University of Illinoisの社員レビュー

270 件のレビューを表示
社風
Being a graduate student is never easy!
Graduate Research Assistant (現在は退職) –  Champaign, IL2017年12月07日
Definitely not the position for me. Being a graduate student promises the future of success, but the road towards it is not easy. You pretty much "make your own program". You set you hours, make your own schedule, and have to go to class as well. The hours are long, with little pay. Again. if you want to work in Academia, you need to be able to develop multitasking skills, organize your research and be ready to work hard. Not for anyone!
長所
guidance, free funding, resources for research, great departments
短所
No benefits, stressful, low pay
Groundsman (現在は退職) –  Champaign, Il2017年11月30日
Loved working at u of I. Great benefits, great people. Laid back and enjoyable. I worked there 5 years and loved every minute. The grounds department was fun and always something to do.
Job enviornment, people
research and teachinh assistant
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (現在は退職) –  champaign urbana, il2017年11月19日
typical teaching and research assistant positions while in graduate school. Tuition waiver and monthly stipend were great and put me through grad school.
very stressful
snack bar attendant/ catering/ and prep cook (現在は退職) –  Champaign, IL2017年11月15日
I would not advise anyone to work at the university does not treat there workers fairly. the pay is good . the workers are lazy and they do not like to help anyone who is in need
長所
it is a great learning experience in the culinary arts field
短所
the hours are not given. there are not any benefits for a part timer
社風
Great place to work freindly staff rich heritage!
Food Sanitation Laborer/Stage Hands (在職中) –  Urbana, IL2017年11月14日
A typical day at State Farm Center well the crew usually meet on the northwest side of the stadium before we start our assignments we have doughnuts & coffee, work until everything is setup then we have intermission until the show is concluded then I'm responsible for breaking down stage & loading it up. Something great I learned was time management & how to be a team player. Workplace culture is great I mean you become intrigued with the job almost immediately just knowing the history & knowing what your apart of makes you appreciate the job just little more. The hardest part of the job is the scheduling I personally wish I had more hours. The most enjoyable part hands down is meeting the celebs & pay.
Discounts, pay, Company
Healthcare, breaks, scheduling
educational job
Acct Tech I - Univ. Payables (現在は退職) –  Champaign, IL2017年11月09日
I was able to return to school and the University paid for it. They have a great benefit package and I was able to grow as an individual and employee while there.
Productive workplace
Building Service Worker (現在は退職) –  Champaign, IL2017年10月23日
This is a cut throat environment. It is not a fair and just place to work. The slackers stay there to retire and those that work hard may lose their position because of a slight slip. I was a slow work environment and it may take about 3 hours to do a taask. It must be strerched over a 8 hour shift.
社風
easy to communicate and flexible
Student Event Manager (在職中) –  Champaign, IL2017年10月22日
Clear direction given from upper level management. The other employees work well together and there is no abuse of power. The hardest part is understanding every specific question. The easiest part of the job is the flexibility in hours and what to do during the game.
Free lunch, work 2 or 3 days a week
Long days
社風
My daily and weekly duties
Administrative Assistant (現在は退職) –  Chicago, IL2017年10月09日
Typing, filing, meet & greet, assisting the hard manager, taking inbound & outbound calls, running errands in & around UIC, internet research. I also spoke to students that were new at UIC and answered questions about the campus.
At the desk all day.
Liad off
Contracted Employee
Contract Specialist (在職中) –  Chicago, IL2017年10月09日
If working for U of I is a desire please confirm that your position isn't contracted out to another entity. There isn't an opportunity for growth when contracted as an off-site employee. One doesn't receive the same support of services if not working on one of the campuses.
idk about this one
Extra Help (現在は退職) –  Champaign, IL2017年10月04日
i liked it because they let me do my own work but they werent really to friendly the pay was good but it was extra help i dont think people really wanted me to be there
A regular day
Lecturer/Instructor (在職中) –  Illinois2017年9月19日
It is balanced environment, where I follow a schedule of two lectures, and time in my office to write articles or grade homework or exams.
Also, interacting in a chatroom as facilitator of online classes.
Good working environment.
Low pay
社風
I really thought this was a better place....
Food Service Administrator I, Culinary Worker III (現在は退職) –  Urbana, IL2017年9月07日
This was one of the most surprising places to work. The union makes it hard for work to be fair because it is to hard to fire people. The atmosphere is cutthroat and angry. I thought this would be my last position.
unlimited overtime
coworkers
Uic
Department Supervisor/Graduate Adviser (現在は退職) –  Chicago, IL2017年9月04日
The department and the supervisor have the ability to make your experience balanced or stressful. Supervising Academics have various management styles and a person needs to be able to adjust.. Most departments are balanced ans easy to work with the work load is always more than one person can do so you need to prioritize your work . When you can do this you are in for a great experience. 15 years at this institution.
Great place to work.
Oracle DBA/ HDP administrator/ Linux System Admin (在職中) –  Chicago, IL2017年8月20日
Great place to work. Great culture and very diverse. It is also a great environment to learn new skills and the balance between work and life is good.
Easy to learn environment
Assistant Researcher (在職中) –  Integrative Biology Lab2017年8月08日
Being a research position at one of the top schools in the country has allowed me to learn the necessary skills and techniques that will be beneficial to my career as a bioinformatics researcher.
A great institution for Scientific Pursuits
Research Scientist/Graduate Student (現在は退職) –  Urbana, IL 618012017年8月04日
Often overlooked by from Ohio State and the University of Michigan, the University of Illinois is an immersive school that provides the resources (education and other-wise) to succeed in a scientific world.
社風
Campus Housing was a place to grow and develop experience in many levels of work.
Resident Assistant (現在は退職) –  Chicago, IL2017年8月03日
My time in Campus Housing was short but the people I worked with and the knowledge I gained will last a lifetime. I was able to learn how to deal with high stress situations as well as develop communication skills. I was surrounded by people from all backgrounds and had no issues with finding a sense of community and belonging. At times the work was tedious and hard and may have required long hours but I came out of it a better person.
Working with all backgrounds
短所
Bringing the stress from work home
Variable
Communications Specialist (現在は退職) –  Champaign, IL2017年8月02日
Each office/department of the university is like it's own little company, so your experience is really dependent on where you are. Overall very stressful. There's lots of red tape, and faculty don't have a lot of respect for staff members.
長所
Tons of vacation, health insurance, free Lynda.com accounts, cheap adobe licenses, access to the university library
短所
Faculty make bad bosses, red tape, not a lot of room for advancement, low pay
Excellent learning environment
Director of Clinical Operations (在職中) –  Chicago, IL2017年7月30日
Enjoy working with faculty and staff. Great learning institution with educational resources at your disposal.
Hectic environment with newest technology and advancements

総合評価