Total Wine & Moreの社員レビュー

329 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
It’s a sales job
Wine Sales Representative (現在は退職) –  Texas2018年6月17日
The pay is horrible for what you are expected to know and remember to answer customer questions. There are lot of options with alcohol and you need to know the details to answer questions. There is some training but not nearly enough. You are pressured to sell the WD products and some folks have no integrity in selling this. Good commaradarie with fellow team members but ALL of management tends to spend their time BSing at customer service desk and then barking when numbers aren’t where they want them.

Even at the Supervisor level, the pay is bad! The only good thing about this job is most customers are cool because they’re wanting to have fun and you can help them. Employees are cool. Discounts on wine (only). Very little opportunity to grow. All supervisors and above are expected to work a minimum of 50 hours/week.
Discounts
Management, sales pressure, Integrity
社風
Incredible turnover and low moral
Senior Digital Marketing Manager (在職中) –  Bethesda, MD2018年6月08日
No leadership
No Vission
No opportunity to grow
High turn over
low employee moral
Not diverse
Not innovative
In the past 4 months 18% off the employees left for another job.
Digital department is at least 5 years behind compared to other companies.
Tons of closed door meetings
長所
wine discount on WD, pays ok, benefits are good
短所
Not a place to grow and develop
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Fun atmosphere
Cashier (現在は退職) –  Viera, FL2018年6月06日
I enjoyed working for total wine and more. I learned a great deal about wine and there regions. Did samples of tastings. recommendations. Product growth. I just wasn't given a fair chance for full-time.
長所
saturday was activity days. fun selling contests
短所
Not enough hrs. given per week
Everyday is a new day.
Assistant Store Manager (在職中) –  Boca Raton, FL2018年5月30日
You will learn something new every single day in a fun and energetic environment. Total Wine & More hires an elite group of Team Members and provides vast training in all aspects of the business.
Okay, for seasonal.
Stock, Seasonal part time work (現在は退職) –  Wilmington, DE2018年5月24日
Not much to it. Helped customers retrieve there product from the back, or high above. Then replaced the product with the same thing. Great seasonal, or in between job.
Free lunch during holidays
Tough retail work environment
Retail Sales and Management (現在は退職) –  Virginia2018年5月22日
I have not worked for this company for over 12 Year’s so it’s not really easy to review them.

I remember long hours and little pay. Challenging staffing situations and not a lot of support from upper management
Learn about wine
Healthcare and pay
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 2報告する
Productive Environment with Wonderful Staff
Front End Team Member (在職中) –  Charlotte, NC2018年5月14日
The customers can make work life difficult at times. But management ALWAYS has your back and wants you to succeed. The location I worked at was by far my favorite job I've had so far. They allow room for growth. You just have to put in the long hours and endure sometimes difficult/rude customers to get where you want to be.
長所
Good pay, flexible scheduling, easy to take vacation time, fun environment, awesome coworkers
短所
Long hours, delayed raises, difficult customers
社風
I was luck to have a great team that helped each other.
Wine Associate (現在は退職) –  NC2018年5月12日
This is a very hard job and very deceiving, You don't just sell wine but you will be constantly lifting and throwing cases wine in top stock. Pulling cases from top stock to stock shelves. You will be totally filthy while trying to look professional for help customers. There really isn't anything glamorous about the job.
長所
Great discount and "wine for life" for full time employees
短所
Too much lifting, bad pay, DM was the worst, 30 min break for 10-12 hr days, never seems to be right or enough for DM
社風
dont know how they have not been sued
Manager Assistant (現在は退職) –  Florida2018年5月08日
Company makes offers and promises on advanced placement and growth especially in their MIT program, however has a turnover rate of over 70% in assistant managers.

The company and executive team members in the Florida market forbid taking care of team members in both pay and work life balance. Managers would pay out of pocket to provided team members with lunch , bus or uber fare to assist in overall team moral.

The company is biased to male managers and does not openly publish open positions, it is based on the old boys club.

