Macy'sの社員レビュー

27,267 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
社風
I enjoyed using my discount for Macy's items
Holiday Associate, West Hartford (在職中) –  West Hartford, CT2018年12月13日
I enjoyed using my discount for Macy's items. It's fun working and such a diverse group of people. I enjoy working with customers and the experience will be hard to forget.
Discount
短所
Manger Had a hard time pronouncing my name. All the time disliked when I corrected her.
Productive great work place
Packing Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Cheshire, CT2018年12月13日
I loved the years i worked at this job. There is lots of room for growth i started as a seasonal associate and became a part-time core associate then fuul time the became a trainer then a coordinator then a supervisor the was a seasonal manager.
社風
Productive and fun workplace also very family oriented team
Fine rug gallery specialist (在職中) –  Chicago, IL2018年12月13日
A typical workday consist of me maintaining my work department and obtaining enough customer information with the help of colleagues to complete a daily incentive.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Productive work environment
Associate (現在は退職) –  Frederick, MD 217042018年12月13日
As a seasonal employee I cannot say whether or not working at Macy`s has benefited me greatly aside from having more experience with customers and developing my communication skills.
Fun and excellent environment
Women's Shoes Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Colonie, NY2018年12月13日
If you do your job and be on time you have no problems they work around your schedule and there a really good company to work for especially with the discount
Fun Atmosphere
Sales Support (現在は退職) –  Dartmouth, MA2018年12月13日
Working during the holiday season was fast paced but enjoyable. Met a lot of delightful people-both workers and customers. Enjoyed the atmosphere....
Friendly Staff
Late Shifts
Easy seasonal job
SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE (現在は退職) –  ROSEVILLE, CA, US2018年12月13日
I loved this job as a seasonal. It was great because I got to choose my own hours! I got to move from different departments so I got a feel of the store.
長所
Long lunches, pick own hours
短所
Didn't know I was going to be let go until last shift
multiple locations
Customer Service (現在は退職) –  New York, NY2018年12月13日
cool place to work especially at herald square. fast paced, exciting. stressful with tourists and rude customers. other locations are slower. ok pay. retail sucks during the holidays.
Great Work Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (現在は退職) –  White Plains, NY2018年12月13日
I was a sales associate that had some reasonable sale goals and then at many time unreasonable sales goals. At times it was impossible to increase sale by the time your schedule because of outside occurrences.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ報告する
Typical Work Day At Macy's
Sales Associate (在職中) –  Cincinnati, OH2018年12月12日
Typical work day at At Your Service (AYS) - AYS is the work area where all customer returns, online orders and customer disputes are handled. A typical is always heavy, lots of customers, complaints, etc. I enjoy working with my customers and providing the best service that can be provided at all times.
長所
Providing position service to customers.
短所
Very busy, lot of standing.
typical retail
Marc by Marc Jacobs RTW Specialist (現在は退職) –  Newport Beach, CA2018年12月12日
Macy is a typical retail department store. Looking nice and meeting sales goals is very important. Management is usually under a lot of pressure to meet their goals, so you always have someone on your case about sales.
Fun !
Cashier (現在は退職) –  King of Prussia, PA2018年12月12日
Had fun working here, even better around the holidays. YESSSSS it was hectic BUT all the employee discounts were GREAT !! On your feet all day except for lunch break. HAHA.
Production
Department Manager (Part-time) (在職中) –  Arlington, VA2018年12月12日
Very happy place to work and great customer service place I love the store its self a happy place to work and be at. ... Great make up company's great clothing line and last but not lease 4 different levels
Free lunch breaks
Health care
社風
Working in customer service should come with hazardous duty pay.
Sales Associate (在職中) –  Houston, TX2018年12月12日
Currently work in newly created Customer Service department, which is an efficient method of handling complaints, problems, returns, order pick-up, bill payment, etc. While this creates a more pleasant environment for sales associates, this forces an unlucky few associates to handle angry, unhappy customers all day for no additional compensation. Low morale and burnout are common in this area.
Chill place
Macy's warehouse (在職中) –  Goodyear, AZ2018年12月12日
Good time wouldn’t recommend night shift for students fun environment good food in cafeteria cool supervisors dumb coworkers breaks are paid lunch is not
Breaks are paid
Tiring
社風
Find a job somewhere else.
Store Associate (現在は退職) –  Casper, WY2018年12月12日
Although I enjoyed cashiering, I never want to work again at Macy's in Casper, WY. I was placed on the fulfillment team despite applying to be a sales associate. Most my work on the sales floor was spent reorganizing items that customers left in total disarray. The remainder of my time on the sales floor involved finding items that had been ordered.

