johnson
PHOTOGRAPHER (現在は退職) –  Bronx, NY2017年12月14日
it was a fun work place to be at; loved the discounts and coworkers.it was a relaxed environment. it was photography job something i wasn't into at first but learned to love it.
discounts
短所
sometimes i had to work extra hours
productive and fun
JCPenney Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Elmhurst, NY2017年12月14日
My position required finding shoe sizes and organizing shoes. There was also the cashier. Some days it is very busy and some days aren't. There is always something to do no matter what your position is. Just make sure everything looks good.
discount
短所
long lines at the register (during peak hours)
slow paced
Part-time Sales Rep (現在は退職) –  Houston, TX2017年12月14日
Unless you are in a management position then this is just a high school job. I did not learn much. Management was not seen but heard and felt. Hardest part of the job was recovering a busy area. The most enjoyable part was the discount.

総合評価