The company has a supposed hotline number for people to call anonymously with any complaints or issues with co workers or managers. unfortunately it is not confidential. The store manager and other members of management is notified and then confront the team member who sent in the issue. It is truly disturbing and a HR nightmare. I dont know how this company has not been sued. The lack of HR representation, understanding and education is disturbing.
poor managment, sexist
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ 1報告する
Very fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (在職中) –  Daytona Beach, FL2018年5月07日
I enjoy all of my coworkers. The personalities there are great. I've ;earned just about all there is to know about wine, spirits, and beer. You feel supported by staff... great job overall.
長所
Tasting products, free products, always food in break room!
短所
Pay, standing, nothing else.
Good Part-Time Job
Sales Team Member (Seasonal) (現在は退職) –  Roseville, MN2018年5月02日
I had a really good relationship with my coworkers here and the Store Manager was great. Really easy products to sell and customers are often pleasant.
Good part-time work
短所
Scheduling communication can be a challenge. May work when you wanted days off.
社風
One of the best places to work
Supervisor (現在は退職) –  Albuquerque, NM2018年4月30日
Working at Total Wine was a blessing. One of the best places I've ever worked. Great benefits and great store morale. Everyone was always happy. Discount is good too.
benefits, discount
社風
management/ uniform polices ruined this job for me
CASHIER/SERVICE/SALES TEAM MEMBER (現在は退職) –  West Hartford, CT2018年4月25日
Management absolutely sucked. out of the 5 managers, only one was good and treated employees fairly. And after working there for six month the owners got more strict with their policies on tattoos and piercings. When i was hired, my tattoo and piercings wern't a big deal and then all of a sudden we had to cover tattoos and take piercings out. They lost multiple really good employees from my location alone never mind all the other stores as well.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ 1報告する
Fun place to work
manager (在職中) –  Sarasota, fl2018年4月24日
Overall Total Wine is a very fun place to work. Location to location managers vary and that is to be expected. I have had bad, good and great leadership while working here. I am currently in management and my senior leadership is very helpful and supportive. Being an internal promote is tough but I believe it is better here than 90% of retail. I highly recommend applying and having some conversation to see if it is the right fit for you. The days are long for full timers but they are never ever boring. It's retail so weekends are a must. If you work hard and truly put your all into it you will advance sometimes it may seem slow. Remember you advertise for yourself and push to learn new things don't wait on it to come to you.
長所
Free wine, lot's of training, changing environment, encouraged to make mistakes
短所
Long days, work life balance is hard but not impossible
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 1いいえ 2報告する
社風
Fun place to work to learn about spirits
Front End Team Member (現在は退職) –  Charleston, SC2018年4月23日
Quick paced customer service environment. Typical day includes cashier register functions, stocking supplies and lifting 50lb boxes of wine and spirits.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はいいいえ 1報告する
Its ok
Merchandiser (在職中) –  Claymont, DE2018年4月19日
Management tries hard to work with what they have to make your job easier. The jobs are physically demanding and performance is always expected. Breaks too short.
Knowledge
Short breaks
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 2いいえ報告する
社風
Great people you meet with fun culture
Marketing/Advertising (在職中) –  Bethesda, MD2018年4月08日
A typical work day consists of a lot of emails, collaborating with team members and having a strong follow through to complete projects that have deadlines. If not carefully applied, your projects will get slowed down trying to resolve. The department where I work has a very supportive management team with a open door. We all have a great passion for what we do and everyone goes the extra mile to support one another. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a work/life balance. It's very difficult to unplug on the weekends because there's so much work to do to even keep up with the fast paced environment. When our team get's finished with a project we have to work hard to catch up with our individual projects. On the plus side, you definitely learn a lot on the job and get to work with some great people. There's always food supplied and fun activities that go on around the office to keep our morale up. I would recommend working here for people whom are willing to learn in a fast paced environment.
Periodic free lunches
work/life balance
社風
The management is poor, but the coworkers and customers make up for it
Merchandiser & beer salesman (在職中) –  Towson, MD2018年4月06日
The managers are not effective leaders, and neither do they promote advancement. However, the rest of the staff are great people. The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging customers and learning about the products.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 3いいえ報告する
Overall Pleasant place to work
Front End Cashier (現在は退職) –  Manchester, CT2018年4月05日
Its hard to move up would be my only complaint, other than that the work experience was fine. Great place to learn about wines and balance.
Open late and have great prices as well as variety.
Great place to learn
Hard to move up
社風
Growing too fast to worry about its people
Manager (在職中) –  Bethesda, MD2018年4月04日
Company has no clear strategy or culture; no career advancement opportunities. The company is growing rapidly which is great, however, it is not done with an attention to detail that provides for long-term success.
このレビューは役に立ちましたか?はい 5いいえ報告する