The fulfillment room completely lacked proper work conditions. Too many people were crowded into the area, which could comfortably accommodate two or three people. Employees had to stand for long hours on concrete due to floor mats not being provided. Anyone attempting to inflate bubble wrap/packs, had to kneel or sit on the floor to use the air compressor located by the door. This usually resulted in that person being stepped on or tripped over. People also frequently tripped over items in the room due to serious overcrowding of racks, boxes, and shipping materials. In addition, the room lacked counter space for making boxes needed to ship certain items. Employees either had to sit on or bend over the floor while trying to get wet paper tape from a dispenser located on a counter. Making and packing “pizza boxes” (for suits or sports coats) required repeatedly moving from sitting on the floor to standing up.

Two additional tables eventually were placed in the loading dock for several people to use for packaging. Employees frequently collided or interfered each other’s work flow due to reaching for packing supplies. Only one tape dispenser was available for both tables. The tables were too low for employees to comfortably pack
  続きを読む items, resulting in everyone experiencing ongoing neck, back, and arm pain due to having to constantly bend over. There were no floor mats on the concrete floor and the area was extremely cold. In addition, lack of packing/shipping supplies for several days prevented fulfillment from shipping items that had to be sent in a box. Despite everything being shipped before each item's deadline, fulfillment employees were repeatedly told to work faster to deal with the incredible number of orders. For example, the number of one day's orders that had to be located and shipped totaled 1,985 items. My work production improvement requests (e.g., raise the tables, provide floor mats, reduce the number of people per table or provide more tables, have adequate supplies, etc.) were ignored completely.

Locating items in-store affected packaging orders by the UPS pickup deadline. No new fulfillment employees were trained where merchandise was located unless the head of packing provided such information. We were left to find items by trial and error, which impacted the time available for packing. In addition, several sales associates completely failed or refused to find the items that had been ordered, entering such items as “not found” in the store's database. This usually resulted in the head of packing having to locate the items rather than the sales associates performing part of their job.

From my observations, management was chaotic and dysfunctional at best. Little or no communication occurred between supervisors, resulting in some employees not knowing what section they were working in that day. For example, one employee worked as a sales associate for a week before being told that she should have been working in fulfillment. I was told several times by a supervisor to work in a different section, only to be told by another that I was working in fulfillment. Men's wear was seldom staffed, resulting in any employee walking by being asked to find items and/or serve as cashier. Under- staffing in other sections often required me to stop trying to locate items that had been ordered and assist customers at the cash register despite my being assigned to fulfillment. In addition, the device for removing certain alarm tags from men's clothing was broken, requiring employees to leave the men's wear cash register to use a tag remover in women's ready to wear and then return to men's wear. When I brought this to management’s attention, I was told that the proper tag remover would not be provided.

The actions of the head of packing constituted the main reason why the store successfully located items for shipment. Due to her refusal to leave work until every item had been found, the store met its shipping goals despite certain sales associates completely failing/refusing to find items that had been ordered. It is my understanding that management knew about the packing head’s dedication and hard work but failed to acknowledge/reward her efforts. Unfortunately, such apathy concerning job performance is pervasive at the store.

I voluntarily left Macy’s. My current employment provides much better pay with great benefits in a vastly superior work environment.
  折りたたむ
長所
The job provides pay weekly on Friday.
短所
Low pay and no benefits, poor work conditions, dysfunctional management, apathy toward employees, little or no possibility of advancement, anti-union training as part of orientation, having to deal with overstocked items that sell poorly due to demographics (e.g., rap artist t-shirts in primarily conservative, rural, country music loving Wyoming)
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
I worked seasonal
Asset Protection Associate (現在は退職) –  Boynton Beach, FL2018年12月12日
I was there only a couple months , okay paying job at the time . Didn’t really get allot of hours. Other then that it was ok. Learning experience , although it was limited it was my first job and I appreciated the working opportunity.
Location & times
Pay
The Macy's of Lenox Square
Sales Associate (在職中) –  Atlanta, GA2018年12月12日
Working at Macy's is Something else as a sales associate you have a great deal of an responsibility on your hands. Your responsible for cleaning the fitting rooms, rining up rude customers, deal with poor managers that don't know how to do their jobs so you have to do their jobs for them including yours, Rude co-workers that have been there for over 20+ years but think they know it all Macy's at Lenox Square is the worst Macy's to work for. If your not trying to work your way up in the company please don't settle for Macy's
Work you like crazy
社風
It was flexible sometimes fast past
Warehouse Stock Associate (現在は退職) –  Owasso, OK2018年12月12日
It was a great job to work at it was a fast paste job training there was great I love it everyone communicated greatly and got along it’s a great place to be
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
it was a easy Job
Asset Protection Officer (現在は退職) –  Cheshire, CT2018年12月12日
i got to explore the entire warehouse by walking around and checking to make sue that everything is secure. i was to check on the trailers and unlock trucks with merchandise.
申請されたプロフィール