LabCorpの社員レビュー

2,515 件のレビューを表示
PST Specialist - Able to work independently
PST Specialist (在職中) –  Georgia2017年12月17日
If you do not like being micro-managed and are completely capable of being able to perform your job duties without being directly supervised, this position is perfect. As a PST Specialist, I make sure the client's needs are met by treating their patients well and obtaining adequate samples for the lab to test. I also make sure that all patients drawn have results in a timely manner; if they are not resulted in a timely manner, you take the time to research or put in inquiries to LabCorp. Attention to detail is very important when ordering, packing, and shipping patient samples. Errors can cause critical errors in the patient's treatment. Remember, you are working on your own in the client's office and it's up to you to provide great samples for the lab to test! You must be organized and have a little bit of knowledge of ICD-10 codes. I find that it's helpful to the patients and physician if you can inform them of different coding options applicable to the patient.
YOU are not actually coding, but just going a little above and beyond to help the patient and the physician. The physician provides ICD-10 codes. For example, if a physician is requesting a Vit D level 4 times a year and you observe that it's been in the normal range every time, it's likely that patient could receive a bill. Just being able to mention something like that to the physician helps build your relationship with them. I'm pretty sure that's not LabCorp policy and it's definitely not required of you. I am just telling you, the job seeker, things that have helped me.
As it currently stands, I am happy with
  続きを読む the balance of work and home life; as long as there isn't any micro-managing. I have built a relationship with the client I am assigned to; this is helpful when needing time off or if my family needs me. By me not taking advantage of that, the client I work for and my manager knows that I will be there for them and I will have the client and their patients covered. Do not just hide in a corner and draw patients and that's it. Put yourself out there. Smile. Be professional and polite. Figure out ways to go above and beyond that aren't going against LabCorp policy.  折りたたむ
Working Independently, Great Benefits
Low Pay, Not paying based on experience, Small raises
production environment
Support Services Supervisor (在職中) –  Raritan, NJ2017年12月16日
processing patient specimens for health care evaluation
production environment
routine line work and integrated automation
team cooperation to achieve goals
Company has potential
PHLEBOTOMIST (現在は退職) –  New Jersey2017年12月15日
LabCorp is a great company but it would be better if people got hired and fired based off of their work rather than there personal relationships. Its a fast paced place to work so if your not a fast worker this may not be for you.
great experience
managment is a joke
Overbearing and disorganized
Medical Technologist (現在は退職) –  Indianapolis, IN2017年12月15日
Never able to take earned PTO, training was self-driven. A single person was hired for one position, so they were never able to leave on time or take time off because there isn't a back up.
work day
Specimen Processing Specialist-Microbiogly (現在は退職) –  Burlington, NC2017年12月15日
the work day is very overwhelming if you are new to the mess of being thrown to the wolves and not trained well enough to at least do their best to succeed
co workers
not paid enough
Loved working here
Administrative Assistant (現在は退職) –  Brooklyn, NY2017年12月15日
Loved my job in by but father in law got sick and we re located to GA but this is an amazing place to work so much room for growth. Having a very very hard tome finding such good work with such good people.
Decent and felxible
Technologist (現在は退職) –  Durham, NC2017年12月14日
the work environment varies amongst departments. Management isn't the best in terms of communication, but there is plenty of flexibility with time off. ( with the exception of a few departments) the workplace culture can be a bit hostile at times, but that's due to the lack of control of management. Its your typical workplace havoc and drama. Pay is decent for entry level, but there isn't much room for growth. There are plenty of departments, but compensation is poorly judged.
stressful company
Patient Intake Specialist (在職中) –  Germantown, MD2017年12月14日
management has no compassion for co workers which makes the morale of the company low. patients are great to us. The company doesnt really acknowledge their employees for good work.
a typical day at work
Clerical (在職中) –  Raritan, NJ2017年12月14日
overall labcorp is good company. the benefits its really good .
i really like the labcorp its really nice place to work n growing your future but i really want to gain more experince so thats the main reason..
free lunches n incentives every 3 months
workplace
Service Representative (在職中) –  Los Angeles, CA2017年12月12日
Its a good place to work.
The hardest part of the job is to deal with the traffic everyday and deal with dispatch

typical day is pickup specimen from our branches or doctor offices.
easy job
low pay
Phlebotomist (現在は退職) –  Richmond, VA2017年12月12日
Very fast pace environment. Great benefits. Awesome pay. Great management. Sometimes I was a floater and that was great because I was able to meet different people.
Fast paced work environment
PST Specialist (在職中) –  College Park, MD2017年12月11日
Fast paced work environment and must have the ability to work with a team or on your own.

The hardest part of the job is trying to read the doctor's handwriting on the orders.
Great people
Sales Associate (在職中) –  Houston, TX2017年12月11日
I love this company. They are great at employees moving up within the company. Looking forward to retireing here, I have no plans to leave unless management changes
Very stressful
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (現在は退職) –  Prescott, AZ2017年12月09日
I am shocked at the lack of qualified managers this company has. The few employees that have been with the company for longer than 5 years have complete job burn out. I have been in this field for almost 18 years and love my job and my patients. Since joining the Labcorp team less than 6 months ago I have come across so much negativity and lack of professionalism it has driven me to seek employment elsewhere.
Overtime, wages
短所
High turn over rate, poor management
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
it depends
Phlebotomy Technician (在職中) –  Columbia, MD2017年12月09日
its a good place to work, but its also how your boss treats you. the benefits are amazing. Again its all about how your supervisor treats you. our supervisor cant stick patients or process so she doesn't understand what we go through. she thinks she does but she doesn't
長所
health benefits and paid vacation
短所
we are always short staffed
Productive place to work
Service Representative (Courier) (在職中) –  Bristol, PA2017年12月08日
A typical day at work will begin at our main office in Bristol
Pa. We begin and end each day here in order to gain good positive relationships with one another as well as with our supervisors.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 4報告する
Labcorp
Patient Billing Specialist (在職中) –  Greensboro, NC2017年12月07日
I would say if you are considering working here this is a good job with good benefits. Everything they get a thumbs up. Only thing is they are not flexible with scheduling and it completely doesn't matter what your life has going on they have no wiggle room with the scheduling.
Too much going on
Specimen Accessioner (現在は退職) –  Overland Park, KS2017年12月07日
During my time with this company they were undergoing a merger with two or three other similar companies. Management basically left it up to the employees on figuring out how it would work. Little to no communication from management. Environment felt like an assembly line. Work is remedial and monotonous.
Pleasant co-workers
Poor management
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Wonderful Experience learning different Phlebotomy Techniques
Patient Service Technician Specialist (Floater) (現在は退職) –  Louisville, KY2017年12月07日
A typical day at LabCorp would consist of communication with your medical staff and any concerns. Then you would make sure your fully supplied so you can have the tools you need to perform your work. I loved the diversity within the different offices.
self-motivated positions
weekends
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 2報告する
社風
Productive and busy work place.
Phlebotomist (現在は退職) –  Philadelphia, PA2017年12月06日
Labcorp was a nice place to work, but at time it was a little busy for one person. Even though I worked along most of the time I managed to get the job done.
長所
Free lunch from the reps and holiday parties very good.
短所
Working alone and hardly getting a lunch.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 2報告する