Lowe'sのDepartment Managerポジションの社員レビュー

検索条件に一致するレビューが 1,466 件見つかりました 28,905 件のレビューを見る
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
社風
Enjoyed job. But was thrown into postion given my previous retail experience. Started with a quality manager then inherited an lazy manager.
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Albuquerque, NM2018年10月14日
Generally like the work. Mostly customer service, stocking and merchandising. I had a lengthy retail career prior to this job, so at management meeting as a department manager, i spoke up about issues and questions brought up by upper management. Apparently, the consensus was to keep quiet. So, I was like by department managers, but challenged by senior management.
No clear team goal. I was forbidden from leaving my department to assist customers in other departments including just taking them to the right area.
This job was difficult as weekly shifts were between 2pm-10pm and 5am to 1pm. so the differential was difficult to adjust to from day to day.
this job is for youngsters as the pay is decent and the hours might be easier or convenient for them.
Pay.
短所
Shift times. Poor management. Lack of direction provided.
Nice
Department Manager – Flooring, Windows, Walls (在職中) –  Abbotsford, BC2018年10月14日
This particular location is great. We are currently understaffed, and that makes it hard a lot of the time. Hopefully we will be back up to full staff soon.
Great employess
Dept. Manager (現在は退職) –  Bowling Green, KY2018年10月13日
Great employess to work with. I enjoyed working with customers on projects to help them with their needs. I’ve enjoyed my 12 plus years. When the restructure was in place my pay would be $7.00 less per hour
Great insurance
社風
all depends on whicih store and mgment at the store and morale there
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Newark, DE2018年10月11日
spent 9 years at lowe's
all of us (coworkers) that were there 5+ years became like family
great benefits

not always great communication
ca be fun - enjoyable place to work
長所
benefits
短所
schedule, always work evening, weekends, stressfull at timte
Team Leader/ Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Southfield, MI2018年10月10日
Complete year to date, shrink and budget report. Conduct follow ups on assignment given to employees in my department. Meet with upper management to discus potential sales issues and employee scheduling. Down load daily sales goals report and order new inventory. Offer any support need to help complete details within the department. The hardest part was making sure deadlines are achieved. The most enjoyable part was exceeding my budget goals for the week.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
社風
Great company, but not great working hours.
Sales, Department Manager, Customer service (在職中) –  Corinth, MS2018年10月10日
I love my Lowes family. However, the hours are crazy. Only one weekend off a month. And the week is filled with both opening and closing shifts. Most of us would prefer a more set schedule.
長所
Holiday and vacation time. Company paid meals on holidays.
短所
Only one weekend off a month. Opening and closing shifts in the same week. Lots of heavy lifting.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
Nice place to Work
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Owasso, OK2018年10月09日
Enjoyed working for Lowes. Every day was different with challenges every day. Management can vary from store to store, however, I was pleased with my management team.
Decent Employer
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Riverhead, NY2018年10月09日
As a whole, Lowes was a fair and decent to it's employees. They offered an average benefits package. They engaged the staff with yearly store meetings and kept them informed of upcoming news.
Good staff.
not many
Happily Gone
Delivery Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Reynoldsburg, OH2018年10月07日
Lowe's more about getting rid of associates they don't like or don't fit the mold they want. Too many managers not performing and having to help cover other departments
長所
Great associates under my control
Too much conflict
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
社風
Lowes cares about the employee
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  NY2018年10月04日
Lowes is a great company as it cares about both its employee and local community. There are many programs that are there to encourage employee growth and development. Also with the Lowes heros the company loves to give back to the community its self.
Lowes Cashier
Department Manager (在職中) –  Toronto, ON2018年9月28日
Working as a cashier can be difficult. Alot of drama and cattiness amongst the cashiers. Company itself is flexible and work around your school schedule.
Flexible
Short staffed
社風
Challenging and fun work environment
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Corbin, KY2018年9月26日
Enjoyed working at this company very much. A typical day at work at Lowe's was always a challenge and something new. That is what I enjoyed the most about this job. Work environment was good and I worked with great people.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
management
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (現在は退職) –  Salem, NH2018年9月24日
The store is in a good location with a lot of foot traffic , some days were easy while some days were hard , Its retail business that's fast paced and can stressful with a lack of poor staff , or when there's no communication for the day , managers tend to lack a lot , while very few actually are hard working but most just ride there associates and harshly criticize to get the job done. this job is not for everyone
amazing benefits
lazy managers
Good entry level job
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Mount Pleasant, SC2018年9月24日
I can't speak to the current state of this company as i have not been there in years. But, i do keep abreast of what is happening in the company. But not enough to give a current review.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 1報告する
Pay was not too bad
Department Manager (在職中) –  Toronto, ON2018年9月23日
All employees ned to be held accountable.
Very stressful for certain positions.
Busy during the summer.
A lot of different departments to work in.
Dealing with difficult customers.
was the pay
streesful
Retail
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Township of Brick, NJ2018年9月23日
Home improvement retail is not much different than other retail. Shifts vary from early AM to late night. Training is limited to come computer training and then being thrown into the fire.
長所
Discounts if you are renovating
it is retail
Limited Solutions
Department Manager of Installation Sales (在職中) –  Columbia, MO2018年9月22日
The position allows a lot of freedom to set my own schedule and the wage is not bad. I get to work with some professional contractors for remodeling jobs and they do great work.
The job has several responsibilities and not enough authority to control the outcome. Many of our contractors do quality work, but the position gives no authority over those who do unacceptable work. There are so many steps to get every order placed, received, and delivered it is much too easy for problems to occur. Virtually the only solution is to give the final customer a discount from their purchase.
長所
This is a huge corporation that everyone knows.
短所
Red Tape gets in the way of getting the job done.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
社風
It once was a family oriented great atmosphere to work
Department Manager/CSAV (現在は退職) –  Lock Haven, PA2018年9月21日
Because of the last restructure Lowe's has really changed. There is no guidance and direction in departments now. Coverage is worse than its ever been. People leaving left and right. Customers frustrated because all the knowledgeable and experienced employees was left go or left on their own. Lack of help from employees. The morale is terrible.
長所
Pay, vacation, and they treated me well especially during my time on medical leave
短所
Short coverage, no guidance and direction in departments, lack of knowledge and experience
I miss it
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Front Royal, VA2018年9月21日
I worked at three different lowes locations over a few year span. I worked my way up as one of the most successful flooring managers in my district at a young age. I seriously loved this job. I had some mental health stuff that made me quit abruptly. I wish I could join the company again because I really enjoyed it.

I’m not into the bashing managers game... but most managers felt like hawks. They would try to get associates in trouble for anything they could (I covered my own butt so I didn’t get in trouble) and made it much more stressful than it should’ve been. I understand rewarding bonuses to upper management that keep costs down, but it REALLY hurts morale to leave work feeling defeated some of the time. Most of the young employees I worked with didn’t care for it, and most of the older employees were tired of how it is managed.

HR managers seem to leak a little too much information to other employees and management too.

That being said, I have had a few amazing and kind managers I worked with so many fantastic employees. I loved training my coworkers.
Salary, three breaks per 8 hour shift, great coworkers
短所
Management like to find reasons to get people in trouble
社風
This is a really good company to work for
Department Manager (現在は退職) –  Baton Rouge, LA2018年9月19日
Lowe's is a really great company to work for because they offer good benefits, vacation, sick, personal days and holiday pay. They provide you with the proper training that is needed for you to do your job effectively and successfully. If I haven't taken sick I'd still be there.
長所
Have great salary and benefits
短所
Need more associates on the sales floor for customer assistance
申請されたプロフィール