Total Wine & Moreの社員レビュー

257 件のレビューを表示
社風
Tasting and self guided learning
Inside Sales (現在は退職) –  Plano, TX2017年12月07日
Very structured and controlling atmosphere. Lots of opportunity to learn and tasted many different wines and spirits styles.Very large selection, however only the Winery Direct (house brands) are what company is interested in selling.
Monthly wine allocation
Micromanagement
fun place to work
Cashier/Sales (在職中) –  Fresno, CA2017年11月26日
Good place to work great atmosphere. lots of growth opportunity for those who are in interested. lots of fun perks as well like discounts and tastings of popular wines. You learn a lot about wine and other alcohols.
社風
fast paced place to work
Front-End Assistant Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Union, NJ2017年11月25日
fast pace and fun place to work managers work with you. and discount on wine purches. light money counting and closing paperwork is eazy. employees are great people to work with.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Terrible work environment
Merchandiser & Lead Sales Associate (現在は退職) –  Pembroke Pines, FL2017年11月25日
Hours were very long and pay was terrible. Pay raises were almost non existent and as well as advancement opportunities. Management was not always aware of responsibilities due to positions usually being held by people from outside of the company to fill the roles. No rapport with management in order to fill out daily duties in an efficient manner.
長所
Knowledge of different spirits and wine
No advancement opportunities
wine
Wine Associate (現在は退職) –  Orlando, FL2017年11月23日
I was a wine consutlant and they did compensate with 12 free bottoles of wine every month to rate. There was alot of climbing up and down ladders and getting cases of wine from stock. I learned aolot about wine as they do send you to wine tastings and i did get to meet some winemakers.
free wine
hardly any breaks
Wine Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Wine Manager) (在職中) –  California2017年11月23日
The culture of Total Wine is holding it back from being a really great place to grow a career.

Most days feel like I'm trying to fit 10 lbs of *stuff* in a 2 lbs bag.

Management sets unrealistic expectations and fails to hear the solutions to opportunities. Employee turnover is high, even for retail, and the amount of training that is required to be even the most entry level of positions means that you're constantly having to train new people without the support of veteran staff.

A typical shift is 10 hours long with a single 30 minute meal break.

