United States Postal Serviceの社員レビュー

17,274 件のレビューを表示
並べ替え: トップレビュー | 総合評価 | 回答日
社風
rush and fast was the pigest fun at Uspost.
Rural Carrier Associate (現在は退職) –  Chanhassen, MN2018年10月17日
sorting paper is the starting point in the morning.
ordering packages are second sorting.
fast and rush is the USPOST job culture.
hardest part was sorting papers and delivering mails at winter time
社風
good job, not so good hours
Rural Carrier Associate (在職中) –  Blue Valley, UT2018年10月17日
Working at the post office is very challenging. It is not just throwing mail into a mailbox. You have to sort out mail and packages and get them to the right customer within a certain time frame. I learned that working outdoors is not a good option for me. I liked my managers.
Good starting wage
短所
uncertainty with hours for first year
Tough Place To Work
City Carrier Assistant (CCA) (現在は退職) –  Falls Church, VA2018年10月17日
I averaged walking 60 MILES a week for the 72 days that I worked for the United States Postal Service... However, I was not able to walk those miles fast enough, so I didn't make it out of the 90 day probationary period.
Good Pay
Very Poor Job security
社風
Challenging but interesting workplace with potential for growth.
Regular Sr (現在は退職) –  Austin, TX2018年10月17日
A typical day at work is fast paced, I learned that everything is timed and percentages must be met.
Management never hassled me because I was good at my percentages, 100%.
The workers might seem laid back, but everyone is working diligently trying to get the workload out and delivered.
Being able to review everything you are delivering and receiving in a timely manner is the most difficult part of your job, but if with practice nothing is difficult. it can be tiring, but just keep going forward.
Though difficult at times, the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interactions with customers. Smiles are contagious, so I always offered smiles out throughout my service.
Never boring
短所
Thoughts of not being able to deliver everything by the end of the day
Never good enough
Carrier (現在は退職) –  Ardmore, OK2018年10月17日
Extremly micro managed, even if you do your job management is always pushing for more so they can get their bonus. If you get hurt on the job they will look to find anyway it could have been your fault never taking the blame for anything. If its 110 degrees outside they still dont care they want you to run and if you pass out of heatstroke they will blame you and tell you they warned you of the symptoms. Your coworkers are alright most of them are whiny and angry because everyone is in such a bad mood from working 6 days sometimes 7 days a week.
社風
Non stop on the go, with more than accurate deliveries everyday of the job
Regular Mail Carrier (在職中) –  Vacaville, CA2018年10月17日
I Love the interaction with my customers and knowing what I need to get everyday! The hardest part of the job is making all the deliveries in a timely manner. So prioritizing is very important in maintaining the deliveries in nine hours everyday!
長所
I'm able to go home after my route has been delivered even if I finish under the evaluated time!
Inhumane
CCA- City Carrier Assistant (現在は退職) –  New York, NY2018年10月17日
Lack of supplies necessary to complete simple task makes an easy job difficult. Managers are overloaded with work which causes them to be irrational at times.
Overtime
30 minute lunch breaks
社風
Stable and challenging career at the postal service
Letter carrier (現在は退職) –  Canton, OH2018年10月17日
Fast paced environment as each and every day a challenge to get that days mail sorted and delivered in a safe and timely manor. Many factors involved each day were volume and make up of mail , weather, local traffic and other daily changes to your routine.
長所
Stable and well compensated employment
Weather
Rural Carrier
Rural Mail Carrier (在職中) –  Spotsylvania, VA2018年10月17日
I was a full time rural carrier with no benefits because I was not considered permanent. It is a scale system the first in are the ones that receives the permanent positions
job security
Good job
Officer in Charge / Postmaster Relief (現在は退職) –  West Newfield, ME2018年10月17日
Lots of information and regulations to learn, but if you ever have a question there was always somebody else to call for help. The downfall is the unions make it difficult for employees who are not in the unions to advance.
Fast paced
Letter Carrier (現在は退職) –  Burlington, WI2018年10月17日
The Post Office is no joke. You have 90 days to prove you can do any route they ask you to do just as well as the regular. if they have any doubt in the first 90 days you're gone.
Self monitored
Fighting the clock
社風
If you want no life, you want to work here
Postal Support Employee Clerk (在職中) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018年10月17日
If you love management that work their people to death and have no care, then work here. There is a reason that this place has a below 50% retention rate.
長所
Can save up paid leave, decent money
Stressful environment
City Carrier Assistant (在職中) –  Fort Myers, FL2018年10月17日
Very little teamwork, a lot of complaining and laziness due to a strong union. You get to hear a lot of complaining and deal with people with little to no work ethic. A good portion of people act as they are entitled but are not willing to put the forth effort.
Pay
Unions
社風
Horrible place to work for the holidays unless you have experience
City Carrier Assistant (現在は退職) –  Denver, CO2018年10月17日
Employees were very verbal about their dislike for seasonal employees, especially if it meant them not getting overtime for their scheduled route because many had gotten used to the overtime due to USPS lack of hiring in the past.
Pay rate
Training
社風
Productive, demanding, and quiet workplace.
Mail Carrier (現在は退職) –  Hanover, MI2018年10月16日
I wasn't given full time hours or benefits. I was also on call everyday and only guaranteed Saturday's. There wasn't any stability and I could possibly wait for years to become full time. I had a wonderful Post Master and all co-works were friendly.
Love my job
Usps mail carrier (在職中) –  Saint Clair Shores, MI2018年10月16日
It's hard work but the benefits of working by yourself is worth it.set your case. Hardest part of the job is learning what not to do . Anyway you have to teach yourself to case mail take your time and always remember there is another carrier in the same situation. I am a cca leaned everything on my own that's the hardest part. But now after 3 years it's all about getting through the day helping each other get the job done..
長所
You are your own boss in the field
短所
Time is not on your side
社風
Management fudges the numbers to make themselves look good
LETTER CARRIER (現在は退職) –  Adel, GA2018年10月16日
The US Postal office is a crooked organization. The management is constantly fudging the numbers and allowing people to work off the clock before their shift, so the actual time it takes them to sort the mail is shortened and it results in less pay for the employees. I witnessed this on a daily basis. The status quo is maintained and actual mail volume exceeds the hours paid to the employees. If you file a grievance through the union, the postmaster is constantly harassing you and looking for a reason to discipline you. They'll target you until you either quit or transfer.
free Uniforms
短所
Constant baby sitting and micro management of personnel.
Great Job to retire from
Mail Handler (現在は退職) –  Chicago, IL2018年10月16日
Postal Service provides great benefits and a great salary once you become a regular. However, the work/life balance is null and void. Also, the work take a major toll on you physically.
Great Job
City carrier assistant (現在は退職) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018年10月16日
It was a great place for job experience. you had to be timely and make all deliveries. it was fast-paced but it paid quite well. only down side is that I did not have my own route so I was considered a full-time carrier even though I work over 50 hours a week.
The United States Postal Service has excellent advancement opportunities
Data Collection Technician (現在は退職) –  Carol Stream, IL2018年10月16日
I appreciate the advancement opportunities the Postal Service allows their employers. However placement of job vacancies are sometimes promoted towards individuals based on affiliation and not their qualifications.
申請されたプロフィール