Stanford Universityの社員レビュー

528 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
Good and not-so-good
Administrative Associate (現在は退職) –  Stanford, CA2018年10月16日
Overall Stanford is a decent place to work, depending on what you want in a job/career. As with most companies, the department where you work, and whom you work with, are key factors. My most recent position at Stanford was in a small office that was part of a bigger department. Other than meetings, I felt isolated. My manager was fine in terms of having an open-door policy and being easy to talk to, but I concluded that I wouldn't get a chance to learn anything beyond what I had been doing. There is definitely a lot of "office politics" in certain departments. The campus itself is stunning; I never got tired of seeing it. If you want to work with the latest technology, however, Stanford is probably not the place for you. The bureaucracy can be frustrating; things that seem relatively easy to accomplish take longer than they should.
Free CalTrain pass, 403(B) plan
短所
Health insurance is kind of expensive
This is not a review
CNS Engineering Technician (現在は退職) –  San Jose, CA2018年10月16日
I am typing because some fool at Indeed though it would be a good idea to make this a requirement. Well, if you are doing to think that irrationally, here you do.
Secure
Animal Caretaker 4 (現在は退職) –  Stanford, CA2018年10月15日
I felt safe and secure working there, i was there fir ren years, they helped pur my sin through college. I wouldnt mind retiring from there someday.
長所
Benefits
短所
Far
Inefficient management
Clinical Research Specialist (在職中) –  Palo Alto, CA2018年10月14日
Working at Stanford provides good work-life balance and descent benefits; the management team is dysfunctional which results in extra stress from time to time.
Out sourced management
Operations Manager III, Environmental Services (現在は退職) –  Palo Alto, CA2018年10月13日
Worked with a wonderful team of EVS staff, making sure that the facility had the highest cleaning standards possible. The direct co-managers where knowledgeable and professionalm
EVS Staff and Co-Managers
短所
Lack of opportunities to grow or advance
Community Associate
Community Associate for family courtyard (現在は退職) –  Stanford, CA2018年10月09日
I only worked here briefly as a Community Associate while living there as a grad student family. I helped work with the families to create activities and events for the families.
社風
Staff are considered second class citizens
Student Services Officer (在職中) –  Stanford, CA2018年10月03日
I have worked in a couple positions at Stanford and it is pretty clear to me that management on campus do not value their employees. They regularly ignore the concerns and needs of the staff and continue to overly tend to the faculty and students. If you work with students, you will find that many are quite entitled and that they have been hand held their entire academic career at Stanford. Faculty are extremely difficult to work with as they believe that all staff are essentially their secretaries. The Stanford name means something on your resume but once you get here, it is not necessarily a good place to work. I am sure that many departments and centers have excellent support of their staff but what I have seen so far has been quite disappointing and it makes me want to leave the education field entirely.
Beautiful campus
短所
Expensive parking, lack of opportunities for promotion, low pay for the area
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
社風
Look at rent in the area before accepting a job
Postdoctoral Researcher (現在は退職) –  Stanford, CA2018年9月29日
Great opportunity for exposure to different lines of research, collaborations, great ideas. The work was challenging but I grew from the experience. I would have liked to collaborate more to get publications.
Flexible and Fun work enviroment
Computer Resource Consultant (在職中) –  Stanford, CA2018年9月25日
Stanford was an awesome place to work at. I have grown and polished up so much in my career here. The work schedule is very flexible and resources from my team were always available using Slack. I recommend working here if you want to grow knowledge and have fun.
Variety of collaboration
Research nurse II (在職中) –  800 welch road2018年9月22日
Checking in with patients initiates collaboration with study team (PIs and study coordinators), pharmacy, and clinical/research lab for smooth my nursing care. I normally have 4-5 patients on my 10 hours shifts with at least two infusions for my assignment. Managing my priority and providing best patient care to improve nursing quality, clinical outcomes, patient and study team satisfactory have rooted in my heart, and patients and study team recognition has been my best rewarding for my every busy work day.

Challengers occur every day when we are short of staff with busy schedule, but it turns out close bonding when accomplishment a busy complicated clinical day. Team work and teaching our new staff to grow is continuously demanding but rewarding.
Excellent tranning
Fellow (現在は退職) –  Red Wood City and Stanford Hospital2018年9月22日
One of the best place to get pain management training. I like the ''everything under one roof'' environment, including interventional pain management, PT, pain psychology, et al, a truly multidisciplinary pain management.
Stanford University
Postdoctoral Scholar, Dept. of Urology (現在は退職) –  Stanford, CA 943052018年9月21日
It is a place learn and achieve. There are lots of smart people who have done well in the research arena. So if you are curious, want to do good work and learn a lot then there are lots of resources available at your disposal.
Professional and Structured workplace
Finance Assistant (現在は退職) –  Palo Alto, CA2018年9月21日
Overall experience was exactly what I expected. Professional, diverse environment, and room for growth. The consistency of the staff was also exceptionally attentive to our departments needs.
RA experience
Research Assistant, Department of Sociology (在職中) –  Stanford, CA2018年9月18日
• Investigated the mobility and inter-organizational relationships of the Chinese bureaucracy
• Applied statistical models and parsed large social network datasets to extrapolate patterns of career movement among different government offices using R
• Designed and implemented algorithms to calculate and visualize social network structures and dynamics
Cutthroat
Administrative Assistant (現在は退職) –  Palo Alto, CA2018年9月13日
You don't mean jack unless you know somebody or have been there for 5+ years. Everyone treats you like you're easily replaceable. Unfortunately everything runs downhill.
社風
Well managed and fun place to collabort
Assistant Event Coordinator (現在は退職) –  Stanford, CA2018年9月11日
I loved working at Stanford. Most days were very busy. I have learned so much in these three month. For example, how Stanford financial system works where money comes from, which organization gets the most funds. If one organization runs out of funds where can they get more. what does different PTA mean. It well managed business. I love the culture of Stanford it is very collaborative. The hardest part of my job was chasing students to get all the documents together to reconcile the end of month financial statements. Most enjoyable part was that working with people who been there for ten, fifteen and thirty years. If I didn't understand any thing they helped me out and explained how Stanford system works. I loved working at Stanford Law School. Would love to work with those amazing people again.
Stanford
Undergraduate Housing Building Manager (在職中) –  Stanford, CA2018年9月10日
Great work life balance, beautiful campus, surrounded by positive and intelligent colleagues. Working with students allows for new and exciting challenges.
Long time ago
Intern (現在は退職) –  United States2018年9月07日
I had an internship experience at the university five years ago, and it is not a very vague memory to me. Friendly environment although with little management.
社風
Wants to be flexible/progressive and isn't
Human Resources (在職中) –  Stanford University2018年9月06日
A lot of ideas are touted at Stanford (flexible schedules, ability to telecommute to name a few) but your access to these arrangements is entirely dependent on your manager. If you get a conservative manager, you won't get any of these benefits. Stanford should find a way to make sure that these types of things are offered to the entire workforce and that their management can't interpret the rules as they see fit.
長所
Backup care benefit, tuition reimbursement, yearly funds for training
短所
Decentralized, if you get a bad manager, you will be a bit stuck.
Telecommunications Operator (現在は退職) –  Stanford, CA2018年8月30日
Love Stanford University. Great benefits and room for advancements . They always have fun events to attend , not sure about other departments but mine the management allowed us to attend during work hours
この企業ページを申請する