The culture is toxic and negative at the store level.
長所
Free case of wine every month and ample training.
短所
Low pay, Long hours, No WL Balance, Toxic culture, no upward mobility.
fun place
Sales/Cashier (現在は退職) –  Fort Worth, TX2017年11月18日
i love it it was great. hopefully i can work somewhere like that again. helping people. and making people feel great!!!!!!!!! I appreciate the opportunity
This was a temporary Christmas 2012 position
Front End Team Member (現在は退職) –  Huntersville, NC2017年11月16日
Day was pleasant
Heavy load of physical work for a cashier position
As a cashier the manager expected the cashiers to clean
bathroom and trash bins
I ended up having to load grocery carts outside
Heavy volume of work moving cases of beer and wine through belt at cashier counter
Manager expected me to be on a ladder 30 feet in air loading boxes on shelves, when she knew I did not have medical insurance.
長所
It was pleasant working with people and helping them with billing transactions at cashier counter
短所
The manager I had was not considerate of safety for someone with no insurance.
productive work place
Spirits Lead (現在は退職) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL2017年11月16日
sold and managed the liquor department, merchandised aisle. stock freight liquor bottles. had to meet sales quota. maintained aisle to company standards
relaxed enviorment
meet sales quota
社風
GREAT training, very bad management
Wine and Craft Beer Consultant (現在は退職) –  Newport News, VA2017年11月16日
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my job at Total Wine, but sometimes you quit a job and sometimes you quit a boss. I learned SO MUCH about wine and craft beers, and I would not trade that training for the world... I only wish the managers were more professional and the toxic work environment they create make the job unbearable. Gossip, demeaning verbiage, and unfair treatment (playing favorites) were the normal practice of management. Such a shame, because it would have otherwise been the best job I've ever had.
Training, discounts.
短所
Management, very low pay.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Love my customers
Cashier (在職中) –  Fremont, CA2017年11月14日
Balance till before start of work, cashier, keep area clean all day, answer phones, stock product on floor, offer new products, sign up new members, balance till at end of day and prepare the deposit.
長所
Company supplies lunch on weekends
only a 10 min break
Total Slavery & More
Supervisor Assistant (現在は退職) –  South Carolina2017年11月08日
Stressful micro management style that demeans all other assistant managers as well as entire staff. .. false sense of team effort as most are over worked already while others that are lazy with no work erihic are allowed to weigh down everyone else. Unrealistic expectations put on team to accomplish overloaded tasks in a short time frame , but still have to attend to all customers. Terrible tracking of inventory and merchandising making it impossible to locate items. Physical demands that would make monkeys go crazy !
Discounts
短所
Hours worked, management style, stressful environment, trickle down negativity from the top down
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ報告する
Great
Cashier/Wine Team Member (現在は退職) –  Springfield, VA2017年11月05日
I had a wonderful experience - coworkers were like family. Great pay, benefits. I have no complaints about my experience working for the company. I would work there again, if I had the opportunity. I now live in a city with no Total Wine stores.
It was wonderful working for Total WIne
Sales Representative (在職中) –  Boynton Beach, FL2017年11月02日
I really enjoyed working for Total Wine. They were very helpful and always ensured a great company culture. One thing I can say about this company is that the managers were always a pleasure to work with.
great workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (現在は退職) –  Union, NJ2017年11月01日
get place to work and many opportunities to advance,friendly environment, great people to work with ,management it good too
safe place to work
most enjoyable part is the wine tasting and selling the wine
長所
the provide food for you just because or the workers will cook for the whole team
短所
sometimes couldnt clock out on time
社風
Productive, good place to work
Warehouse/Transfers (在職中) –  Sacramento, CA2017年11月01日
Lots to do, learn about different products.
Can get busy and makes day go faster.
Transfers shipping is good to do, Not overly difficult.

Standing 8 hours can be hard and tiring
Friendly enjoyable atmosphere, good discounts, many knowledgable people to learn from
Great Store Mgmt./Incompetent Upper Mgmt
Wine Associate (現在は退職) –  Bay Area, CA2017年11月01日
They hire non-industry people in upper management with six-figure incomes who know nothing about the wine, craft beer or spirits industry. They assume if you can manage a Wal-Mart or Home Depot, you can manage a wine store. The in-store managers are nice, but their regional managers are grade-A morons.
They are slow to promote from within and would rather hire someone who managed a Foot Locker than move someone with actual industry knowledge into a leadership role.
Benefits are wonderful. Pay is poor unless you're a manager.
They treat wine like a commodity. There's no genuine passion for the product, half of which are labels they buy with exclusive control on and they get for pennies on the dollar and mark up a ton. It's just a commodity to them. They might as well be selling widgets.
長所
Benefits
短所
No hope to advance. They hire managers from outside the industry.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 4いいえ報告する
Fast and busy pasted
Cashier (在職中) –  Raleigh, NC2017年10月30日
Standing on your for long periods of time, 30 minute break. I would not recommend for anyone. Pay is very low for the amount of work that you do. Management needs alot of work.
30 Minute lunch breaks
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ 1報告する
Great people
Cashier/Customer Service (在職中) –  Greenville, SC2017年10月27日
Work for total a number of years and it has been at the end of day a great place to work even though it may be stressful at time. I have made some great friends here.
長所
Free lunches during holiday season
Communication
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 3報告する
Good location.
Taste Tester-cashier/bagger (現在は退職) –  Tampa, FL2017年10月27日
Cashiers also bagged purchases; some intoxicated customers entered store and cashiers had to contact manager; store always busy; all cashiers promoted membership card.
長所
Part time pay supplement to my teaching career.
短所
Faced paced, liquors & spirits glass breakage expected.

総合評価